• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Striker

His reign was the beginning of the end for smackdown as a legitimate brand.
When JBL was champion, the roster still consisted of himself, Booker T, The Undertaker, Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio, John Cena, RVD, Big Shoe, and some guy named Kurt Angle.

It obviously got weaker (the company did) when Eddie passed, Kurt left, and Jericho taking time off for a few years. Christian was someone popular and ascending too, but he also left because they neglected to push him. Orton, Batista and Cena were being pushed hard in '04.

Welcome. Great list, and looks like I'm going to be the one to put you over.
normal_SD_651_Photo_114_0.jpg

No worries. Posting live is probably the most value-less of a post. After it soaks in, posting is better.

Also, welcome goddamnit welcome.

wmm16.jpg

Welcome to the n-n-neo World order, Damn Silly.
9ZFhtq4.gif

welcome friend
There was nothing appropriate Mastiff-related, well besides one large image so I shall just say hi.

Thanks for the warm welcome, all.

So apparently Del Rio had been trying to use the 'si' chant being over as means to maybe get a babyface push.

Essentially the man was trying to use a chant involving an index finger being pointed up while the crowd chants yes to force a push.

dTVKL.gif

Former WWE Wrestler Found Alive At 44

In a revelation that has sent shockwaves through the wrestling world, sources confirmed that former WWE wrestler Freddy Hendricks, better known as his in-ring persona “Time Bomb,” was discovered alive Friday at the age of 44.

Hendricks, who wrestled in the WWE from 1993 to 2005, was reported to be conscious and breathing at his one-bedroom apartment at approximately 4:45 in the afternoon. According to those close to the situation, the news came as a complete surprise to friends and family of the popular retired performer.

“I hadn’t seen Freddy in a while, and when I dropped by his place, I found him sprawled out on the couch, and I could immediately see that he was moving,” said former WWE wrestler and longtime friend Jeff Hardy. “Seeing his body lying there, just alive like that—I didn’t even know how to react. I was stunned.”

“I couldn’t believe it,” added Hardy. “I still can’t. It’s unthinkable.”

http://www.theonion.com/article/for...tm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing

This shit is too much

RBH

Former ROH & EVOLVE commentator Mister Saint Laurent discussed the relationship between Alberto Del Rio and Paige during his latest podcast with Kevin Sullivan. Here is what he said:

“Mark Carano, who fans might know from Total Divas, kind of like the office liaison guy, approached Del Rio and Paige individually and harassed each of them about their relationship. It was indicated that the office wanted them to sever their romantic relationship.”

He also added the following:

“A lot of people speculated if this was the reason [WWE] split them up in the draft and that’s definitely what happened. The company did not want them together. They split them up in the draft by design and they threatened to fire Paige if she didn’t break up with Del Rio.”
This company is so damn ridiculous.

Hasney

So apparently Del Rio had been trying to use the 'si' chant being over as means to maybe get a babyface push.

Essentially the man was trying to use a chant involving an index finger being pointed up while the crowd chants yes to force a push.

dTVKL.gif

He should have done the other parts DB did like working hard and putting on teriffic matches too to help. The twat.

somedevil

This company is so damn ridiculous.

Well if you believe the news stories Del rio might have been still married when he and Paige started dating. Plus the other newz was that the WWE thought he partied too much and was a bad influence on her.

Anth0ny

Former ROH & EVOLVE commentator Mister Saint Laurent discussed the relationship between Alberto Del Rio and Paige during his latest podcast with Kevin Sullivan. Here is what he said:

“Mark Carano, who fans might know from Total Divas, kind of like the office liaison guy, approached Del Rio and Paige individually and harassed each of them about their relationship. It was indicated that the office wanted them to sever their romantic relationship.”

He also added the following:

“A lot of people speculated if this was the reason [WWE] split them up in the draft and that’s definitely what happened. The company did not want them together. They split them up in the draft by design and they threatened to fire Paige if she didn’t break up with Del Rio.”

I need Lapsed Vince's interpretation of this scenario

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Well if you believe the news stories Del rio might have been still married when he and Paige started dating. Plus the other newz was that the WWE thought he partied too much and was a bad influence on her.

He's still married now, I think. But he's been separated for a long time.

Oersted

wJZE9l7.gif

the theatrical cut and VHS version actually did have a few noticable issues

Like me some Matrix but there is lots of sloppiness.

Keanu holding onto those wires, unfinished GCI, equipment being reflected in every closeup with sunglasses shot(there were alot as you recall)...

pbayne

Yo wrestlgaf, might be a stupid question but im still fairly new to New Japan, is the road to Destruction stuff going on this month just like glorified house shows more or less, just shit tons of multi man tag matchs it looks like?

Heroman

Banned
Yo wrestlgaf, might be a stupid question but im still fairly new to New Japan, is the road to Destruction stuff going on this month just like glorified house shows more or less, just shit tons of multi man tag matchs it looks like?
You can skip them mostly, but look oit for the stand out matches from them. It mostly tag team stuff..

Pikma

Banned
They're glorified house shows, yes.

Sephzilla

Like me some Matrix but there is lots of sloppiness.

Keanu holding onto those wires, unfinished GCI, equipment being reflected in every closeup with sunglasses shot(there were alot as you recall)...

Most of that has been touched up in the bluray release, thankfully.

I'd still day one a Matrix 4 if it ever happened

s6TV0TE.png

Will she be able to turn heel without the TV time before Capitol Punishment, that's the question. Has she even cut a promo on an invisible Hillary supporter?

Top Bottom