• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Everyone! Shut the hell up! Damnit!

9MXReZn.gif

Take a 10 from watching Sable era vids Blue.

Seriously though, isn't it great having a good chunk of quality wrestling to watch? I mean it's almost at the point where it's inconvenient. RAW is still the weak link, but it's the KO show. Smackdown is good to great, but when you stir in Talking Smack it puts it over the top. Backlash was probably the best minor WWE, gimmick free PPVs in fucking ages. Years maybe. CWC finals tonight, and that show has just been a revelation.

My wife got back into wrestling properly for the first time since Crispin fucked it all up for her (he'd been her favorite wrestler).

She planned out last night and tonight around wrestling to make sure we'd be home to watch it live.

I've been optimistic about the direction of things since I started watching again when the network launched, but even so... WWE feels... fresh right now? Fresh!

If the rumours about the cruiserweights getting hour one of RAW is true... RAW could soon be joining the party.

Even TNA seems to be getting it's shit together somehow.

Toki767

It's a random Wednesday in the middle of September.

And there are 4 HOURS of new wrestling content to watch tonight.

Just some food for thought.

Zach

WrassleGAF Power Rankings | Sept. 14, 2016

1. BlackFlip
2. KingBroly
3. FlammableD
4. Toki767
5. The Strokes
6. Heroman
7. Kaladin
8. imbask
9. Sibersk Esto
10. Sweeney Tom
11. cordy
12. sf2fanatic
13. DMczaf
14. bjork
15. Mahonay
16. Data West
17. OwensIsNow
18. SomewhatGravy
19. Fox318
20. Sephzilla
21. slightconfuse
22. Biggest-Geek-Ever
23. BewareTheBatsie
24. Zach
25. Snowman Prophet of Doom

Dropped from the rankings: NeoGAF Vince McMahon, klonere

Plagiarize, what were your early impressions on Roman "Da Big Dawg" Reigns?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=126101192&highlight=roman#post126101192

Pushed as a singles guy when he wasn't ready, but showed steady improvement all along *was* ready by WrestleMania, but his push was too fucked up by then to be salvaged.

Roman is good. I'll happily defend him. The push... was the wrong call. Just like they have done with a lot of people, they got too excited about the real potential they saw and put someone out there too soon. Hopefully they can salvage things, but they need to keep him away from being pushed again until the crowd want it, or until he's a heel and has main event heel levels of heat.

1. BlackFlip
2. KingBroly
3. FlammableD
4. Toki767
5. The Strokes
6. Heroman
7. Kaladin
8. imbask
9. Sibersk Esto
10. Sweeney Tom
11. cordy
12. sf2fanatic
13. DMczaf
14. bjork
15. Mahonay
16. Data West
17. OwensIsNow
18. SomewhatGravy
19. Fox318
20. Sephzilla
21. slightconfuse
22. Biggest-Geek-Ever
23. BewareTheBatsie
24. Zach

22?!? WHY MEEEEEEE!!!!

1. BlackFlip
2. KingBroly
3. FlammableD
4. Toki767
5. The Strokes
6. Heroman
7. Kaladin
8. imbask
9. Sibersk Esto
10. Sweeney Tom
11. cordy
12. sf2fanatic
13. DMczaf
14. bjork
15. Mahonay
16. Data West
17. OwensIsNow
18. SomewhatGravy
19. Fox318
20. Sephzilla
21. slightconfuse
22. Biggest-Geek-Ever
23. BewareTheBatsie
24. Zach

This is because I said Bayley no-sold some moves that one time, isn't it?

But I made the list this time so...time to party!

tumblr_inline_n5e6trvZUv1qm6acw.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Those promos are hot garbage. He will be a mid card jobber this time next year if he's even still making TV.

Like his former tag team partner. AKA someone else I always had a handle on.

He's gonna be in the same place Jinder Mahal is, e.g. getting wins over people who need a storyline reason to leave the program.

bjork

Go to look at this car and it's pretty clean. Drives well, which was a given for me since it's so similar to my last. But I don't know if I feel okay buying from this dude, and his price came in about $600 more than I was shooting for, and $1100 more than my initial offer. So I didn't buy a car.

Meanwhile, I got an email from my insurance lady and apparently my car was worth somewhere in the neighborhood of $4000-4500, so my payout will be at least $3000. That puts me into a potentially nicer vehicle, but she won't answer the phone to tell me how to get my scratch.

It's been a long day. At least Queen Alexa went over, so there's that.

Do you still feel that way?

Of course not. I mean, at the time it seemed like a sensible argument, but that was before he really started coasting.

His promo work lately has been on point (as in, like the last few weeks) but he still isn't giving it his all in the ring, and his matches have all been the same. And I hate the wacky line. I hate it so much. I've been hating on it for a good while... but then who hasn't.

It's like when you watch a few Uso's matches and you're like... why do people hate these guys? They're great. Then a year later you're bored because they always do the same exact match. The heel turn has been solid so far, but I need to see more than a couple of weeks before I make the mistake of giving them props again.

There's a good list of people I'd say are better than Dean Ambrose who debuted since DB.

If Dean puts the same fire into his matches as he's put back into his promos lately, I think he could be right back up there in the conversation. But... yeah. I've really soured on him since then.

RBH

1. BlackFlip
2. KingBroly
3. FlammableD
4. Toki767
5. The Strokes
6. Heroman
7. Kaladin
8. imbask
9. Sibersk Esto
10. Sweeney Tom
11. cordy
12. sf2fanatic
13. DMczaf
14. bjork
15. Mahonay
16. Data West
17. OwensIsNow
18. SomewhatGravy
19. Fox318
20. Sephzilla
21. slightconfuse
22. Biggest-Geek-Ever
23. BewareTheBatsie
24. Zach

3hfail.gif

Fantomex

The Definitive WrassleGAF Power Rankings

World Heavyweight Champion
Chamber

Universal Heavyweight Champion
Bluekavelli

Intercontinental Champion
Cagey

United States Champion
Zach

European Champion
Sephzilla

Television Champion
Fox318

Hardcore Champion
Vince McMahon

NWA Heavyweight Champion
Data West

Money In The Bank
Fantomex

Smoky Mountain Wrestling Champion
RBH

This is how rankings should be done on WrassleGaf Maggle.

Top Bottom