• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

That's her normal hair color, so maybe she just decided to dye it back for her time off.

Ultimate heel move to spend all this time working on All Red Everything only to dye her hair black.

Verne Gagne (c) vs Billy Robinson - (IWE, 1974/11/20) - AWA World Heavyweight Title

FI6NpIv.gif
yFd2sI3.gif
twxqMyW.gif

Proper rasslin', friends. Gagne knew a few holds, but Billy was a real shooter and this is such a great match. Billy's probably Verne's best opponent so if you've never really seen Verne Gagne, or understood why he was such a big deal, this is a good match to demonstrate that for a number of reasons. Namely, Verne's strategy throughout and his selling, which is always on point. Billy is amazing too, near the top of his game and undoubtedly one of the best in the world at this point. Fantastic stuff.

Maryse is one of the GOATs. Beautiful.

I don't know if Dana Brooke makes even a top 20 for WWE Divas looks.

Let's see

Trish
Stacy
Layla
Torrie
Nikki
Brie
Molly Holly
Maryse
Alexa Bliss
Eve
Kelly Kelly
Kaitlyn
Sunny (vintage)
Mickie James
Paige
Joy Giovanni
Christy Hemme
Kat
Maria Kanellis
Michelle McCool

etc.

As an overall talent. I got no issue.

Where's Gail Kim or Lita? They're better looking than a couple on your list

Ithil

Russo would say those are just internet nimrods in the crowd. He said today that casual fans would look at Kevin Owens and go "who is that?" The casual audience knew who David Arquette was.

Yeah, he's been in at least...four Scream movies!

Jamie OD

All caught up on the Cruiserweight Classic. The 2nd round taping from top to bottom is among the best shows to happen this year. Tajiri Vs Metalik, Ibushi Vs Cedric, Nese Vs Kendrick, Tozawa Vs Gallagher, Swann Vs Dorado, Gulak Vs Sabre and Gargano Vs TJP were all so fun to watch. Dar Vs Ho Ho was the only weak match but that didn't take up much time.

Kaladin

All caught up on the Cruiserweight Classic. The 2nd round taping from top to bottom is among the best shows to happen this year. Tajiri Vs Metalik, Ibushi Vs Cedric, Nese Vs Kendrick, Tozawa Vs Gallagher, Swann Vs Dorado, Gulak Vs Sabre and Gargano Vs TJP were all so fun to watch. Dar Vs Ho Ho was the only weak match but that didn't take up much time.

Wait till Sabre vs Dar in the Quarter Finals. I forget if they did it for tonight or next week, but it was easily Dar's best showing.

MC Safety

Eva looks so much more human without the red hair.
Probably too late to start on an all natural everything gimmick though...

It also helps the sunglasses are hiding her cold, dead eyes.

I've said it before, but I always think of Quint and Jaws when Eva comes up.

"Y'know the thing about a shark, he's got... lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eyes."

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Great quality on that wrasslin, boots. Looks real goddamn nice.

Jamie OD

Wait till Sabre vs Dar in the Quarter Finals. I forget if they did it for tonight or next week, but it was easily Dar's best showing.

I saw a lot of disappointed responses to Sabre's first match so I was happy to see how great the Gulak bout was.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My son will shoot the single on you, NeoGAF Vince Russo.

I assume I'll hate your son. But I bet he's actually pretty alright, and a good hand. The Barry Windham of kids.

Kaladin

Tonight is the night.....

9 PM - WWE Cruiserweight Classic on the WWE Network:

*Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Noam Dar.
*Gran Metallik vs. Akira Tozawa.

rrc1594

If you were to take any WWE wrestler from any era and put them in their prime on this WWE roster who would it be?

I would pick HBK over last 3 years I have become a huge fan.

HBK Vs. AJ
HBK Vs. Seth etc.... It would be so good.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If you were to take any WWE wrestler from any era and put them in their prime on this WWE roster who would it be?

HBK Vs. AJ

Ted DiBiase. Still room for a money gimmick. Great in the ring. Eternal heel.

Zach

Verne Gagne (c) vs Billy Robinson - (IWE, 1974/11/20) - AWA World Heavyweight Title

FI6NpIv.gif
yFd2sI3.gif
twxqMyW.gif

Proper rasslin', friends. Gagne knew a few holds, but Billy was a real shooter and this is such a great match. Billy's probably Verne's best opponent so if you've never really seen Verne Gagne, or understood why he was such a big deal, this is a good match to demonstrate that for a number of reasons. Namely, Verne's strategy throughout and his selling, which is always on point. Billy is amazing too, near the top of his game and undoubtedly one of the best in the world at this point. Fantastic stuff.

Looks pretty manly.

Recall

Tonight is the night.....

9 PM - WWE Cruiserweight Classic on the WWE Network:

*Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Noam Dar.
*Gran Metallik vs. Akira Tozawa.

Dar is wank. Not a fan at all.

Time for me to abandon this thread and avoid those CWC spoilers.

Sephzilla

HBK Vs. AJ

Bret Hart
Macho Man Randy Savage
Ted DiBiase

Honorable Mention: Ricky Steamboat

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sad we don't get that anymore.

I agree. It's easy motivation for ANY feud out of nowhere. Anyone can heel turn with money involved, too. We coulda had it with Del Rio.

Lothar

Banned

HBK Vs. AJ

I would take HBK even right now over anyone else in their prime.

HBK Vs. AJ
Does Shawn bring his attitude with him? Well I'm still picking him!

HHH is a money gimmick. Uses his money and power to change outcomes of a match. He paid the ref to count the three. Ref could of said wtf?

Did Flair and DiBiase ever have any kind of extended run together as a team/stable? That would have been gold.

Quazi-related, but for someone who's only ever seen Ted's work as the Million Dollar Man, reading about his run in AJPW (and his later, shorter run in '93) was bizarre as fuck. Even weirder was the fact that he was paired up with Hansen.

Top Bottom