• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Striker

Create a Video was technically in the game before (using it for your titantron) but it wasn't so much customized with what moves you decided to use or anything; it was taken out though for whatever reason.

I don't know if they could capture the action of the CWC with the current video game engine.
They definitely don't with the slower sim speed 2k uses. Unless you feel the canned animations of OMG moves count.

and the finale ends with "HOGAN!!! HOGAN!!!!"
Vince would cream himself
I could easily see a different kind of tournament each year. Do a heavyweight tournament, a tag team tournament, a women's tournament and then a cruiserweight tournament.
I think a women's tournament you could do every year right along with a cwc. I didn't really get to see the tag tournament, it didn't pop to be. But the Heavyweight tournament, I'd invest in but I want big! Guys. I mean guys that Holly joked any during the super heavyweight gimmick. Imagine the smash mouth hard hitting matches we'd get.

klonere

Banned
Won't work in 2016. With everyone hanging out and being bros on instagram and Charlotte crying for Becky and all this social media killing kayfabe, they need to change the story system.

"Your tumblr is ass, how dare you post a gif of [thing]" then they fight.

hashtag on a pole match

etc

And despite all that Charlotte got huge boos at the last NXT show she appeared in the crowd for!

New Kayfabe is 100% possible and doable. People want to believe.

Paige was with Del Rio at the press conference but never spoke. At one point this past week she did quit WWE, but there were talks afterwards of attempting to mend fences and at press time things had been settled and she was scheduled to return, perhaps as early as the 9/19 Raw in Memphis, which would be after her 30 day suspension expired. In actuality, her return depends on her various injuries and there is no date scheduled as of yet, but that would be the earliest date possible. It was a touchy situation since a decision was almost made to fire Paige several weeks ago, to the point I was alerted about a firing to come on deadline, which was to be her, but at that point there was a change of heart. That was back during the week where several people had been let go and before the announcement of her Wellness policy failure. She had gotten legal representation this past week.

Mahonay

Banned
And despite all that Charlotte got huge boos at the last NXT show she appeared in the crowd for!

aNempRm.jpg

No way in hell was Miz vs Ziggler just a quarter star above the finals of the tag-team tournament. And the woman's match, while not perfect, at the very least was three stars.

Poor Kalisto, he's on the wrong damn show :( I really hope they start doing something with him on Smackdown.

https://twitter.com/KalistoWWE/status/776255103502352384
I think he's out with an injury. He was scheduled for Summerslam against Corbin I believe since they had been teasing that with the weird Michael Cole Heidenreich-like segments.

Charlotte could be a great heel at keeping Kayfabe if she wasn't posting pictures with Becky every five minutes.

Tom Nook

With the CW in RAW now, let's hope the CW don't get involve with the main RAW rosters.

Keep that division by itself and away from RAW storylines (No Seth or KO wanted to be the ultimate heel and decides to go after the CW belt too)

Don't have matches where the CW be involved in Tag Matches just to elevate lower card tag teams (Shining Stars vs Cedric/Dar)

No "who's the heel/face?" in that division, let them have good matches. Let the audience decide who they like or not.

Maybe a ranking system on who is #1 contender. Wins and Loses matter.

TJP vs Metalik rematch at Clash of Champions being the first official title match.

No way in hell was Miz vs Ziggler just a quarter star above the finals of the tag-team tournament. And the woman's match, while not perfect, at the very least was three stars.

I think he's out with an injury. He was scheduled for Summerslam against Corbin I believe since they had been teasing that with the weird Michael Cole Heidenreich-like segments.

Charlotte could be a great heel at keeping Kayfabe if she wasn't posting pictures with Becky every five minutes.
Now you see why I think his grading is overrated.

Fox318

Large image dump incoming:

Holy shit. The Cruiserweight Classic Finale was one of if not the best night of live wrestling I have ever experienced. This show started at 10, turned it to 11, 12 and stayed in that range all night. Even the tag match which was total filler kept up the pace. These guys knew the spot they had and it was amazing. I don't even know if I could pick a favorite match of the night, it was all crazy.

Here's some of my pictures from the show:

Waiting for the show to start:

14332954_10101834351492163_8278133849721930456_n.jpg

The trophy:

14316992_10101834355299533_790833168463933621_n.jpg

Match #1 : Gran Metalik vs Zack Sabre Jr.

14364686_10101834450892963_238599396649105385_n.jpg

Gran Metalik wins!

14344138_10101834471910843_3723593034501150430_n.jpg

Keeping it going with Ibushi vs TJ Perkins

14332950_10101834483163293_3354235908528316914_n.jpg

My sole attempt at an action shot, Ibushi flies!

14364771_10101834492369843_4345099979427901005_n.jpg

TJP advances!

14355558_10101834529625183_8086853640703550483_n.jpg

Ciampa and Gargano vs Dar and Alexander

14354918_10101834553282773_62635179165395351_n.jpg

Gargano and Ciampa with the win

14317605_10101834563148003_3981476903891603579_n.jpg

And now for the finals....TJP vs Gran Metalik

14368900_10101834577589063_5115863864397357998_n.jpg

A wild Triple H appears! He's apparently a babyface authority figure here.

14364917_10101834579185863_7137685735000882072_n.jpg

and this match is now to crown the first new Cruiserweight Champion!

14316867_10101834581990243_3527940283651796332_n.jpg

and your winnner....TJP!

14322587_10101834608462193_6510769819745049002_n.jpg

14322674_10101834613013073_635779254670832048_n.jpg

14264026_10101834613097903_428300289640497993_n.jpg

I'll admit, I was rooting for Sabre because I love the technical style, but TJP was the right choice here. The biggest story of the night IMO, is TJP winning over this crowd. He was boo'd heavily at the start of the night because he won over Swann and Gargano, but he was cheered by the end of it. It was an amazing night to experience live.
man you were right in the hard cam shot

sounds like a blast

klonere

Banned
Swap for Swagger?

I can't believe you want to sabotage the best show like this

Charlotte is probably the 2nd best heel on the roster at getting legit heat, behind The Miz so these pictures she posts clearly aren't affecting people's reaction to her as a performer.

Let me put that another way: Charlotte is getting Dana Brooke over. As a face. I don't think Instagram is slowing her down.

bjork

That's got more to do with it being charlotte

charlotte is eva marie but with a famous dad

I can't believe you want to sabotage the best show like this

Charlotte is probably the 2nd best heel on the roster at getting legit heat, behind The Miz so these pictures she posts clearly aren't affecting people's reaction to her as a performer.

Let me put that another way: Charlotte is getting Dana Brooke over. As a face. I don't think Instagram is slowing her down.
Swaggy is already on sd. Where he deserves to be.

klonere

Banned
That's got more to do with it being charlotte

charlotte is eva marie but with a famous dad

bjork I like you a lot bud but this is the most wrong thing you've said ever. Even everything about Nash.

I dunno what reports you are reading that puts her in that light.

Oh yeah, I wasn't knocking her for it, just pointing it out. I consider Charlotte to be the most improved overall wrestler of the entire year. The night after 'Mania she struggled horrendously with Bayley chants, and right now she's arguably outclassing Bayley and Sasha on the mic and has certainly improved more this year compared to those two.

She's been great as the heel everyone despises. It's nice to see her come into her own type of heel and not a generic Flair clone. Dana getting a yes chant for slapping her is kind of amazing.

Kaladin

I don't know how well it came across on the live broadcast, but IMO, the biggest story of the night was TJP winning the crowd over. He got Roman Reigns level boos at the start of the night, but by the end he was being universally cheered as the champ. It was kind of awesome to see that change in the crowd as it happened.

bjork

bjork I like you a lot bud but this is the most wrong thing you've said ever. Even everything about Nash.

I dunno what reports you are reading that puts her in that light.

I mean as far as being some heat magnet. She's not some brilliant psychologist, she's just unlikeable compared to any other woman on the roster.

Mahonay

Banned
I don't know how well it came across on the live broadcast, but IMO, the biggest story of the night was TJP winning the crowd over. He got Roman Reigns level boos at the start of the night, but by the end he was being universally cheered as the champ. It was kind of awesome to see that change in the crowd as it happened.
I was noticeable. The boos were super fucking annoying, along with the non-stop attempts to start random chants. I was happy to see TJP get some love at the end.

klonere

Banned
I mean as far as being some heat magnet. She's not some brilliant psychologist, she's just unlikeable compared to any other woman on the roster.

I dunno even where to start with this. Like, Charlotte is involved in genuinely great matches for a start. She does athletic and impressive stuff and maintains heat. She's been flying solo without Ric for sometime now and only being getting better. She's getting a super green performer over on the back of her performance. She's been focus on the Women's division since coming up and it's been pretty good all things considered.

The Eva Marie comparison is so off base and terrible. It's lazy.

klonere

Banned
I didn't say she wasn't athletic. This isn't hard.

You compared her to Eva fucking Marie who's defining characteristic is being perhaps the most unathletic, uncoordinated person on the entire roster. Her whole character is based around sucking at her job!

So. Been over 12 hours

Where are the people swearing for weeks/months Ibushi was signed and all those interviews were lies? The receipts are all around us.

She's good at a lot of things, but she needs more acting lessons. She's a good heel, but she comes across very wooden sometimes. Like the only emotion she knows is cocky.
Happens with most of them. Sasha, who depending on the week will either turn into crying babyface or arrogant tweener who-uh is starting to talk like the game-uh. And poor Bayley has regressed into mentally being five years old so far on the main roster, killing her character development.

P.S: Sweet CWC pics, man, glad to hear you had a good time.

Strax

The Undertaker, Brock Lesnar, Bill Goldberg and Sting are believed to have expressed their desire to return to WWE, just days after the former WCW and WWE champion Goldberg hinted at his possible comeback in an interview. Goldberg's last match was against The Beast Incarnate at WrestleMania 20 in 2004.

Rumour mills were in over drive about Goldberg squaring off against the Next Big Thing at WrestleMania 33, which is scheduled to be held on 2 April 2017. Further, reports suggest that the four former WWE superstars might just go against each other in a four-way match at the event.

According to HealthAim, Goldberg and Sting have said they are willing to return to square off against the Deadman, who had sparked rumours about his return to WWE when he was pictured with Shane McMahon at a bar on 15 August in Texas. The Undertaker's last fight was against Shane in a Hell In A Cell match at WrestleMania 32 in April.

When wrestlers were picked during the historic brand split earlier this year, The Undertaker was one of the biggest names to be left out. The WWE icon was named one of the top 10 free agents in the market that Raw and SmackDown Live could battle for in the near future. HealthAim has now reported that the organisers are in contact with former wrestlers to fill both Raw and SmackDown rosters in 2017.

Sting recently revealed in an episode of Legends with JBL that he has unfinished business with The Undertaker.

"That's the unfinished business — I've always wanted to have that match, and I know that wrestling fans have always wanted to see it too," Sting said. The wrestler had announced his retirement after he suffered a severe injury at the Night of Champions in 2015. Subsequently, there were reports that said that Sting had been rejecting undergoing a surgery as he believes it could end his career. However, the former wrestler has said that he would undergo an operation only after he settles his score with the man from the grave.

Previously, Goldberg had hinted at his interest to fight Lesnar in an interview. "Over the 11th when the video game comes out I'll be kicking everybody's ass on the roster for sure but you look at me I'm 49 years old man leave it to the young guys to go out there and do their thing I mean more imagine here and more hanging out with Simon and trying to just continually stay in shape," the wrestler had said in an interview.

"No matter how old I am and you never say never but I mean it's getting close to that clock kind of stopping on me but I mean you know you never seen we need one more in may. Man, I still can do it at 49. Brock, you're next," Goldberg said as he ripped a shirt with Lesnar's name on it

Undertaker, Brock Lesnar, Goldberg and Sting to square off at WrestleMania 33 in fatal 4-way match?

CM DRAW

The flip side of this is Punk’s debut from a business standpoint based on early evidence looks to be a success. Early indications based off internet PPV numbers are that the show will do something in the range of 450,000 to 460,000 buys (and keep in mind any number based strictly on iPPV buys could be off significantly) for a show that would have probably done about 270,000 without him. Based on a few numbers, coming in at about 70 percent to double that of UFC 201, that would indicate a number in the 425,000 to 475,000 range, but those figures could easily be off this early. The number greatly exceeded company projections. So if we estimate it as 180,000 more buys due to him at nearly $30 per head to the promotion, that’s $5.4 million in added revenue, not to mention any other value as far as bar purchases, merchandise, whatever value he brings to other UFC products and the like. When the word came out that he was paid $500,000, a lot of people were shocked and upset. The reality is he would have almost certainly had a cut of the PPV since he was the top draw on the show. While it doesn’t appear the PPV did a monster number, with a PPV cut, you’re probably talking about a few hundred thousand more dollars added on to that purse. And given the revenue he brought to the table and the interest level, right now it looks to have been a bargain for UFC. I was shocked that in 2016 people would complain about what he earned when it was clear he was going to drive some revenue, and $500,000 is only 17,000 extra buys, a number even the most conservative of estimates should have figured he’d blow past.

bjork

You compared her to Eva fucking Marie who's defining characteristic is being perhaps the most unathletic, uncoordinated person on the entire roster. Her whole character is based around sucking at her job!

I did. I stand by it. Charlotte could be the lady version of Dean Malenko, better than Bruno, etc... but she's still got that kind of persona that makes you want to boo her. It has nothing to do with her growth as a character on a wrestle show. Even when I saw her on Today show or whatever it was she was on with Roman, I'm like, "if I watched regularly, I would always root for whoever was against her." It's like an energy she gives off, to me.

What was up with her accent this past Monday?

"You don't want a piece of mia (me)!"

If they played up Sasha's injuries into a storyline where she thought she was Italian like JT Smith in ECW, it would be my favorite angle.

Top Bottom