• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Alucard

Banned
Huh. Impact introduced a Grand Championship that is won and defended in a 3-minute 3-round system that can "go to the judges" if it doesn't end in pinfall or submission beforehand. Interesting at least.

As long as they dont start firing back
1801%20-%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20microphone%20the_miz%20wwe%20wwe_championship.gif

Bryan is gonna snap soon

giphy.gif

For all that we've seen out of the women now, I think the thing I'm really waiting for is for Ember Moon to beat Asuka and send her to the main roster. Asuka is just so counter to everything WWE has done with women, even in recent history, and she's the best in the ring by a large margin. I think how they handle her on the main roster, good or bad, will be fascinating to see.
I'd like Asuka to come up to the roster undefeated. Like she just gives up the NXT Women's Championship for a tournament because she's beaten everyone there already. But they seem to be making Ember Moon to be the one who takes her down. Which is fine, but it's always an issue when a character built on being undefeated inevitably loses because it could be either great or awful.

Alucard

Banned
For all that we've seen out of the women now, I think the thing I'm really waiting for is for Ember Moon to beat Asuka and send her to the main roster. Asuka is just so counter to everything WWE has done with women, even in recent history, and she's the best in the ring by a large margin. I think how they handle her on the main roster, good or bad, will be fascinating to see.

I've been waiting for "the revolution" since Paige got to the main roster and we all had high hopes for her and AJ carrying the division. Still waiting for it to really take off, though I do think it's gotten better the past couple of months.

I like Asuka's angle but I think it's unfair to call her the best in the ring when he matches have fell short of the big four horsewomen matches. I think she'd play a better role after the division manage to establish themselves, then she can show up and turn them on their heads.

Man, is there anything worse than Right to Censor's entrance theme?

Cesaro's? At least RtC's gimmick explained why it was shit.

Miz did his finisher right on top of the Connor's Cure logo on the ground. I can't tell if it would be good or not for the Bryan feud if it was intentional or just tasteless if so.

ReiGun

I keep telling y'all: Bliss is next up. Just waiting for everything to really "click" for her.

I'd like Asuka to come up to the roster undefeated. Like she just gives up the NXT Women's Championship for a tournament because she's beaten everyone there already. But they seem to be making Ember Moon to be the one who takes her down. Which is fine, but it's always an issue when a character built on being undefeated inevitably loses because it could be either great or awful.
I'd want Asuka to come up undefeated if only because it would really add to the story for the inevitable Asuka v Bayley 3.

But then, Bayley's on Raw and I want Asuka on Smackdown.

I've been waiting for "the revolution" since Paige got to the main roster and we all had high hopes for her and AJ carrying the division. Still waiting for it to really take off, though I do think it's gotten better the past couple of months.

I think that it's massively, undeniably better than it was even two years ago. Like night and day in terms of how the women are presented. And I think as the main roster fills out with more women who are presented as legit from the start, the better it will get. Women like Natayla, Naomi and even Nikki still have the "Diva" stink on them in the eyes of the crowd IMO.

I like Asuka's angle but I think it's unfair to call her the best in the ring when he matches have fell short of the big four horsewomen matches. I think she'd play a better role after the division manage to establish themselves, then she can show up and turn them on their heads.

I think it's unfair to criticize her too much considering she only got to work with Bayley, and even with their styles not meshing they still had a really good match at Brooklyn. I think her working with someone like Becky or someone who can create motion like Sasha or Charlotte will make for some really amazing stuff. It's another reason I'm looking forward to her and Ember.

I'd want Asuka to come up undefeated if only because it would really add to the story for the inevitable Asuka v Bayley 3.

But then, Bayley's on Raw and I want Asuka on Smackdown.
Asuka vs Bayley for the third time better be just an Asuka squash match. If only Brooklyn wasn't Bayley's send-off, we could have got it!

Ithil

Cesaro's? At least RtC's gimmick explained why it was shit.

Asuka is on a whole other level compared to the four horsewomen in the ring, simply from a vastly different culture of wrestling and training. Becky is the best of those four in the ring and Asuka is certainly a better wrestler than her.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Corbin is the first person to appear on Talking Smack not to come off better than they do on the main show,

Corbin is the kind of guy who needs a script, he's dying right now.

To be fair, Bryan was feeding him shit to work off of. He was leaning into him about winning instead of just beating people up but Corbin won his matches... Lead to Corbin having to talk in circles. His actual cadence and the point he was trying to make was mostly fine.

Why would she not come up? That's ridiculous.

Her original contract was an NXT-only deal, as was Joe's. We know for a fact that Joe's deal has changed, nothing is confirmed or denied with Asuka, but it's pretty safe to assume if it changed with Joe it changed with her as well considering her spot.

I think it was rumored once she signed a deal or something that said she would only wrestle in NXT.

Joe did as well, and that has been confirmed to have changed along the way.

But it's one of the few things I just cannot stand. I have to fast-forward when it's on. That's probably not a good thing. It's, like, the Stephanie McMahon of themes.
I mean it's definitely ear cancer but that's exactly the point. One of my favorite stables ever. Just pure hate.

Ithil

I think it was rumored once she signed a deal or something that said she would only wrestle in NXT.

Maybe when she was signed that was their idea, but they aren't leaving a wrestler of her caliber in NXT when they have two split women's rosters and zero depth. Same with Joe, there is no way he's staying down there for good.

somedevil

Maybe when she was signed that was their idea, but they aren't leaving a wrestler of her caliber in NXT when they have two split women's rosters and zero depth. Same with Joe, there is no way he's staying down there for good.

Joe looks like he is done on NXT after Survivor Series. Asuka my guess will be after Wrestlemania.

Zach

I was under the impression that Kronic was spelled KroniK and they were just misspelling it early in their run (classic WCW), but it's been a while now and they're still spelling it Kronic.

So I guess it's Kronic.

Top Bottom