• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Tagyhag

I really wish wrestling had the equivalent of the Simpsons' Frinkiac or Futurama's Morbotron.

lul9gxN.gif

The world would be a better place.

Tagyhag

If you could assist me then I'd do it.

The code is written in Go and the video parsing is done with cgo+ffmpeg.

We also parse subtitle files and correlate each subtitle line's timecode with the timecode of the screenshot. Finally, the frinkiac binary can upload the data set to frinkiac-server.

frinkiac-server is also written in Go. It uses gorilla/mux as the router, React for the frontend, and indexes the quotes and screenshot metadata in PostgreSQL.

When I understand what any of this means, I'll get back to you.

Fox318

My expectations are so low for punk I'd be impressed if he lasts a minute. Gall was aggressive his last fight and unless punk gets lucky and gets a submission in hes gonna have a bad night.

If Punk wins, all the pro wrasslin' marks will be salty and the UFC buffoons will also be salty. If he loses, they will be validated.

The best outcome is obvious.

DMczaf

When a man's heart is full of deciet...
It burns up, dies...
And a dark shadow falls over his soul...
From the ashes of a once great man, has risen a curse...

A wrong that must be righted...
We look to the skies for a vindicator, someone to strike fear into the black hearts
of the same man who created him... The battle between good, and evil has begun...
Against an army of shadows, lies a dark warrior...

The prevailer of good...
With a voice of silence...
And a mission of justice...
This is Zach.

would it really kill PWG to at least rent out a college basketball arena instead of a VA hall?

or hell stream it?

Probably considering the talent they book. A legion hall,can't be that much. Plus they get to serve beer by the pitcher.

They do need to release stuff on VOD Faster. SCI and King of trios were up day after next

Well streaming would kill PWG

Basically. They've repeatedly said they make so much money from DVD sales that if they even just focused on streaming (and acquiring all of the rights needed to do so, which would be necessary given all the talent who work or worked elsewhere) while still doing DVDs primarily, the loss of money they would have would be significantly huge at least, outright crippling at worst.

Fox318

Phil Brooks has worked you into a shoot.

it has nothing to do with Punk. It has everything to do with gall.

Lets break down the pros and cons for each of the fighters.

Mr. Brooks
Pros
  • Training at a well known MMA gym with plenty of UFC fighters having trained or still trained there
  • Aside from his Comic commitments and a few UFC events he has not had to work a full time job and train
  • Plenty of money to spend on help outside of the gym such as a nutritionist as well as other medical help
Cons
  • 38 years old
  • No prior athletic history
  • no prior wrestling experience
  • no prior striking experience
  • Plenty of injuries
  • had to go through PT and interrupted his training

Mr Gall.
Pros
  • Has amateur fights of various lengths and victory types under his belt
  • Plenty of wrestling and jiu jiutsu experience
  • NAGA Expert winner on multiple occasions
  • Young
  • No long history of injuries
  • Longer history of competing and training
Cons
  • Had to work a full time job and train at the same time.
  • Doesn't have anywhere near the level of resources punk has at his disposal for training

Punk has nothing going for him unless he has the greatest mind for picking up fighting technique ever (and I'd doubt that when his training reality show is showing him a year into training learning how to throw a jab.

Gall doesn't even have impressive striking but he's going to get a Punk on the ground and take his back and thats the ball game.

Top Bottom