• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Menome

Finally caught up with last week's NXT and CWC. Having to stay out of the thread still until I get through this week's.

I know you miss me, Zach.

Zach

I do miss you, Menome. And I actually haven't watched the final match of last week's CWC, or this week's NXT/CWC finale. I'm waiting on the lady, and we probably won't be able to sit down together for a couple hours to watch a bunch of wrassle until next week. It's a shame that the results were spoiled, but I knew it would be inevitable up in here.

It'll be fun to see her reactions, though. :D

Zach

I guess if you're a dumb kid and you see that sweet Cactus Jack Rumble 2000 match, you could fall for Triple H being legit. And then it just snowballs as he's on your TV constantly cutting promos and wrasslin' every week. Your poor, underdeveloped brain is like "well, he must be good!"

I get it, guys. I get it.

: )

I guess if you're a dumb kid and you see that sweet Cactus Jack Rumble 2000 match, you could fall for Triple H being legit. And then it just snowballs as he's on your TV constantly cutting promos and wrasslin' every week. Your poor, underdeveloped brain is like "well, he must be good!"

I get it, guys. I get it.

: )

The same mentality for SSeth. Have a bad human talk for 20 minutes a week and win when it isn't needed, do all this stuff so constantly you can't escape him, and maybe people will start believing it's actually deserved.

Good thing is it never works

Kaladin

I would say last night's CWC finale is the show that finally put the quality and style of wrestling you see on better indies like ROH or PWG on a program with WWE production values which can't be matched by anyone.

That's the first time they finally did it.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Decided to watch some No Way Out 2001 because of the Triple H Austin mention in this thread. But before I get to that match I need to find out who the biggest trashbag ho in the world wrestling federation is. Riveting stuff.

Fox318

Last week I posted a best of 7 stages of matches. What would your 7 stipulation matches would be in a best of 7

E: DP. Yikes!!

Each match is a different type of wrestling.

Thumb Wrestling
Arm Wrrestling
Greco-Roman wrestling
Freestyle wrestling
Catch-as-catch-can Wrestling
Turkish oil wrestling
Swiss Wrestling
Sumo Wrestling

etc

They spin a wheel to pick a type

Guys in the back flip a coin on if the match is a work or a shoot.

yC4ke1n.gif

Guys, I love TJ Perkins.

Im so excited and scared of his Raw debut. Dude is just so cool. guys like him, Sami, AJ, all have awesome personalities where they just seem like ordinary guys doing extraordinary things.

This generation of guys arent some over the top gimmick with gimmick names, they are just dudes with first and last names.

So many of the cruiserweight guys all seem so plainfully average, and Im scared that they'll not all shine like they did in NXT.

Top Bottom