• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Mahonay

Banned

We need one like this for Meltzer
giphy.gif

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
I wonder if this means Ambrose or Cena would eat the pin. If they are gonna turn Ambrose heel, then they should have him Kayfabe beat Cena out of action to take him out for a couple of months.

To once again return from injury to win the Royal Rumble!

I like it. I remember JR saying back when that Ambrose was going to win people over as a heel. You end up with a similar problem to Raw though, who is your top face then? Orton?

Cagey

Banned
I mean, watching the show is his job. I'm sure he has other shit to do, but in the end Meltzer and Alvarez are the owners of the site and they ask for more money than it costs to get WWE's Network. He isn't really required to watch more than SD, Raw and any PPVs that come on (e.g. UFC or WWE) and they don't make him watch NJPW, or indies or anything else. Plus, he isn't expected to have any kind of detailed knowledge or backstage info the way Meltzer is. I don't think watching the products he derivative makes his living off of is a particularly onerous request.

I'm not even suggesting anyone specifically subscribes to hear Alvarez, but he should at least put in the minimum requirements of his job.
Wait what?! The god damn newsletter rumor mill and review podcasts cost more each month than the paid content people want to get scoopz and reviews on?

This is like the Bill Belichick or Greg Popovich of Carny of the Year. He'd have to win every year so you change the criteria so it's not boring.

Mahonay

Banned
Sorry meltz, TJP vs Ibushi was FIVE STARS baby
It was very good but TJP is still too rough around the edges to deliver a 5 star match. Sometimes his moves don't fully connect, he also has trouble with holds here and there.

Biggest flaw that stuck out to me though is that he's fucking is terrible at catching people on the outside.

Toki767

Wait what?! The god damn newsletter rumor mill and review podcasts cost more each month than the paid content people want to get scoopz and reviews on?

This is like the Bill Belichick or Greg Popovich of Carny of the Year. He'd have to win every year so you change the criteria so it's not boring.

They do provide more new content than the Network on a weekly basis. I guess.

Tagyhag

Sorry meltz, TJP vs Ibushi was FIVE STARS baby

No way, Ibushi vs Nakamura is a 5 star match.

TJP vs Ibushi is definitely a 4 star because the former is nowhere near Ibushi's level, and I'm saying that as a fan of Perkins. He just needs more training.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Big Dave with the hot scoop:

Since the subject of Adam Cole’s contract has been asked about, since it’s no secret WWE wants him and was at one point directly saying they’d fast-track him to the NXT title, but he’s now the ROH champion, this is the situation. He’s under contract through 12/31, but because he missed four months due to his injuries, ROH is claiming the contract continues through the end of April

Cagey

Banned
They do provide more new content than the Network on a weekly basis. I guess.
But it's commentary or rumor content...about the actual content on WWE Network, and that NJPW pay service, and the UFC pay service, etc. I figured Meltzer charged like 4 bucks a month.

cordy

Banned
We have been told that Styles’ is expected to have a lengthy title run and isn’t expected to drop it anytime soon. WWE officials are very happy with AJ and have been since arriving to the company.

Even thought Cena has been teasing that he wants to tie Flair’s record for title wins, it doesn’t seem logical at this time as Cena is expected to take time off from WWE shortly after the WWE No Mercy event.

Yep, exactly what I said.

Styles is going to hold this belt until probably February and lose it to Cena or something. Cena/Styles for the title is a huge way to get some buys on that pre-WM ppv.

Zach

There's a lot going on in that post, OwensIsNow, and I'll respond to each part of it in my blog. But for now, just know that I ate a burger for lunch, even though I brought leftovers, BECAUSE I LIVE LIFE TO THE EXTREME.

Mahonay

Banned
What is The Lapsed Fan reviewing next again? I knew it was a 92' show I just forgot which one. Going to try to watch it before the podcast hits.

sora87

No way, Ibushi vs Nakamura is a 5 star match.

TJP vs Ibushi is definitely a 4 star because the former is nowhere near Ibushi's level, and I'm saying that as a fan of Perkins. He just needs more training.

I have to be honest, I marked out to and enjoyed both matches equally.
It's always subjective though i guess!

Raw64life

It was very good but TJP is still too rough around the edges to deliver a 5 star match. Sometimes his moves don't fully connect, he also has trouble with holds here and there.

Biggest flaw that stuck out to me though is that he's fucking is terrible at catching people on the outside.

Also that kick TJP does where the guy is on the ropes and he climbs the turnbuckle and then kicks the guy form the outside. He did it in both matches and barely touched the opponent both times.

But it's commentary or rumor content...about the actual content on WWE Network, and that NJPW pay service, and the UFC pay service, etc. I figured Meltzer charged like 4 bucks a month.

There's 3 sales a year where it actually is that price. Regularly it costs more because it's a lot of content. Any given month you have thousands of podcasts and decades of reading material spanning even more years of history. If it stopped right now, I still don't think you'd ever live long enough to hear and read every full thing available. It's well worth the price

Kaladin

It's crazy that any of these guys will be on Raw next week:

Gran Metalik
Jack Gallagher
Akira Tozawa
Johnny Gargano
Tommasso Ciampa
Cedric Alexander
Rich Swann
Noam Dar
Brian Kendrick
TJ Perkins

Think about it, most of these guys made their name elsewhere and they get to keep that name. Just a couple of years ago, this would have been impossible. And a group that large coming in at once would be unthinkable.

This new era is showing us that anything is possible.

Top Bottom