• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

After Ace&Eights, he got a second run. He had a stable called the Ménagerie (including current tag team champion Crazzy Steve). He didn't really do anything significant and disappeared after a year.

He was in Aces & 8's
I see, they could've had Bully and he be together.
Survivor Series in Canada? with a canadian champ (possibly) in the main event?

Roman v KO v Jericho or KO v Jericho v Sami

Lucha Elite allegedly negotiating with ADR to appear late September, early October.

http://superluchas.com/2016/09/01/todo-sobre-alberto-del-rio-y-wwe-su-proximo-destino-es-liga-elite/
My man about to get paid

Only shitty thing about Survivor Series weekend is that a bunch of NXT Toronto house shows have been wiped.

And I damn sure will have to pay more for Takeover than I did for a house show.

Fuck,WWE. You're making me feel like Virgil in this motherfucker.

Yeah I had 2nd row floor seats for the Toroto show.

I guess I'll he in the nose bleeds for this one.

Hi WrassleGAF, being reading for a while, but only recently got an account, so first-time poster.

Don't actually watch most wrasslin' live bar the WWE PPVs, but thanks to you guys (and watching highlights on YouTube and the like) I mostly stay up to date.

Not sure whether I'll be a regular or more of a lurker so I'll make sure to give my fave five now, just in case.

Current:
AJ Styles
Kevin Owens
Sami Zayn
Samoe Joe
Cesaro

That was actually more difficult than I was expecting. Lot of potential in WWE at the moment. Also, always rooting for my fellow Scots, so interested to see how Noam Dar and Nikki Storm do.

All-time:
The Hardy Boyz (I used to be much more of just a Jeff mark, but Matt's stuff recently has been delightful)
The Undertaker
Stone Cold Steve Austin
CM Punk (how I got drawn back in after an extended absence)
Mick Foley

Watching Vengeance 2003 is reminding me of 2 things:

1. I absolutely do not miss this gimmick heavy, good ole boys club style of matches the WWE had during this era

2. Bradshaw at the height of APA is the absolute worst (I imagine he's terrible when he goes on that singles run). The dude is nothing more than a neanderthal throwing stiff punches

Browny

Banned

Luke Harper needs to be pushed to the fucking moon when he comes back.

Hi WrassleGAF, being reading for a while, but only recently got an account, so first-time poster.

Don't actually watch most wrasslin' live bar the WWE PPVs, but thanks to you guys (and watching highlights on YouTube and the like) I mostly stay up to date.

Not sure whether I'll be a regular or more of a lurker so I'll make sure to give my fave five now, just in case.

Current:
AJ Styles
Kevin Owens
Sami Zayn
Samoe Joe
Cesaro

That was actually more difficult than I was expecting. Lot of potential in WWE at the moment. Also, always rooting for my fellow Scots, so interested to see how Noam Dar and Nikki Storm do.

All-time:
The Hardy Boyz (I used to be much more of just a Jeff mark, but Matt's stuff recently has been delightful)
The Undertaker
Stone Cold Steve Austin
CM Punk (how I got drawn back in after an extended absence)
Mick Foley

Welcome! I'll ask you the first question I was asked: do you like Dave Mastiff, or do you love Dave Mastiff?

Tagyhag

1. I absolutely do not miss this gimmick heavy, good ole boys club style of matches the WWE had during this era

2. Bradshaw at the height of APA is the absolute worst (I imagine he's terrible when he goes on that singles run). The dude is nothing more than a neanderthal throwing stiff punches

But those stiff punches are amazing.

Better than Full Fail. I wish NXT TV tapings could be taken on the road, just anything to get away from that crowd, specifically the annoying self entitled regulars more often.

Emma. :(

Girl bye, that stiffness was awesome.

"Mark Carrano, who fans might know from Total Divas, kind of like the office liaison guy, approached Del Rio and Paige individually and harassed each of them about their relationship. It was indicated that the office wanted them to sever their romantic relationship."

MSL went on to say that WWE threatened to fire Paige if she did not split up with Del Rio. He said:

"A lot of people speculated if this was the reason [WWE] split them up in the draft and that's definitely what happened. The company did not want them together. They split them up in the draft by design and they threatened to fire Paige if she didn't break up with Del Rio."

As noted, Paige is currently serving a 30-day suspension for her first violation of the WWE Wellness Policy. She's also dealing with back and shoulder injuries. Del Rio is reportedly finished with WWE, after being unhappy over creative decisions for months now, and will be free to work anywhere imminently.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...edly-harassed-paige-and-alberto-del-rio-over/

Welcome, friend. Amazing list and please do chime in. We are a rowdy bunch but tend to do it with good intentions and love. I happen to think we are the best community in the forum and hope you agree.

I hope to! Won't be able to chime in live most of the time, but I'm sure I'll join in with the talking points.

Luke Harper needs to be pushed to the fucking moon when he comes back.

Welcome! I'll ask you the first question I was asked: do you like Dave Mastiff, or do you love Dave Mastiff?

From what - admittedly very little - I've seen, I do like.

Although I could've done without seeing his bare arse upon making a quick image search to make sure he was the one I was thinking of, mind.

Sephzilla

As much as we talk about HHH's reign of terror scaring off mainstream audiences, Bradshaw getting into the main event picture wasn't exactly much better. The guy who was the worse half of the APA gets a long ass world title reign?

UeUngsX.gif

JBL getting a world championship in WWE over Ron fucking Simmons disgusts me

Heroman

Banned
As much as we talk about HHH's reign of terror scaring off mainstream audiences, Bradshaw getting into the main event picture wasn't exactly much better. The guy who was the worse half of the APA gets a long ass world title reign?

UeUngsX.gif

JBL getting a world championship in WWE over Ron fucking Simmons disgusts me
Well you know Ron , was you know...

bjork

I don't know this, but I feel like JBL either helped Vince investment-wise and hit it big, or Vince thought JBL being on cable news was somehow visibility that would draw viewers in, and that's where his big push came from.

He seems like an okay enough guy away from wrestling, but his theme music used to make me go "aw fuck" and not in a good way.

Please god let Luke Harpers attire be different when he returns. The Wyatt family is done man.

I hope so too. Dude is an amazing talent, I want him to have a great future in the biz.

Speaking of, I used to be hard on Erick Rowan but he's no slouch either. What are they doing with him? I don't think I ever saw him after the family split.

Toki767

I don't know this, but I feel like JBL either helped Vince investment-wise and hit it big, or Vince thought JBL being on cable news was somehow visibility that would draw viewers in, and that's where his big push came from.

He seems like an okay enough guy away from wrestling, but his theme music used to make me go "aw fuck" and not in a good way.

I think Vince basically respected that JBL got rich in the stock market.

But JBL was always pushed more out of the two even during the APA days.

Barrage

It's not like the JBL character didn't have positive attributes-he was VERY strong on the mic, and was an actual Heel, not the CoolHeel that everyone wants to be.

If they had put him at the U.S. Title level there woulda been no problems. SD was just thin at the main event level due to the roster split and pushed him to the moon without waiting.

I remember at my old news station when the stock updates would hit, it would play the bells and my friend Ed(r.i.p) would always look at me and say JBL!

Top Bottom