• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

somedevil

Roh just did this at one of their shows:

Briscoes won a four way tag match over Silas Young/Beer C​it​y Bruiser, Rowe & Hansen, and Rhett Titus/Kenny King​ (w/The Cabinet)​

Titus​ and King knelt during the Code of Honor to protest the oppression they experience in ROH (a nod to the recent Colin Kaepernick U.S. anthem kneeling controversy) which led to them being assaulted by everyone. Jay Briscoe hit Bruiser with a neckbreak, and Mark Briscoe pinned him after a Froggy Bow.

Yikes. What makes it worse is all the other teams were white and the winners of the match were the Briscoes.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
tj60NJI.gif

It's going to be awesome when Vince purchases them then does the invasion angle again. Hell, he already has a few key stars but this time it won't be as hars to get the others considering most are wrestling for nickles and dimes

giphy.gif

Roh just did this at one of their shows:

Yikes. What makes it worse is all the other teams were white and the winners of the match were the Briscoes.

I was watching ROH Death before Dishonor from the other month and I really didn't know what to think of the Briscoes. On one hand I felt like they were the embodiment of CZW / backyard wrestling BS, on the other they were giving it their all. The finish to the Page / Jay match had me seriously cringing.

WMBT27

Would be great to have access to TNA shows from the weekly PPV eras on the network. Despite the tremendous amount of trash there were some great matches on those shows

Edit: Would also be great so I could revisit the Nash/Shelley stuff. That was fun

Less competition is not a good thing you guys

99% of the time I agree about indies dying

TNA is the 1%. We've seen its death coming for this whole decade, it's come closer with every year, and it hasn't been considered competition in a full 10 years (and that's being polite assuming it was ever considered competition, considering the fact it never once made a profit)

imBask

Banned
99% of the time I agree about indies dying

TNA is the 1%. We've seen its death coming for this whole decade, it's come closer with every year, and it hasn't been considered competition in a full 10 years (and that's being polite assuming it was ever considered competition, considering the fact it never once made a profit)

I know I know, but it's still competition by definition

It's not as bad as if WWE bought ROH and PWG tomorrow morning, but it's still not a positive to me

That TNA tape library is 100% worth buying for compilations, 100's of hours of new network content, plugging gaps in career retrospectives, hyping guys, no question.

Zach

Big Vito just said "Kevin Nash, I got two words for you: the Staten Island Express is gonna run over your face, you punk!"

Zach

Dudes, I thought I read that Lita and Trish were the first women to headline a RAW, but I'm watching Lita vs. Stephanie main event this thang in August of 2000. Who's been spreading lies?!

Dudes, I thought I read that Lita and Trish were the first women to headline a RAW, but I'm watching Lita vs. Stephanie main event this thang in August of 2000. Who's been spreading lies?!
Is that the one with a dozen people at ringside and Stephanie is wearing an "SMH" shirt?

Forget the diva's revolution, Stephanie was a trend-setter in internet acronyms.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

The internet wants to keep Stephanie down, that's why. Afraid of her position of power. Much easier to see Trish as just some pin up fitness model who happened to know a few holds.

Zach

Is that the one with a dozen people at ringside and Stephanie is wearing an "SMH" shirt?

Forget the diva's revolution, Stephanie was a trend-setter in internet acronyms.

The internet wants to keep Stephanie down, that's why. Afraid of her position of power. Much easier to see Trish as just some pin up fitness model who happened to know a few holds.
Yeah, there were like 35 men involved in the match.

Lita/Trish was I think the only women's title Raw main event. There was that match (non title) and there was Paige/Charlotte contract signing, but title match wise that was it.

ReiGun

Hear me out: #Broken Matt doing Snickers adverts

"Hey guys what's up it's me Matt Hardy from the Hardy Boyz, V1 am I right?"

*eats a Snickers*

"DELIGHTFUL!"

"Brother Nero, have a snickers."

*Jeff is on a ladder* "Why?"

"Because you become a spot monkey when you're hungry."

*Jeff eats*

"Better?"

"OBSOLETE!"

"DELETE!"

"OBSOLETE!"

"DELETE!"

Hey guys, I've been basically absent from Wrasslin GAF for a while, need to get my ass in here more often.

Anyway, what's this I hear about WWE making a bid to buy TNA?

Can understand why, but I just really hope that at the very least they will selectively hire TNA's best talents and put them in NXT.

Sad reality is if Vince buys them out, he'll just leave the talent out in the cold and add the video library to the network.

styl3s

It's going to be awesome when Vince purchases them then does the invasion angle again. Hell, he already has a few key stars but this time it won't be as hars to get the others considering most are wrestling for nickles and dimes

giphy.gif
Vince should buy it and have the invasion just be 3 hour PPV of Brock Lesnar entering the TNA arena ripping everything down and killing everyone.

Less competition is not a good thing you guys

TNA would have to be competition though.

Even as far as "its nice for other places for guys to work" TNA cant even afford to pay people full time. TNA has had every chance a wrestling company could have and botched all of them. Its time to let them go.

The rise of the indies and the internet as a way to expose more people to them and continued growth is more then good enough of a replacement

How does buying TNA help Vince ? 350k viewers , some of them probably cross over customers, aren't going to be pulling in enough merch and network subscribers to make a difference.

The only reason I could see him doing this is that it would probably be cheaper to buy the promotion as a whole and get all that talent for pennies on the dollar rather than lure them away with huge paying contracts
There's that plus the video library which could let them easily make their money back on DVD documentary sales. Unless the asking price is in the tens of millions, it'd probably be a sound financial decision.

You guys are nuts if you think WWE's audience will be super into Broken Matt Hardy.
The Summerslam crowd chanted "DELETE! DELETE! DELETE!" at the universal title.

They already cherry picked them

True but other TNA stars worth hiring are IMO.

EC3
Galloway
Lashley
Moose
Mike Bennett & Maria
Eli Drake

Most of the X-Division (they can join the new Cruiserweights)

Much as I'd like to see the Hardy's go to WWE, I am certain Vince would force them to drop the Broken Matt and Brother Nero gimmicks, if anything purely out of spite for the fact that that it wasn't his idea. Then there is also the very high probability of Jeff failing a drug test.

Top Bottom