• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

That's what you told me about Hogan and Austin back in the '80 and '90s, Sibersk Esto.

NEVER GONNA DRAW A GODDAMN DIME

9239%2520-%2520glasses%2520jim_cornette.jpg

True but other TNA stars worth hiring are IMO.

EC3
Galloway
Lashley
Moose
Mike Bennett & Maria
Eli Drake

Most of the X-Division (they can join the new Cruiserweights)

Much as I'd like to see the Hardy's go to WWE, I am certain Vince would force them to drop the Broken Matt and Brother Nero gimmicks, if anything purely out of spite for the fact that that it wasn't his idea. Then there is also the very high probability of Jeff failing a drug test.

Most of those guys make more money doing indies than in wwe

AssassiN

got the wrong hit
If i remember correctly, didn't TNA only have like 5 Wrestlers on acutal contracts, whereas the rest where on pay per appearance deals - so if Vince did buy TNA he wouldn't get most of the roster (but they'll only be after the tape library anyway).

Zach

This just in from correspondent strobogo: Alundra Blayze and Bertha Faye headlined a RAW for the championship in 1995. I repeat: Alundra Blayze and Bertha Faye wrestled a RAW main event years before Lita, Stephanie, or Trish.

More on this as it develops.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This just in from correspondent strobogo: Alundra Blayze and Bertha Faye headlined a RAW for the championship in 1995. I repeat: Alundra Blayze and Bertha Faye wrestled a RAW main event years before Lita, Stephanie, or Trish.

October 23, 1995. It is in fact the main event. It is in fact a title match. The only thing after it is the HBK I got beat up by 30 marines interview with JR.

Are you just learning. About wwe revising history

Next thing you will tell me is that it wasn't the plan to have Bryson main event mania 30

It was the last match on the card, though the final segment was a JR interview with Shawn Michaels.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Also of note that RAW often didn't really have main events before mid 1996. Sometimes the biggest match of the night went on last, oftentimes it was in the middle or even curtain jerked.

Draft contracts are apparently 2 months (see Strowman Jobber 1, Miz, Swagger)

lmfao, even 2 months later they still can't even begin to pretend they ever had a clue what to do with this brand split

Comical levels of ineptness on display from the McMahons (yes, all of them, don't defend HHH)

ReiGun

Draft contracts are apparently 2 months (see Strowman Jobber 1, Miz, Swagger)

lmfao, even 2 months later they still can't even begin to pretend they ever had a clue what to do with this brand split

Comical levels of ineptness on display from the McMahons (yes, all of them, don't defend HHH)

Weren't the still trying to figure out where to put people all the way up to the day of?

Striker

They didn't do anything with Bully Ray. They would do the same mistake--Brother Nero would bring in merch sales and probably get a push.

Tagyhag

Miz: "My contract is up after No Mercy, and I am leaving to RAW with the title"

Ain't no way Vince (Or Steph) is going to allow SD to come even close to RAW in ratings.

In 6 months time a Smackdown episode will consist of a 1 hour Jack Swagger vs Baron Corbin match and a Carmella chant session.

Recall

Due to work I couldn't watch any CWC until now so avoided the net like the plague for several days.

What a fucking incredible tournament and the best thing WWE has produced in eons. I loved everything about it because I actually CARED about match outcomes.

Im not even going to bother looking through the thread to see what opinions I missed as I don't care. I loved it all and that's all that matters to me. Well done TJ, Pinoy Boy would be proud.

Due to work I couldn't watch any CWC until now so avoided the net like the plague for several days.

What a fucking incredible tournament and the best thing WWE has produced in eons. I loved everything about it because I actually CARED about match outcomes.

Im not even going to bother looking through the thread to see what opinions I missed as I don't care. I loved it all and that's all that matters to me. Well done TJ, Pinoy Boy would be proud.

Thread consensus was unanimously it being the best thing modern WWE's done. Even ZSJ haters (justified) thought it went astounding aside from those matches, and I came off being completely happy with it being the only thing Ibushi's ever doing in the company.

Zach

Did I see Hasney banned in some thread a second ago? I think I did.

Road Dogg and X-Pac should probably drop the DX schtick. It's August of 2000, guys. Come on. I'm getting Randy the Ram vibes.

People in the thread told me that WWE had planned this out in advance. I don't know who to believe anymore!

The concept of a brand split was planned like days before the official USA announcement there was going to be a split and live SD, and stuff like Reigns and Br*ck on Raw/Cena and Styles on SD was planned soon after that. Midcarders etc weren't because they flatout aren't cared about and full rosters weren't set until day of draft.

Top Bottom