• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
SmackDown drew 2,000 more fans than Backlash did.
KuGsj.gif

well.....if WWE wasn't charging $500 a ticket for floor seats, more people would've shown up. I got floor seats to a Smackdown for $75 before.

As much as I loved the CWC, it was obvious that some of those guys are a bit green and could use more time in a development league. I'm not sure how well they'll do on a large stage. It's just a shame that Ibushi didn't sign as he had great chemistry with almost everybody he wrestled. It's also bizarre that they're adding so much talent to the show that already had most of the best wrestlers. They really should have moved Cesaro and Sami to Smackdown, which is in dire need of major faces.

Edit: And last night is nowhere near the best wrestling show I've seen. I'm not even sure it was the best episode of the CWC.

Kaladin

As much as I loved the CWC, it was obvious that some of those guys are a bit green and could use more time in a development league. I'm not sure how well they'll do on a large stage. It's just a shame that Ibushi didn't sign as he had great chemistry with almost everybody he wrestled. It's also bizarre that they're adding so much talent to the show that already had most of the best wrestlers. They really should have moved Cesaro and Sami to Smackdown, which is in dire need of major faces.

Edit: And last night is nowhere near the best wrestling show I've seen. I'm not even sure it was the best episode of the CWC.

Well, when you recruit 32 stars with an emphasis on talent from around the world, you're not going to get great wrestlers in all of them. That's where the single elimination tournament works in your favor. You get to showcase these talent, but weed out the weaker ones as you go along.

I really wish they could have added the Cruiserweights to Smackdown. I don't see the need to ad them to Raw unless they feel like they need a time filler and can give them an hour and give the main roster 2 hours. If they do it that way, I'm all for it.

Ithil

Nakamura is training to work with the roster, Tozawa is only working in the vacuum of the Cruiserweight division.

That's a nice idea on paper, but Nakamura knew how to work with the roster on the night he showed up in Dallas. Any of the growing pains Itami had, are totally absent with Nakamura.

Kaladin

That's a nice idea on paper, but Nakamura knew how to work with the roster on the night he showed up in Dallas. Any of the growing pains Itami had, are totally absent with Nakamura.

I don't think it's so much growing pains as it is adjustments. You wouldn't say Balor had any growing pains, but he had a lot of adjustments to make going from New Japan to WWE.

Ciampa being a cruiserweight doesn't seem right. DIY should go to Smackdown they need more guys. Also are Neville and Sin Cara now in the protective shield of the cruiserweight division or are they still bound for Stowman? Sin Cara needs to go Negro.

Ibushi needs to comeback as part as the regular roster he's too good to just be in the cruiserweight division. His selling of the 10 count was one of the best ive seen in a while just because im not sure if he knows its only a 10 count and not a 20.

Since Hideo's new thing is smacking around CWC guys, I'm wondering if they can squeeze in a Hideo Itami vs. Kota Ibushi match on NXT before Kota heads back to Japan. There's never been a one on one match between the two.

ROH AND NJPW combing contracts for talent

Search...

New Japan & ROH working together to prevent 2017 talent exit
Written By Sean Radican & James Caldwell, PWTorch Staff on September 15, 2016
image: http://www.pwtorch.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/ROHNJPW.png

New Japan & ROH logos (c) ROHWrestling.com
By Sean Radican & James Caldwell, PWTorch Staff

Ring of Honor and New Japan Pro Wrestling are looking to sign several stars to combined deals for 2017 and beyond.

ROH is facing a potential big roster turnover with several deals set to expire at the end of the year, but they are hopeful that working with NJPW will prevent that.

New Japan is also looking to prevent what happened at the start of 2016 when the company lost Shinsuke Nakamura, A.J. Styles, Karl Anderson, and Doc Gallows to WWE.

NJPW has also expressed interest in running solo shows in the U.S. in 2017, prompting their attempt to sign U.S. stars to mix with the New Japan roster.

Matt Sydal, who is a free agent, has been offered a combined deal from ROH and New Japan.

Contracts for Bobby Fish and Kyle O’Reilly of the ReDragon tag team are set to expire at the end of the year.

Read more at http://www.pwtorch.com/site/2016/09...prevent-2017-talent-exit/#uXOVMP4HrRUoqQDJ.99

Top Bottom