• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Dthomp

Raw crowds nowadays only pop for entrances . They couldn't give a shit about the match other than big spots.

I hate it, but that's how they've been trained over the past years. The flow of every match is the same, you get the same spot to the outside for each commercial and rest holds galore.

Ithil

random question but valuable, most people dislike roman reigns so Gaf, how would you build him up or rebuild him to make him better and get him over with the crowd again?

Fire him, then call up Samoa Joe and call him Roman Reigns, with the same music and everything. Everyone acts like he has always been this way and never mentions the change.

justjim89

Csw7UgyVIAEeug_.jpg

Pretty much encapsulates what's wrong with Nia Jax

Should be portrayed as a monster heel, but has absolutely none of the facials to back it up.

Smiling from ear to ear in her match graphic ffs

I'm sure she's the one that gets to pick the graphic for her match ups. They probably took dozens of photos in whatever session that was taken from, and some producer gets told from someone from creative that she needs to be smiling in the picture. I'm a fan of Nia and I think she has a lot of potential, so perhaps I'm biased, but this isn't a fair criticism.

Tagyhag

So night of champions PPV

Owens vs Rollins
Rusev vs Reigns
Charlotte vs Bayley vs Sasha
New Day vs The Club
Perkins vs Kendrick
Jericho vs Zayn
Sheamus vs Cesaro

Preshow: Nia vs Alicia Fox

Stacked Card.

Only other match to maybe add is Enzo and Cass vs Shining Stars.

My prediction: This will be a complete 180 from Backlash.

Stacked card, mediocre PPV.

ReiGun

random question but valuable, most people dislike roman reigns so Gaf, how would you build him up or rebuild him to make him better and get him over with the crowd again?

Go back in time and have Daniel Bryan win the Rumble instead of him.

Serious answer: Turn him into a monster heel, let him hang around in the midcard for a while putting over guys like Cesaro and Sami Zayn until the hate has cooled down, move him back up into the main event picture when the crowd is ready to embrace him again.

Third hour does a bad rating: "See guys, I told you those Cruiserweights weren't a draw!"

Third hour does a good rating: "See guys, I told you Roman was a draw!"

Ithil

Go back in time and have Daniel Bryan win the Rumble instead of him.

Serious answer: Turn him into a monster heel, let him hang around in the midcard for a while putting over guys like Cesaro and Sami Zayn until the hate has cooled down, move him back up into the main event picture when the crowd is ready to embrace him again.

My serious answer is simple, "Give up on him". There's a million more people they can try something with and absolutely nothing special about him. He flopped, he's not the first, move on from him.

Top Bottom