• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

bjork

So a girl at work asked me what my number was, if I was on steam and wants to play something co-op. I have no idea why. I don't even own any multiplayer games. I smell a setup.

It's not like the JBL character didn't have positive attributes-he was VERY strong on the mic, and was an actual Heel, not the CoolHeel that everyone wants to be.

If they had put him at the U.S. Title level there woulda been no problems. SD was just thin at the main event level due to the roster split and pushed him to the moon without waiting.

I'll agree with this, sounds like a fair analysis.

Hi WrassleGAF, being reading for a while, but only recently got an account, so first-time poster.

Don't actually watch most wrasslin' live bar the WWE PPVs, but thanks to you guys (and watching highlights on YouTube and the like) I mostly stay up to date.

Not sure whether I'll be a regular or more of a lurker so I'll make sure to give my fave five now, just in case.

Current:
AJ Styles
Kevin Owens
Sami Zayn
Samoe Joe
Cesaro

That was actually more difficult than I was expecting. Lot of potential in WWE at the moment. Also, always rooting for my fellow Scots, so interested to see how Noam Dar and Nikki Storm do.

All-time:
The Hardy Boyz (I used to be much more of just a Jeff mark, but Matt's stuff recently has been delightful)
The Undertaker
Stone Cold Steve Austin
CM Punk (how I got drawn back in after an extended absence)
Mick Foley

Welcome. Great list, and looks like I'm going to be the one to put you over.

So a girl at work asked me what my number was, if I was on steam and wants to play something co-op. I have no idea why. I don't even own any multiplayer games. I smell a setup.

You're a loner lol! Baron Corbin!

BFIB

BTW - Per the discussion yesterday, I picked up Witcher 3 Complete Edition and started that up

P67BOE9.gif

Oh man, how I wish I could wipe my memory to experience this all over again for the first time.

SHOOTEMBER

tumblr_o9rjhhpNX91rq5iico1_500.jpg

As much as we talk about HHH's reign of terror scaring off mainstream audiences, Bradshaw getting into the main event picture wasn't exactly much better. The guy who was the worse half of the APA gets a long ass world title reign?

UeUngsX.gif

JBL getting a world championship in WWE over Ron fucking Simmons disgusts me

His reign was the beginning of the end for smackdown as a legitimate brand.

I totally am. I play games to get away from the world, not to interact with it. Getting out of my bed and enduring traffic and work is about all I can take per day any more.
I'm not going to lie, I'm the same way. It's why I ditched the work from office shit, I got tired of people again. I don't and have never cared for the only aspect in gaming, I can only play games with someone in a couch with me. It's just better.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I hope to! Won't be able to chime in live most of the time, but I'm sure I'll join in with the talking points.
No worries. Posting live is probably the most value-less of a post. After it soaks in, posting is better.

Also, welcome goddamnit welcome.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Play some kideos with her. Could be fun. It ain't no thang.

bjork

I'm not going to lie, I'm the same way. It's why I ditched the work from office shit, I got tired of people again. I don't and have never cared for the only aspect in gaming, I can only play games with someone in a couch with me. It's just better.

I don't even do that. My Xbox friend list is 4 people and I never interact with any of them.. I think Steam is 4 as well, and the same. I'm bad at anything social.

Married in Bulgaria. Those crowns!

It's a mistake. She will be his personal Melina.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't even do that. My Xbox friend list is 4 people and I never interact with any of them.. I think Steam is 4 as well, and the same. I'm bad at anything social.
Let's be friends, Bjork. I don't do chat or shit or try to play with my friends, but it's nice for leaderboards and seeing what folks are playing.

It's a mistake. She will be his personal Melina.
Yeah you're worse than me. My ps4 list is maybe 50 and that's from ps3 days. On steam I only have like 3 people, and of those 3 I've only played online gaming with one.

bjork

Let's be friends, Bjork. I don't do chat or shit or try to play with my friends, but it's nice for leaderboards and seeing what folks are playing.

I've had it for a year and I've played Fallout 4, Watch Dogs, and the lego game it came with. Nowhere near the variety I had on the 360. I turn the 360 on to play youtube videos when I go to sleep, that's my main console action these days.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Accept me into your home, you SOB.
You're always welcome. This weekend I have some wrassles planned for myself and my other half. Going to either watch 3-4 episodes of Nitro in 96 building up to the Hostile Takeover, or just pick a month in the 80s and watch sequential NWA episodes.

It's pretty great having someone who likes wrestling but hasn't seen much of it. There's so much to show from history!

Zach

You're always welcome. This weekend I have some wrassles planned for myself and my other half. Going to either watch 3-4 episodes of Nitro in 96 building up to the Hostile Takeover, or just pick a month in the 80s and watch sequential NWA episodes.

It's pretty great having someone who likes wrestling but hasn't seen much of it. There's so much to show from history!

Can we tussle on the living room floor?

klonere

Banned
Are there any chants that are acceptable? Personally, I hate all of them. I clap to show my appreciation, and that's it.

I sit very quietly and clap after every sequence.

I've lost my voice from shouting, screaming and chanting at the last two shows I was at. My local indie crowds are HOT daddeh.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Former ROH & EVOLVE commentator Mister Saint Laurent discussed the relationship between Alberto Del Rio and Paige during his latest podcast with Kevin Sullivan. Here is what he said:

“Mark Carano, who fans might know from Total Divas, kind of like the office liaison guy, approached Del Rio and Paige individually and harassed each of them about their relationship. It was indicated that the office wanted them to sever their romantic relationship.”

He also added the following:

“A lot of people speculated if this was the reason [WWE] split them up in the draft and that’s definitely what happened. The company did not want them together. They split them up in the draft by design and they threatened to fire Paige if she didn’t break up with Del Rio.”

HHH (and Jesus) have some competition.

tumblr_ob8pel809f1rrftcdo1_r1_540.jpg

Jungle beat is the shit.
One of the Evil Kongs in that game was even a wrestler...a sumo wrestler mind you but close enough.

And yes it was and still is the shit.

I gave my friend Halo 2 in exchange for his DK Jungle Beat in 2004, and have never for a second regretted it.
My man.

Well you know Ron , was you know...
so aged by that point that his moveset consisted entirely of toe kick> punch> toe kick> irish whip> bearhug front slam?

CrXIfpoUIAE3Txp.jpg:medium

KANE IN 2003 (yes, that's Linda)
Kane enjoying the shit outta that tombstone.

Also that segment was great, recently unmasked Kane was a grand ol' time until Trips stuck his big nose in as usual...HE SHOULD'VE GONE OVER AT ARMAGEDDON 03!

Top Bottom