• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

klonere

Banned
"Hey TNA booking minds, we have Damien Sandow now. He excels at entertaining the crowd through character work, promos and comedy. How should we use him?"

"PUT HIM IN A PSEUDO SHOOT FIGHT"

".....uh, sure Billy"

CsaTsTrWYAAJyNq.jpg:large

Hasney

I guess so, but then again it kinda gives false hope to the smarks here, much like the CWC did

like do you guys really expect to see some solid matches from the CW division on RAW? Why would Vince McMahon suddenly change his mind and give a good chunk of his precious TV time to little twerps.

I give it 3 months tops

Oh totally. I give it to the new year just so a bunch of light guys can be in the Rumble for BRAAAAAUUUUUNNNN or someone to throw out. I think this is just recognition from the higher ups that obviously something has to be different for a 3 hour program, but when ratings don't recover, they'll get chopped.

Still, I'll be more inclined to watch Raw while they do and i hope they have a good showing. Should be fun while it lasts.

"Hey TNA booking minds, we have Damien Sandow now. He excels at entertaining the crowd through character work, promos and comedy. How should we use him?"

"PUT HIM IN A PSEUDO SHOOT FIGHT"

".....uh, sure Billy"

CsaTsTrWYAAJyNq.jpg:large
Sandow was always destined to fail in a way after he got released. He'll make money, but he's not going to have some Punk-level of faring off well after going. Even Ryback is a hotter demand then he is.

imBask

Banned
Here's the list of people I expect will be in the Cruiserweight Division by January

-Bo Dallas
-Titus O'Neil
-Big Show
-Bobby Lashley
-Kane "Demon King" Kane
-Rhyno
-Bull Dempsey
-Great Khali

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't understand how Meltzer runs a paid podcast and one of the hosts shows up saying he didn't watch the event the podcast is about. Like how is that an acceptable business practice?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't understand how Meltzer runs a paid podcast and one of the hosts shows up saying he didn't watch the event the podcast is about. Like how is that an acceptable business practice?

because people fanboy over meltzer and 'things change' has been a viable excuse for him for decades?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
because people fanboy over meltzer and 'things change' has been a viable excuse for him for decades?

It wasn't Meltzer, it was Alvarez. But I think that's pretty unprofessional.

I could at least hand wave it if it was a random Raw with like 4 weeks to PPV where nothing happens.

"I didn't watch it, I look cool, I'm a rebel, marks are going to like me."

He's a fucking hack and a wannabe

Foggy

Because the tournament itself would be fun, and you can just take that in isolation and take solace in the fact that whoever is getting ruined is at least making a nicer paycheck than they likely were elsewhere to compensate?

Everybody wins.

It's a win for viewers for about 6 weeks and that's it. Also the female talent pool is much more shallow than male "cruiserweights" so it'll have more of an effect on promotions like Stardom, Sendai, and Oz. For purely selfish reasons, I hope they stay away for as long as they can just so I can keep watching amazing matches instead of 6 weeks of a cool tournament and the rest being standard to sub-standard.

As seen on Tuesday’s episode of SmackDown Live, Shane McMahon announced that AJ Styles would be defending his WWE World Title against a returning John Cena and Dean Ambrose in a triple threat match at WWE No Mercy.

We have been told that Styles’ is expected to have a lengthy title run and isn’t expected to drop it anytime soon. WWE officials are very happy with AJ and have been since arriving to the company.

Even thought Cena has been teasing that he wants to tie Flair’s record for title wins, it doesn’t seem logical at this time as Cena is expected to take time off from WWE shortly after the WWE No Mercy event.
I wonder if this means Ambrose or Cena would eat the pin. If they are gonna turn Ambrose heel, then they should have him Kayfabe beat Cena out of action to take him out for a couple of months.

To once again return from injury to win the Royal Rumble!

Toki767

To be fair to Bryan,

He has to watch like 20 hours of wrestling a week.

He'll probably watch it by the time he records his show tonight.

Angry Grimace

To be fair to Bryan,

I mean, watching the show is his job. I'm sure he has other shit to do, but in the end Meltzer and Alvarez are the owners of the site and they ask for more money than it costs to get WWE's Network. He isn't really required to watch more than SD, Raw and any PPVs that come on (e.g. UFC or WWE) and they don't make him watch NJPW, or indies or anything else. Plus, he isn't expected to have any kind of detailed knowledge or backstage info the way Meltzer is. I don't think watching the products he derivative makes his living off of is a particularly onerous request.

I'm not even suggesting anyone specifically subscribes to hear Alvarez, but he should at least put in the minimum requirements of his job.

Mahonay

Banned
I don't pay for any of their stuff because I really can't stand Bryan Alvarez. I still like listening to Dave even if I don't agree with him on every match.

somedevil

To be fair to Bryan,

The problem is this was a final for a major tournament and not a random raw. People expected him to watch the show because they are paying them for analysis and not basically a Dave monologue.

It also doesn't help when you people like Wai Ting reviewing this and he does smackdown and raw reviews while having a job for free.

The "I'm too cool for this" approach to reviewing current wrestling is about the lamest thing going right now.

Everyone is afraid to like things due to being judged by others. But if you don't want to watch wrestling then find another fucking job.

You'd think after 30 years he could come up with something that doesn't make him look so out of touch.

DM on Nash's comments. It's not like Nash was wrong.

I'm not even a fan of Bryan Alvarez and you all sound like a bunch of prima donna quacks (except slightconfuse). He usually discusses his thoughts on a big show on like, 3 different occasions (WOR, WOL, F4D), so god forbid he doesn't manage to get his thoughts in on one of them. Not to mention the WOR this morning was over an hour anyway, so it wasn't exactly an anemic show without Bryan's /r/squaredcircle tier fantasy booking for TJP.

Mahonay

Banned
The problem is this was a final for a major tournament and not a random raw. People expected him to watch the show because they are paying them for analysis and not basically a Dave monologue.

It also doesn't help when you people like Wai Ting reviewing this and he does smackdown and raw reviews while having a job for free.
Poor Wai. He has to squeeze in watching some of the shows sometimes right before they podcast. But he always watches and always gives an honest review. Pollock always seems surprised he manages to watch whatever they're set to review regardless of what Wai has going on, even when he was in the middle of a move while simultaneously dealing with his parents' out of control hoarding problem.

Only other times they skip/delay a review is if they're on assignment at a UFC event.
I'm not even a fan of Bryan Alvarez and you all sound like a bunch of prima donna quacks (except slightconfuse). He usually discusses his thoughts on a big show on like, 3 different occasions (WOR, WOL, F4D), so god forbid he doesn't manage to get his thoughts in on one of them. Not to mention the WOR this morning was over an hour anyway, so it wasn't exactly an anemic show without Bryan's /r/squaredcircle tier fantasy booking for TJP.
Even if he does his share of the work, I still dislike almost all of his opinions about wrestling.

Top Bottom