• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

That's fine, but watch all of these

BfERcgP.png

and let me know if WrestleMania 2000 is an F.

xoxo
Giving an F to Over the Edge seems in poor taste. Unless it stands for "fall"

Kaladin

Straight shootin' : I know there are chances this could be my last night in Wrasslegaf since I don't post on the weekends much. If that's the case I want to be the first to congratulate CM Punk on proving that the UFC is scripted and even a skinny fat ass who looks like a short-order cook from a Waffle House can enter the octagon and win a fight with minimal training and experience.

Sephzilla

If you wanna be a bad boy in WrassleGAF, Seph and Groovy are the boys to be bad with, aren't we Seph?

3hiFG9w.gif

Straight shootin' : I know there are chances this could be my last night in Wrasslegaf since I don't post on the weekends much. If that's the case I want to be the first to congratulate CM Punk on proving that the UFC is scripted and even a skinny fat ass who looks like a short-order cook from a Waffle House can enter the octagon and win a fight with minimal training and experience.

Did you take some silly ban bet like NVM did?

Sephzilla

Yeah, in hindsight, it should be a Loser Leaves Town bet where you can't post on WrassleGaf and if you do you get banned.

Oh my god this idea is amazing. It means you get one last good run in before you're dragged out of the promotion.

Were you #PunkWins or #PunkLoses?

Kaladin

Considering that it's impossible for a mod to monitor all the time then that means...

someone will have to be a SNITCH

It would be kind of easy to check. You'd start with the next month's thread and check the total post counts for everyone who posted at the end of the month. All you'd have to do is search for the banned individual's name and you're good till the next month.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What's the point of making a high stakes bet if you take steps back from its severity?

A buddy of mine and I have made the stakes for a bet being that the loser has to listen to Frank Sinatra's "New York New York" every chance they have. It's gonna SUCK. We just need to find a good event to bet on.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Given that Del Rio is gone, its gone from dumb to almost indefensible that Samoa Joe is still on NXT.

Kaladin

The WWE Network is currently only missing 38 episodes of ECW Hardcore TV from 1993 and 1994 before they have a complete run of ECW TV on the network. I say bring on the pre-PPV supercards.

Kaladin

Zach, do you have a stopping point for your venture or are you going to go straight on through the 2000's and the Ruthless Aggression Era?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
https://twitter.com/FinnBalor/status/774341447436922880

This goober was once the World Champion. My wife and I both refer to AJ Styles as a goober (I can't define the term but AJ fits), but this dude is equally goobery. Has Finn ever wrestled AJ Styles? They're on different brands but I feel like I'd like to see that Goober-off at WrestleMania.

Mahonay

Banned
Catching up on some Botchamanias. Holy shit the ending clip in 319 of the edited Austin/Ambrose interview made me burst out laughing. Summed up that shit ass interview Dean gave.

Caderfix

I'm pretty sure the reason Becky Lynch is popular is the obvious one: because she's hot and her gimmick is being adorkable.

That's not to say that any of the women they employ are not good-looking, because all of them are.

She's very charismatic and a good performer. In my opinion, she's the complete package.

Angry Grimace

From what someone told me, they never fought in NJPW.

AJ debuted in NJPW at the event where Finn left and they weren't in the same match.

But as far as I know, NJPW isn't nearly as exclusive as WWE so you have opportunities to work elsewhere in your off-time so I wouldn't have been surprised if a match had happened.

TNA viewership for Thursday:

The sequel did not have the same amount of hype, word of mouth or promotion compared to the original.

Also against NFL

AJ debuted in NJPW at the event where Finn left and they weren't in the same match.

But as far as I know, NJPW isn't nearly as exclusive as WWE so you have opportunities to work elsewhere in your off-time so I wouldn't have been surprised if a match had happened.
Ah I see. How did the whole bullet club thing with aj work? Was he automatically in since Finn left or was there more to the story?

Angry Grimace

She's very charismatic and a good performer. In my opinion, she's the complete package.

I think she's due a lot of credit for actually making women's wrestling get taken more seriously on the main roster.

People shit all over the Divas Revolution crap, but its hard to argue that women's wrestling hasn't become a much bigger fixture on all WWE programming, and a lot of that was because Lynch's program with Charlotte got over.

I mean, at WrestleMania 31, the women's title was not defended at all and got like 6 and a half minutes in a 4 hour show. At WrestleMania 32 the women's match was 16 minutes long, eclipsed only by the incredibly overlong Reigns/HHH and Undertaker/Shane matches.

Also against NFL

Ah I see. How did the whole bullet club thing with aj work? Was he automatically in since Finn left or was there more to the story?

I know almost nothing about it. The only thing I even know about Bullet Club is that its a foreigner faction.

Zach

Zach, do you have a stopping point for your venture or are you going to go straight on through the 2000's and the Ruthless Aggression Era?

I will decide when WCW dies. The most likely outcome is continuing to watch PPVs only, with the rare RAW (after WrestleManias, for example).

I think she's due a lot of credit for actually making women's wrestling get taken more seriously on the main roster.

People shit all over the Divas Revolution crap, but its hard to argue that women's wrestling hasn't become a much bigger fixture on all WWE programming, and a lot of that was because Lynch's program with Charlotte got over.

I mean, at WrestleMania 31, the women's title was not defended at all and got like 6 and a half minutes in a 4 hour show. At WrestleMania 32 the women's match was 16 minutes long, eclipsed only by the incredibly overlong Reigns/HHH and Undertaker/Shane matches.

I know almost nothing about it. The only thing I even know about Bullet Club is that its a foreigner faction.
I see, I see. Sooooo what do you usually watch? Just wwe?

I'm pretty sure the reason Becky Lynch is popular is the obvious one: because she's hot and her gimmick is being adorkable.

That's not to say that any of the women they employ are not good-looking, because all of them are.

Or because she's charismatic and appeals perfectly to kids?

She has the same appeal and charisma as Bayley does. They both can be very very huge for the WWE but time will tell.

jmdajr

Don't know what everyone's problem is with WM 2000, to be honest. It's got a generation defining ladder match, Pete Rose getting a stink face, and JR doing his best to expose the business on commentary.

My biggest memory?

Mick Foley missing the elbow drop.

Well that and HHH going over brother!

Angry Grimace

I see, I see. Sooooo what do you usually watch? Just wwe?

WWE covers 3 brands, 3 nights a week. I don't have time to watch more than one promotion and frankly, I don't like wrestling enough to watch a bunch of indie shows beyond certain individual matches.

Hell, even with live SmackDown I don't actually watch it. I just read what happened.

I will decide when WCW dies. The most likely outcome is continuing to watch PPVs only, with the rare RAW (after WrestleManias, for example).
I'm not working you when I say you're doing yourself a disservice to skip Smackdown after Summerslam 02. There's really like a year and a half stretch where there's a 4 star match every other week.

https://twitter.com/FinnBalor/status/774341447436922880

This goober was once the World Champion. My wife and I both refer to AJ Styles as a goober (I can't define the term but AJ fits), but this dude is equally goobery. Has Finn ever wrestled AJ Styles? They're on different brands but I feel like I'd like to see that Goober-off at WrestleMania.

I don't know what a goober is, but AJ & Finn >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> useless twat Dean Ambrose

Angry Grimace

Or because she's charismatic and appeals perfectly to kids?

She has the same appeal and charisma as Bayley does. They both can be very very huge for the WWE but time will tell.

I will be surprised if they don't have Bayley and Sasha headline a Raw PPV in the next year. They're both over enough to work it and its nothing but positives for the company since unlike UFC or boxing, wrestling PPVs don't ride or die on the strength of the card.

I don't know what a goober is, but AJ & Finn >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> useless twat Dean Ambrose

I don't know what a goober is either, beyond the fact that both AJ Styles and Finn Balor qualify. It doesn't mean I don't like them. I expect AJ Styles to win the World title on Sunday.

Top Bottom