• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Fox318

vVZun1p.jpg

Not really

fgeapyz.jpg

As I posted last week, the Shield was a mistake and nothing but trash. It's indisputable their net impact on the industry has been significantly negative.
my biggest complaint is how quickly they were shoved down our throats. As much as I love Seth and Dean, I think all of them shouldn't have saw any hold until maybe around this time. Dean's was good timing imo, maybe could've waited until next year even. But I guess they needed to throw new guys in there quick to fill the main event void.

They were Triple H's boys and the Shield was his pet project, they definitely had the power to make a call like that.
I forgot who it was but basically The Shield was excluded from a lot of locker room shit because they were Hunter's project. I think maybe Dolph talked about how at times they were disrespectful.

I wish Brock was around during the Pride days. Would have loved to see him face Crocop, Fedor or Randleman in their primes. Also to see if he could have outplexed this insane Randleman one

a24ebf9b7f2df0af085574076ed350f7.jpg

I forgot who it was but basically The Shield was excluded from a lot of locker room shit because they were Hunter's project. I think maybe Dolph talked about how at times they were disrespectful.
Yeah, I could definitely buy all three of them maybe being a little overconfident with their power. That Ricardo story still makes me think 'geez, that's kinda dickish' of either Seth or Dean, whoever beat him around the head despite him warning them repeatedly not to since he only just came off a concussion. It also made me gain a little bit of respect for Roman since he was the only one who apologized despite not even being the one who hit him.

Yeah, I could definitely buy all three of them maybe being a little overconfident with their power. That Ricardo story still makes me think 'geez, that's kinda dickish' of either Seth or Dean, whoever beat him around the head despite him warning them repeatedly not to since he only just came off a concussion. It also made me gain a little bit of respect for Roman since he was the only one who apologized despite not even being the one who hit him.
Yeah that who it was Ricardo. Back in the day it didn't even matter if you were a pet or not, you got punished.

Barrage

The Shield are a big improvement over the failed crop of the Late 2000's (Swagger, Sheamus, Del Rio). And i'll take any of them over Punk's toxic hypocrisy.

I will also give the Shield credit for saying "no" when they wanted to break them up prior to WM 30. But hell, those three should have said no again; ideally, they should not have split up until at least after WM 31.*

*I may be salty we never got that helicopter rappel entrance from them.

The Shield are a big improvement over the failed crop of the Late 2000's (Swagger, Sheamus, Del Rio). And i'll take any of them over Punk's toxic hypocrisy.
Swagger needed more time imo, good worker but they made him to be a joke in his run even though I enjoyed it. Sheamus and Del Rio should've been protected better imo.

Cagey

Banned
Shoot: Zack Sabre JR is the LEAST interesting wrestler in the CWC tournament.

As far as #hottakes go, that one is barely room temperature. ZSJ is two scoops of vanilla midget indie wrasslin, hold the sprinkles and syrup and everything fun, levels of boring.

That dapper as fuck little countryman of his is delightful, though.

shaowebb

Never knew till today that the night Owen died he was actually supposed to win the title. I can't even imagine the landscape today had Owen not died. He was my favorite wrestler at the time and I was hoping for him to ditch the Blue Blazer thing soon and run screaming back into the chase for top card. Hurts knowing he was about to go over again.

Did they ditch Corbin vs Kallisto as a feud?

Yeah there was a report that Kalisto was injured so the feud is dropped for now.

And Zach Sabre Jr. is less interesting than Ho Ho Lun. At least with HHL there's the intrigue of how his opponent will manage to get a decent match out of him. ZSJ had a bad match in round 1 and an average match in round 2 despite being hyped as one of the best in the world and a favorite to win the tournament.

Sabucin

I have to give that title to Ho Ho. Or do you mean of those left?

The difference is that Ho Ho is still green and he comes from a country that doesn't have a wrestling culture like England.

The sad part is that everyone knew that ZSJ was signed in the CWC to get into the finals but I have seen several competitors more fun and interesting than that skinny slim ass.

Heroman

Banned
Shoot, why is that raw rating thread a thing? It made sense when it started but now it like wrasslin GAf lite. It the smackdown of wrasslin gaf

Never knew till today that the night Owen died he was actually supposed to win the title. I can't even imagine the landscape today had Owen not died. He was my favorite wrestler at the time and I was hoping for him to ditch the Blue Blazer thing soon and run screaming back into the chase for top card. Hurts knowing he was about to go over again.
That's why they gave JJ the belt as a tribute to Owen. You'll be even more upset to know that Owen would've been alive and had another great push if he didn't reject a horrible storyline. Basically JJ and he were going to be fighting over Debra but Owen didn't want his kids to see that on so BB was punishment for him not wanting to go with the storyline.
Yeah there was a report that Kalisto was injured so the feud is dropped for now.

And Zach Sabre Jr. is less interesting than Ho Ho Lun. At least with HHL there's the intrigue of how his opponent will manage to get a decent match out of him. ZSJ had a bad match in round 1 and an average match in round 2 despite being hyped as one of the best in the world and a favorite to win the tournament.

The difference is that Ho Ho is still green and he comes from a country that doesn't have a wrestling culture like England.

The sad part is that everyone knew that ZSJ was signed in the CWC to get into the finals but I have seen several competitors more fun and interesting than that skinny slim ass.
Zach's first match, I absolutely hated him abd wondered what everyone saw in him. But his second match he showed me more and grabbes my attention. I guess you can say he has a privilege compared to others in the tournament.

Ho Ho, should've been out the first round but kept around in the performance center. He was too green to advance and maybe that's just my opinion. Shawn's brother, I wanted to see more from him.

RBH

Shoot, why is that raw rating thread a thing? It made sense when it started but now it like wrasslin GAf lite. It the smackdown of wrasslin gaf

It made sense when the ratings continued to drop and they kept on setting new record lows.

Now, it's probably ran its course.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It keeps the overly negative weirdos focused elsewhere. Much like gaming side OTs are a hug box and how dare you talk bad about X game in its own OT! It's kind of the same thing. All the people with gripes go to a problems thread.

Top Bottom