• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Zach

This week is next I guess.

It's survivor series 2002. The first PPV I ever bought.

Prior to that I just searched on AltaVista, Aol, and Yahoo PPV results. I remember it felt so weird watching matches with no commercial breaks.
That's fun. But I'm furious with you for picking an event I haven't watched, you spoiling bastard. I'll probably listen to it immediately anyway because we're besties.

Zach

I have some memories of that ppv, so I think I'll write in an email for the Fox318 show.

Should I name drop wrassleGAF, or go for something more subtle like writing "that FlammableD sure is a jabroni"
I vote name-checking multiple users as if they should just know who they are.

Fox318

That's fun. But I'm furious with you for picking an event I haven't watched, you spoiling bastard. I'll probably listen to it immediately anyway because we're besties.
When I was younger I loved that thunder was on Wednesdays because it meant I didn't have to channel flip.

Glad to hear Luke Harper is officially cleared. However, I'm guessing they are going to fuck this up by having him show up on SD Live to jump on Orton only to get an RKO.

Harper should distance himself from Wyatt and become a monster heel.

imBask

Banned
the only thing mccool runs is the old folks home

tumblr_o5uzcfRdbG1sj4xr4o1_400.gif

Number of Slammy's won by Michelle McCool: 2.

Number of Slammy's won by AJ Styles: 0.

The numbers don't lie.

But seriously, I'm awaiting the day a commentator tries to make it look like AJ decided to borrow Michelle McCool's finisher instead of the reality of it being the other way around.

Number of Slammy's won by Michelle McCool: 2.

Number of Slammy's won by AJ Styles: 0.

The numbers don't lie.

But seriously, I'm awaiting the day a commentator tries to make it look like AJ decided to borrow Michelle McCool's finisher instead of the reality of it being the other way around.
Was Styles using that move before McCool?

Flair AMA https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCir...he_16_time_world_champion_2_time_wwe_hall_of/

Any backlash for wrestling after the Shawn match said:
Yes.
My problem when I went home was that I was bored. When you do something for close to four decades and you go home, you just get bored... I don't play golf, I don't do anything else...
I was making a lot of money for 56 days a year, and looking back on it I wish I had not have done it, but everyone makes mistakes.

Near-defection to WWF in '98 said:
Are we talking about during the lawsuit with Bischoff?
Man, at that point, my self-confidence was all gone. I had two lawyers and a lawsuit against WCW. If I had stayed out, I would have made so much money because as everyone knows, Bischoff went in front of 80 people and threatened to bury me. I would have been rich.
The other side of it was the WWF called me and wanted me to come to the PPV in the front row with my son Reid, and they were going to interview my son about winning the national championship, but I was still loyal to the WCW guys. It would have been really cool, but had I kept the lawsuit it would have taken years to resolve, but one thing everyone knows about Turner is that they always pay their bills and I would have been rich.
Sitting out those two years would have cost me my chance to return when I did, and to have the experiences I had.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Is "come at be bro" really Becky's thing now? She wasn't annoying enough already?

Top Bottom