• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Fox318

Doesn't this Kendrick guy realize wrestling is fake?

6CrsOuF.gif

Are you serious friend?????

She already admitted to having terrible memory loss and she's only in her early 20s. The top part of her is ruined and now you want to work on the bottom part by thinking she can turn her heel and nothing will go wrong?? smh

what's gon be left?!

Are you getting the memory loss thing from this interview?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=207&v=YP2gztVQg-Q

Cause she sounded like she was joking around.

If she was fo'real about this it surprises me WWE didn't take any precautions, then again, Summerslam...

Also, it just sucks man. Been following Sasha's career for a while and she's a really good wrestler but A) Not winning the title at Mania and B) Losing it AT Summerslam after barely a month due to injury just plain straight sucks, talk about a big momentum loss there. I mean, did she even had a title defense at all?

Hi there, I'm new to the thread. Don't suplex me out of it, pls!

I really love the Review a Smackdown theme song.

It's Great.

Here's a shoot...I never liked the Review a Raw theme. Too jive turkey..I still don't know what that guy says at the beginning, "When Ryance?". "Hello to Tuesday" is corny and the guy singing proved he's a fluke by submitting a total Linkin Park dud for the Smackdown contest. Fucking Elmo bested that guy in both contests.

If she was fo'real about this it surprises me WWE didn't take any precautions, then again, Summerslam...

Also, it just sucks man. Been following Sasha's career for a while and she's a really good wrestler but A) Not winning the title at Mania and B) Losing it AT Summerslam after barely a month due to injury just plain straight sucks, talk about a big momentum loss there. I mean, did she even had a title defense at all?

Hi there, I'm new to the thread. Don't suplex me out of it, pls!
Welcome. What's your Fave Five, friend?

Wagram

Does anyone have issues with crowd/titantron audio being low on WWE Network with PS4? The volume levels seem so uneven.

I'm confysed. Kendrick is signed on as a trainer? So that's it for him then?
He was signed before hand. But as you see he's advertised for the division on Raw, I guess he has another contract as we speak.

After some speculation, word got here out this week that Alberto Del Rio gave observe and could no longer be returning to WWE. It’s been said that Del Rio become pissed off with the company’s lack of comply with-via on guarantees (most important occasion push) given to him when he back last summer season and that he gave notice 60 days in the past.According to new reports, Triple H stopped the push of Alberto Del Rio because he felt Del Rio partied too much, was a liability to the company and was also a bad influence on Paige.

Del Rio gave notice in late June, which was before his Wellness Violation suspension on August 17th. Del Rio is not expected to return to the company at all at this point and after the end of September he will be free to work anywhere in the US. He is reportedly able to work internationally immediately.

jred2k

When Raw ends that's when it's time to begin
It's on to Review-a-Raw with John Pollock and Wai
Ting the A-Team that makes sense of these things
We see in the ring every week on TV
Its Review-a-Raw, from Monday night
Download it Tuesday morning from the Fight Network site
It's Review-a-Raw, from Monday night
On USA, now on to John and Wai take the mic

Barrage

Metallik/Tozawa was excellent. Tozawa looked like a fucking star.

Ibushi/Kendrick was just spotpacked indie-trash. Burning Hammer,Sliced Bread...nothing meant anything. That ending could not have been more unearned.

I get it. I think for me the storytelling did work here because i believed that Kendrick was outmatched. I would put this on Kendrick himself. Early in the match, he was getting dominated. He then takes unconventional risks to get the upper hand, almost borderline heelish (neck snap to top turn buckle). From there he takes advantage of the pain to dish out his super moves to try and end it early. He couldn't out wrestle Kota so he needed to hit hard and fast. My only complaint was that it went on longer than it needed to.

I bought it.
Omg Groove me liked it did once!

"Originally, things were supposed to be huge. He was promised a main event push with Paul Heyman as his manager, with the idea of ending up as the big Hispanic superstar babyface the company has lacked since Rey Mysterio stopped working full-time. Early on, Vince McMahon treated him so well that the two would fly together and even sat next to each other on some trips on the company jet. But his pairing with Zeb Colter, a McMahon idea, was a mismatch for a number of reasons. When that pairing didn’t work, McMahon moved on to his next toy, so to speak. His next run as part of the League of Nations was no better and he was just a guy on the card, even though he had a top main eventer contract. He had been openly leading the crowd in “Si, Si, Si” cheers in working to make himself a babyface, but no angle to follow up was ever shot."
Meltzer

Smh

Pikma

Banned
American Alpha have been complete nothings since moving to SD.
I will never get tired of saying it

The Revival > American Alpha

Even though they are great in the ring these guys are still green, they need to be given some sort of direction, they clearly can't get over just by themselves

Auto correct imo

What did you think of it, Blu?
You can never go wrong with BK but kicking out of a Burning Hammer!? Fuck that, that legit brought out the mark in me. I'm sad that he won't be in the tournament anymore but I'm glad he'll be in Raw. Imo be deserves more than just that division.

Raw64life

Jesus Chris I'm going to rant again but I cannot stand fucking Daniel Bryan on commentary. His voice doesn't have the tonality it needs. When he gets into those high pitches I want to fucking die. His commentary is full blown "we want Sasha" beginning to end.

Right in his faaaaaaaace
Right on his neeeeeck
Woooooooooooooooow
The Boooooooooooooolly Chooooooooooke

Yea, he's pretty bad. I give him a pass though for having 0 commentary experience before this.

Meltzer

Smh

The League of Nations basically made Wade Barrett (a great loss) and Alberto (...meh...) leave the company, stalled Rusev's climb to become the best heel in the company and was the best thing to happen to Sheamus in quite some time, which says a lot about him recently.

And all for a failed attempt to put over Roman, pff.

The League of Nations basically made Wade Barrett (a great loss) and Alberto (...meh...) leave the company, stalled Rusev's climb to become the best heel in the company and was the best thing to happen to Sheamus in quite some time, which says a lot about him recently.

And all for a failed attempt to put over Roman, pff.
roman-reigns-fall-o.gif

I won't miss Al, his time in WWE was a cure for insomnia.

Eff reading the other nine pages, I read page one and what was on this one...

They did a good job with selling Kendrick's story. Ibushi's legs not holding down the guy's arms/shoulders off the power bomb bothers me even though it sells it more because he doesn't.

Yeah but MMA back then was also still mostly one dimensional "tough man" competitions.

IIRC before the dark days, Angle talked about how good Benoit was despite the lack of actual amateur wrestling experience.

KingBroly

Banned
Thinking back on it, Hunter and Steph are probably going to be in a heated angle over this Title match. Why? Because last weekend they got a puppy. Nothing says 'hey kids, don't worry about what's on TV, we got a cute puppy for you to play with.'

- Hunter's sore he lost to Reigns
- Got passed over for the Raw GM spot
- Betrayed Rollins, so to speak

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I'm pretty sporadic with my shitposting in the WrassleGAF threads but I never did a fav 5

1. Sami Zayn
2. Sami Zayn
AJ
3. Sami Zayn
Okada
4. Sami Zayn
Jericho
5. Sami Zayn
Alexa Bliss

Honorable Mention:

Literally fucking anybody but Becky

We need more people like you.

Friend?

Too sweet me brother!

Thinking back on it, Hunter and Steph are probably going to be in a heated angle over this Title match. Why? Because last weekend they got a puppy. Nothing says 'hey kids, don't worry about what's on TV, we got a cute puppy for you to play with.'

- Hunter's sore he lost to Reigns
- Got passed over for the Raw GM spot
- Betrayed Rollins, so to speak

You know which angle I'd like them to play? HHH protecting his NXT talent, I know Seth was there but for some reason the NXT brand isn't stuck with him as it is with K.O and some of the other guys (probably cause of The Shield). I'd love to see that.

"Owens was so convincing that there were people who believed they had swerved him on the finish, but this was not like Lesnar vs. Orton at all, and everyone involved knew what was up and were just good actors."

In other words, they didn't want Jericho to rip someone's fucking head off.

Holy shit is that the burning hammer? I thought it was banned!

I sound like such a mark right now.
I have to watch it again when I get home, it isn't sitting right with me. I'm trying my best not to assault DM for allowing that shit to happen.

Fox318

HHH must go out and tell the guys that if they don't try and kill themselves they don't really love the business.

Pikma

Banned
Man, dat Kendrick and Bryan moment at the end

I have no fucking idea why Vince doesn't like tournaments, with how lazy and stupid their writing team is I'd expect them to abuse them, I mean, these stories write themselves

rrc1594

Man, dat Kendrick and Bryan moment at the end

I have no fucking idea why Vince doesn't like tournament, with how lazy and stupid their writing team is I'd expect them to abuse them, I mean, these stories write themselves

When did this come out?

Lothar

Banned
Shootember is a hit. 1 day, 19 pages, Blue has 100+ posts already, and it wasn't even September yet.

We didn't even have a Raw or Smackdown or a PPV on and no big news stories.

Toki767

Shootember is a hit. 1 day, 19 pages, Blue has 100+ posts already, and it wasn't even September yet.

We didn't even have a Raw or Smackdown or a PPV on and no big news stories.

It's still not even September in parts of the world.

Top Bottom