• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Who's watching the Lion's Gate show in an hour? Looks like a good card;

Henare debuts vs Quiet Storm;

nmUtd1j.jpg

Honjo & Kawato face Ohara & Kenoh;

5Q5NF2Q.jpg

pnyq3ZY.jpg

NOAH's young heavyweight rookie Shiro Tomoyose faces Honma;

4JZEymP.jpg

Finlay vs K-Dojo's GO Asukawa;

9kvKNnl.jpg

Juice Robinson takes on another K-Dojo rookie, Ayato Yoshida;

8cnf7hu.jpg

Taguchi vs NOAH's senior rookie Hitoshi Kumano;

zDEgkAs.jpg

And a huge NJPW vs NOAH main event;

1NMQQed.jpg

Browny

Banned
CrPQAcsUkAA1Rh8.jpg:medium

in case you didn't peruse the variety of clips that came out of Triplemania.

Ah man, it's like Oscar season for the annual WrassleGaf awards. Going for that Carny Of The Year gong - gotta get in late otherwise people forget about you.

caught up to this week's Raw and Smackdown:

- holy shit kevin owens is champ. wowowowowow. IT'S LIT. beautiful. i hope to god that ending implies that he's not another authority dork and it was just triple h going rogue and acting unilaterally from the WWE. kevin owens better not be stephanie's boy now or something.

- all 4 were great in the ring. surprisingly Cass worked well too, i was shocked at how much of the crowd was behind him. enzo and cass are super over.

- dunno how far bayley will be pushed right now, like i wonder if she's just an interim contender until sasha banks heals up. her and new day is a pretty obvious fit though.

- paul heyman is a good speaker but holy shit that was such a shitty promo. 10 minutes of posturing to end with just an apology.

- smackdown was trash this week. freaking milk guy and kane was the highlight of the night. but oh my god...Naomi's entrance, perfection. those moves, those pants....

Dd6NSW6.gif

I turned on the CWC weeks ago, brother. That sterile WWE presentation, that insufferable Bryan commentary ("DID YOU SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE THAT?!?!"), it was just too much.

klonere

Banned
Holy shit David Finlay hit a great looking stunner and got the 3 with it at this Lion's Gate show.

Bold choice for a new finisher but it looked so good it might just work.

Hasney

of course people even turned on the CWC, smdh

I love it. My only regrets are that I need to re-watch this weeks because work was too busy to concentrate and I can't get the day after the live finals off work so I can't stay up and watch it.

Plus DB being the second best colour guy in WWE helps.

klonere

Banned
Byron Saxton and David Otunga still desperately trying to even claw their way close to being recognised as a parody.

Otunga and Saxton are just filterable noise that add nothing to the broadcast. Although Otunga does proffer the odd line that is bad enough to be distracting.

Bryan's constant state of awe at shit he's seen many times, his timbre, his vocal control, his timing, near everything comes across as totally insincere and unprofessional, even if that isn't the intended effect. He's like David Crockett without the earnestness.

klonere

Banned
Bryan is like a different person on Talking Smack, a much more compelling performer that I believe as a character. I kinda wish he was playing heel on CWC, so I could believe him there as well!

A legit Burning Hammer pulled off in a WWE ring.

Never thought (or particularly wanted) to see the day.

AND IT WASNT EVEN THE FINISHER. Jesus.

shaowebb

Ibushi is a bump taking machine. Dude's ability to get back up is a big part of why he is who he is today. I just can't wait for them to somehow make him go against Nakamura again so I can see shit like this again.

aNjDwf6.jpg

shaowebb

Imagine seff doing a burning hammer

No please. God no. Their head would come off. Dude and his whole ringwork is screwed up with his just hit it fast and with a lot of energy crossfit approach to everything. He doesn't play anything smart or secure first he just throws shit and everyone keeps getting injuries from him. Dude needs to calm down and secure his grip and aim more out there.

Seth Rollins needs to stop treating wrestling moves like crossfit exercises and learn some proper fucking form out there before he cripples someone.

Hasney

Otunga and Saxton are just filterable noise that add nothing to the broadcast. Although Otunga does proffer the odd line that is bad enough to be distracting.

Bryan's constant state of awe at shit he's seen many times, his timbre, his vocal control, his timing, near everything comes across as totally insincere and unprofessional, even if that isn't the intended effect. He's like David Crockett without the earnestness.

Yeah, I get some of that, but I feel like his enthusiasm makes up for it. Most of it is him being thrown there with no training or anything, so he's sounding like what a colour guy should sound like in his head.

I just can't get Otungas creepy smile out of my head...

UR3FSGd.gif

Recall

of course people even turned on the CWC, smdh

The moment anything good happens it's stated it was done "wrong" and that something else should have happened.

Everyone else knows best, it's like that annoying friend who must one up everything you've done. It's arrogant and insecure.

CWC is exceptional fun.

Aiii

So not worth it
Yeah, I get some of that, but I feel like his enthusiasm makes up for it. Most of it is him being thrown there with no training or anything, so he's sounding like what a colour guy should sound like in his head.

UR3FSGd.gif

tumblr_n5sbriqe2Y1r1eqygo3_250.gif

thefro

So Haku's on the Ric Flair Show podcast talking about beating people up.

Just told this story from Puerto Rico.

- He's out with the promoter's son (David) at a bar. David's with a girl he met there and having fun. Some random dude comes in with a posse and starts french kissing the girl and Haku's like "hey why are you doing that! My friend's having a good time with her, that's his girl, he's been buying her drinks" and the dude's like "She's my girl! Are you going to do something about it!"
- Haku slaps the guy, then Tongan death grips him and throws him through a 2nd story window (he lands on a sofa downstairs)
- All the guy's buddies try to fight them and Haku is fending them all off as they try to escape the bar in the hallway and going down the stairs. The bar owner is screaming at him "Why are you fighting my best customers?"
- They finally get outside and there's a bunch of Puerto Rican bikers there and Haku mistakes one of them for the people chasing them and clocks the biker. So now all the bikers are fighting with Haku too.
- A cop shows up and tries to arrest them and Haku clocks him and KOs him
- A bunch of other cops and tons of police cars show up and one of them points a shotgun at Haku's face, so he finally surrenders at this point
- He gets a rough ride in back of the van from the cops, while he's banging on the van on the inside screaming that he's going to kill the two policemen driving the van.
- Ends up never going back to Puerto Rico for the end of the trial

klonere

Banned

I feel like poor Otunga has been thrown out there months before he's actually ready for a position like that.

The moment anything good happens it's stated it was done "wrong" and that something else should have happened.

Everyone else knows best, it's like that annoying friend who must one up everything you've done. It's arrogant and insecure.

CWC is exceptional fun.

I apologize for not liking a match. I will never do it again.

Hasney

I feel like poor Otunga has been thrown out there months before he's actually ready for a position like that.

Yeah, I had heard he would be going to NXT to replace Graves. I mean, thankfully we still have Corey on double-duty, but probably would have been best for him to learn there.

Aiii

So not worth it
So Haku's on the Ric Flair Show podcast talking about beating people up.

Just told this story from Puerto Rico.

- He's out with the promoter's son (David) at a bar. David's with a girl he met there and having fun. Some random dude comes in with a posse and starts french kissing the girl and Haku's like "hey why are you doing that! My friend's having a good time with her, that's his girl, he's been buying her drinks" and the dude's like "She's my girl! Are you going to do something about it!"
- Haku slaps the guy, then Tongan death grips him and throws him through a 2nd story window (he lands on a sofa downstairs)
- All the guy's buddies try to fight them and Haku is fending them all off as they try to escape the bar in the hallway and going down the stairs. The bar owner is screaming at him "Why are you fighting my best customers?"
- They finally get outside and there's a bunch of Puerto Rican bikers there and Haku mistakes one of them for the people chasing them and clocks the biker. So now all the bikers are fighting with Haku too.
- A cop shows up and tries to arrest them and Haku clocks him and KOs him
- A bunch of other cops and tons of police cars show up and one of them points a shotgun at Haku's face, so he finally surrenders at this point
- He gets a rough ride in back of the van from the cops, while he's banging on the van on the inside screaming that he's going to kill the two policemen driving the van.
- Ends up never going back to Puerto Rico for the end of the trial

I am sure all of this is exactly how this happened and nothing about it is untrue.

Top Bottom