• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Got around to SmackDown:

Decent show. You can bitch a lot about Triple Threat Era, but Cena/Ambrose/Styles is a lot of star power. I can see why they went with it - you keep the big names at the top of the card until you figure out who else is going to jump in after Dean and Cena exit the picture (I would be very surprised if AJ dropped the title). I can only assume the idea is to get to Randy Orton - AJ Styles.

Swagger/Corbin sounds like Darren Young/Titus O'Neil level. I mean, think about this: Baron Corbin has to carry the feud on the mic.

Fox318

Ellsworth should get a shocking debut at the royal rumble and eliminate 2 people.

Left in the ring alone and he starts celebrating saying to bring it on.

Then Kane or another heel comes out and throws him out of the ring after throwing him around.

Maybe have Brock do it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Daniel Bryan is kind of a dick as GM, which makes it kind of weird that he's presented as the babyiest of babyfaces.

Where's the NWA belt anyway? I'm sure Angle could wrap that up in a high school gym this weekend...

Jax Dane won it from fucking Tenzan in NWA Branded Outlaw Wrestling and has held it over a year 😂

6bagccql.jpg

I'm going to go all AJ Styles on WRASSLE GAF now.

When I honour you with my fleeting presence you should listen to the shit I say, because I fucking know what I'm talking about. This should be well established by now.

I'm not surprised Smackdown is the better show. Because I called it.

I'm not surprised Owens is on top. Because I called it.

I'm not surprised people finally acknowledge that the Miz and Cena are great wrestlers. I've always liked the Miz. I was defending Cena's in ring ability long before it was cool.

I'm not surprised the Ascension fell on their faces on the main roster. I always knew they were trash.

I wasn't surprised when Daniel Bryan ended up on top of the world in 2014. Because oh look, I fucking called it.

So understand, that I really mean it, and you should really listen to me when I say JACK SWAGGER IS FUCKING GARBAGE.

Whether you take away from this, that I put WAY too much effort into this post or that I know my shit, know that I had a great time reading old wrassle gaf threads. It's actually kind of fun typing in my name and specific wrestlers to see what we were all saying about them over the years.

When I honour you with my fleeting presence you should listen to the shit I say, because I fucking know what I'm talking about. This should be well established by now.

I'm not surprised people finally acknowledge that the Miz and Cena are great wrestlers. I've always liked the Miz. I was defending Cena's in ring ability long before it was cool.

I'm not surprised the Ascension fell on their faces on the main roster. I always knew they were trash.

I wasn't surprised when Daniel Bryan ended up on top of the world in 2014. Because oh look, I fucking called it.

So understand, that I really mean it, and you should really listen to me when I say JACK SWAGGER IS FUCKING GARBAGE.

Whether you take away from this, that I put WAY too much effort into this post or that I know my shit, know that I had a great time reading old wrassle gaf threads. It's actually kind of fun typing in my name and specific wrestlers to see what we were all saying about them over the years.
Shut the hell up Plagiarize

Mahonay

Banned
Daniel Bryan is kind of a dick as GM, which makes it kind of weird that he's presented as the babyiest of babyfaces.
It wouldn't make any sense if he didn't act at all bitter about not being able to wrestle, and was just all smiles. Both as a character and real life personality. I like it, it makes him a believable on screen character.

shanafan

So, since apparently WWE hands out title shots by just going to the ring to confront the champion, I think R-Truth should come when Owens is in the ring, and just say he wants a title shot. Or anyone else for that matter. Why have Money in the Bank matches when just going down to the ring, and say "Yo, I want that." gives you the title shot??

Mahonay

Banned
So, since apparently WWE hands out title shots by just going to the ring to confront the champion, I think R-Truth should come when Owens is in the ring, and just say he wants a title shot. Or anyone else for that matter. Why have Money in the Bank matches when just going down to the ring, and say "Yo, I want that." gives you the title shot??
I agree. It's dumb.

Zach

Man, I've posted a lot this month. My goal is to end up with 1,004 posts.

Hopefully Bluekaveli has the same goal. >_>

Has this mentality of earning shots ever mattered? I wouldn't be surprised if Stone Cold & The Rock did the same kinds of promos Cena did last night.

We should just cut the crap, in kayfabe of course GM's hand out title shots easier to guys like Reigns and Cena, they're huge names and they want them headlining their shows.

How am I supposed to believe you aren't just stealing those posts without proper citation?

Toki767

Has this mentality of earning shots ever mattered? I wouldn't be surprised if Stone Cold & The Rock did the same kinds of promos Cena did last night.

We should just cut the crap, in kayfabe of course GM's hand out title shots easier to guys like Reigns and Cena, they're huge names and they want them headlining their shows.

But then you have The Ascension just come down and demand a tag team title shot and Shane just gives it to them also.

I look forward to plagiarize's follow-up post on things he got wrong.

Here is my oldest post about Daniel Bryan:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=36590142&highlight=bryan#post36590142

it was awesome watching Bryan Danielson do his thing in ROH... but you have to recognise that you can't wrestle like that for as long as you can wrestle in the WWE style. i'm glad Bryan got into the WWE and can now have a long career. he earned it in gyms up and down the country.

:(

Why didn't you change style Bryan?

Fantomex

But what are your thoughts on Dean Ambrose?

Don't worry. I'll never be seen or heard from again after WCW dies in a month or three.
Oh, you'll be back when you realize 2003 Raw is basically Nitro. The top faces progress in literally this order: Steiner -> Booker T -> Kevin Nash -> Goldberg.

And you've even got Eazy E on the show all the damn time.

Angry Grimace

Alexa v. Becky at No Mercy? My wife is gonna be all up in my face on that since she calls Alexa "[my] NXT girlfriend" and Becky "[my] girlfriend."

shanafan

https://twitter.com/RealPaigeWWE/status/776121992370069504

So basically Paige was unable to turn her drug test in on time hence why she was suspended and she isn't going anywhere.

Isn't a little strange on her part to not perform something on time? You are employed by the WWE, which is a dream for a lot of independent wrestlers out there. Yet, you forgot/late in doing something? Seems a little odd. If I had a dream job like WWE, be damn sure I do my homework on time.

Hasney

No one was saying Miz is a great wrestler.

Ever.

Isn't a little strange on her part to not perform something on time? You are employed by the WWE, which is a dream for a lot of independent wrestlers out there. Yet, you forgot/late in doing something? Seems a little odd. If I had a dream job like WWE, be damn sure I do my homework on time.

Albertos cock is clearly addictive. Kept her in bed late.

I'd like to say that I've come around on Kane compared to my posts in the past. And for that, I'd like to thank...SWEENEY TOM

*hits Nocturnowl with a chair*

#HeelBeef

Not exactly uncommon. I'm pretty sure this is what happened to Hornswoggle. He couldn't pee or something on time and got done for it. Eva had a sort similar case where she didn't turn her paperwork in on time to prove she could take Adderall.

God bless. You have my sword.

What is your take on Eva Marie and Dana Brooke? Be careful how you answer; my sword can easily strike from behind.

On Dana last year...

Dana Brook... I'm sure I'm going to get a lot of hate for this, but she seems to be coming along pretty quickly and I think she's going to be there or there abouts in short time. But she needs to drop that stupid promo voice. And like, look at a camera. Or at least the person interviewing her. But she's getting better at that too.

On Eva two years ago

Eva... she just has this whole dangerous vibe about her. Yeah, she's hot, but not in a safe way.

I can't really explain it. She does nothing for me.

Aiii

So not worth it
Now that there is this thing called Alexa Quinn, can we please get Joker Sting as Smackdown GM?!

I will halt my wrestling hiatus for this.

Top Bottom