• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Why in the world is Suziki doing Indie Sleaze

C0WsGsJ.png
BOLA spoilers

LDRS final, Marty wins, American wrassle twitter angry. BEST TIMELINE.

YAS QUEEN

klonere

Banned
This WOR with Meltzer recapping BOLA is amazing

Ospreay/Sydal/Ricochet vs Cole/Bucks was one of the best matches he's ever seen live. Totally different from Revival/DIY, more Dragon Gate than a modern Southern Tag. Highlights include:
Double space flying tiger drop
Nick giving Meltz a kiss during the match
"5 Star match" chant, Meltz was told that if he had held up 5 fingers the pop would have been enormous but he no sold it like Bryan's jokes

Then he talks about that photo of him going around looking jacked, brushing it off "But I've looked like this forever!", again no selling it. Claims maybe his shirt was a bit too tight or something. and that "I'M NOT IN VIOLATION OF USADA". Then says he's "too old to be looking like that".THEN HE SAYS HE HAS BETTER ABS THAN JOHNNY MUNDO but not as good as Sydal's.

Doesn't understand why Matt Riddle isn't in a major promotion right now. Me too Meltz. Rookie of the year. Him vs Jeff Cobb doing SHOOT GRAPPLIN stuff got a gigantic pop.

Meltz thinks Jeff Cobb has way more potential out of the MATANZA character.

Chris Hero did a full Lucha sequence vs Fenix/Pentagon. As in he was playing the Luchador. Meltz baffled why Hero isn't in NXT, wearing a pants and t-shirt cos they've got Owens already. Plus he can cut a hell of a damn promo....

Scrull was probably the most over guy of the whole weekend.

Ospreay had four 4 star matches on the weekend. Meltz says he does too much though, figures that he he could be the next Dynamite Kid sadly. Which I would agree with. No gear other than 100%.

There's even more, especially about Cody but yeah, Meltz is a treasure for all time.

klonere

Banned
Does Meltzer cover and rate All-Japan stuff? or is he one of those people who say "All Japan died in 2000"

He comments on it now and then. He likes Miyahara and said that they've done well to come back from the disaster of last year. But that it's still at a very low ebb.

odljdj3.gif

tumblr_nyeoejGFNd1sk0i2mo1_400.gif

Really wish some of these women had more international recognition, they work hard.
I'm all for stiff shots but that is just ridiculous and down right dangerous.

That elbow especially, I mean they are lucky not to have their collar bone broken or their throat crushed.

Menome

So is CM Punk's guaranteed victory this weekend then? I've never watched a UFC show before, so what's the best way to go about it?

klonere

Banned
I mean there is a reason they all retire quite early AFAIK. And the training regime is absolutely insane. Plus debut matches for new girls, who can be extremely young, would probably count as abuse or assault in the west. Really wish I had bookmarked someone giffing one of those, it was absolute insanity.

klonere

Banned
So is CM Punk's guaranteed victory this weekend then? I've never watched a UFC show before, so what's the best way to go about it?

Punk has said that if he can make it past the first 30 seconds he'd consider it a win for himself, more or less.

I dunno, its a PPV and its on the main card so you gotta pay. There are many ~ways~of watching it otherwise that Google can assist with.

Zach

You should generally be upgrading your weapon enough throughout the game that you don't need to specifically repair it. Have you been using the blood gems to go +1/+2 etc?
Game is 2 hardkore. I think I upgraded it with some blood gem or something. I don't know. Come over and give me tips while I play. I'm just aimlessly doing things. "Oh, I can do this with that? Sure. Let's see how it goes..."

Marvel

could never
I must admit, Big Sexy really did rock long blonde hair well back in those says.

I liked Edge's look during his Heel Rated R run with Lita too.

Recall

So if Punk wins "Lol, UFC made sure"
If Punk loses "Punk is a twat" etc

People are all ready to shit on him. Everyone will mock him no matter what.

Which is a shame.

bjork

Yeah. I absolutely hate long hair on pro wrestlers.
Always thought HHH looked like trash before he decided to shave.

Long hair is better because it helps with selling.

Plus it looks better.

The day HHH shaved his head is the day WWE died.

Mengetsu

So if Punk wins "Lol, UFC made sure"
If Punk loses "Punk is a twat" etc

People are all ready to shit on him. Everyone will mock him no matter what.

Which is a shame.
This is why I don't take it so serious. It's like hyenas ready to bite at the chomp no matter the outcome. Knowing what I do about Punk and understanding the kind of person he is I give him all the props in the world for trying this especially at his age.

On most forums and post anytime Punk is talked about all I see is "Punk betrayed the fans and I can't wait to see his face get smashed in! Fuck that whiny quitting bitch!" Please get over yourself and keep watching your carny entertainment.

klonere

Banned
Long hair is better because it helps with selling.

Plus it looks better.

The day HHH shaved his head is the day WWE died.

Eh, I think it only helps with selling when people bleed, which doesn't happen so much anymore.

You can still pull on short hair for the cheap heat.

Recall

This is why I don't take it so serious. It's like hyenas ready to bite at the chomp no matter the outcome. Knowing what I do about Punk and understanding the kind of person he is I give him all the props in the world for trying this especially at his age.

On most forums and post anytime Punk is talked about all I see is "Punk betrayed the fans and I can't wait to see his face get smashed in! Fuck that whiny quitting bitch!" Please get over yourselfs and keep watching your carny entertainment.

Punk didn't like his work situation and did something about it, changed the situation in to something beneficial for himself and his wife.

Good for him.

He has done pro wrestling, ties to comic books and now MMA. He has already won, he has had a more diverse and rewarding life than 99% of us all who do nothing more than watch bullshit wrestling then whinge about it.

But the knee jerk Twitter Reddit age nonsense know better.

Recall

Long hair was essential at one point to help the conmunication between wrestlers be more discreet. It had a purpose and obviously had its place in different fashion/cultural periods.

Wrestling was built on the mullet at one point too.

bjork

Eh, I think it only helps with selling when people bleed, which doesn't happen so much anymore.

You can still pull on short hair for the cheap heat.

Go look at HHH sell a punch with long hair. At looks animated with less work. Bald HHH just looks like an Abobo.

Browny

Banned
Long hair was essential at one point to help the conmunication between wrestlers be more discreet. It had a purpose and obviously had its place in different fashion/cultural periods.

Wrestling was built on the mullet at one point too.

Google Images - wrestling mullets.

It's glorious.

Edit: lmao Recall

Top Bottom