• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin 2016 |OT| - Can Punks Catch as Catch Can Too?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So I'm finishing my month of 1999 with the October PPV, No Mercy. 1999 is a great year for WWF overall, one where they could have taken off the gas considering what WCW did but instead poured it on while installing an afterburner.

I'll make a big post about it later I think.

Kaladin

Ring of Honor has created a Six Man Tag Team Championship:

The inaugural ROH World Six-Man Tag Team Champions will be crowned in an eight-team tournament that begins at the end of September. This will be the first time in six years that ROH has created a new title.

Teams expected to compete in the tournament include: Bullet Club, The Cabinet (Rhett Titus, Kenny King and Caprice Coleman) and the current World Tag Team Champions The Addiction (Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian) and Kamaitachi.

ROH’s new championship will mark the first time a major U.S.-based promotion has had a six-man tag team title in nearly 25 years.

klonere

Banned
Boots, Flammeable, will Rev Pro upload this match

Cp4I1uRVMAAH7Rz.jpg

If not I may have to start breaking down some doors.

SmackDown creeping up in the ratings, this week scored a 2.835 Million

Good shit, happy that good work is being rewarded.

On his best day, Taue can almost convince me he's the best of the four pillars, but as much as I love the guy his best day didn't come very often - I find he had two truly *great* periods of his career, from about 1993-1998 and from 2001-2006, but his resume is definitely lacking compared to Kawada, Kobashi & Misawa's.

Taue was the big strong guy who was probably the most like Baba right down to the red trunks. I like him but agree his best work is in tags - him and Kawada were amazing.

cordy

Banned
SD got that great score even when it was Ambrose/Corbin in that main event. Ambrose made Corbin look the best he's looked so far as well. Styles coming in with his headband wearing and you combine that with the fact that Slater's over too?

SD is killing it out in these streets. I hope they end up surpassing Raw.

From my very limited viewing Taue played his role of just being the most out and out heelish of the group. Misawa was stoic, Kobashi was full of fire, Kawada was a hardass and most similar to Taue but Taue was the easiest to root against if that makes any sense.

Then again that aforementioned limited viewing might be skewing my perspective a bit.

Yeah, you'd definitely see it in the Kobashi/Misawa vs Kawada/Taue matches, but a lot of the time in singles the crowd would really root for Taue as the underdog. Especially against Misawa, who always seemed to have no time for Taue's shit in any of their singles encounters.

Tell more about this 2001 - 2006 run?

Some great matches with Misawa and Kobashi, a FANTASTIC match vs Nagata and his awesome bout with Marufuji from 2006. Also, the older he gets the grumpier he gets, so random tags where he's facing upstart youngsters like Yone and Morishima become a whole lot more fun due to Taue getting pissed off and letting all hell loose.

SD got that great score even when it was Ambrose/Corbin in that main event. Ambrose made Corbin look the best he's looked so far as well. Styles coming in with his headband wearing and you combine that with the fact that Slater's over too?

SD is killing it out in these streets. I hope they end up surpassing Raw.
In views? Better nope not because odds are Vince panics and sends all of the Smackdown talent to Raw.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Ring of Honor has created a Six Man Tag Team Championship:

WWE really should have considered this during The Shield years. There are some awesome Six Man Tags all the way up until the the final Evolution/Shield match. Usually one or two good ones a month, every month, for almost two years.

SD that good now? Do they do Raw highlights so I don't have to watch Raw? Can I watch back eps on SD to catch up?
The WWE YouTube channel upload clips from both Raw and Smackdown soon after or even during the shows when airing. Pretty much all the moments get added, but they tend to not upload the full thing, so for a match you'll likely get the last four minutes, or a segment will jump around a few times.

gun_haver

SD that good now? Do they do Raw highlights so I don't have to watch Raw? Can I watch back eps on SD to catch up?

why don't you stop pretending to not be interested in WWE and just skip through the shows on online streams in 20 minutes, stopping at whatever segments you are interested in watching

squaredcircle posts the streams. we don't here but you don't need to pretend you don't google at least. it'll take two seconds to get your access.

i mean i'm sorry pal but i just don't buy the whole 'wwe...heh i don't watch that shit. i watch every other fed though' stuff.

Lothar

Banned

It's about the same. There's good parts and bad parts in both. Raw was much better this week. It's the show that has Owens, Jericho, New Day, Seth, and Sasha.

Menome

Watch:

RAW after the draft. Avoid that week's Smackdown.

All the Smackdowns up to Summerslam

The AJ vs Cena match from Summerslam

Go back to Smackdown and continue

For pure quality matches, watch the CWC tournament. A couple of dud matches, but otherwise consistently good to brilliant.

NXT: You can get away with watching all the Takeovers you've missed and skipping the inbetween bits.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is the draft worth watching? Can you link to the draft? I've never experienced the brand split ever. WWE honestly is at the bottom of feds for me. I follow it but don't really watch. Three hours for Raw, and two hours for Smackdown is too fucking long. Fuck that. One hour shows please.

Starting right after the Draft on whichever brand (or both if you have a lot of time) interests you is a great starting point.

Smackdown is great! Raw is alright, still too much. But SD...oh yeah.

cordy

Banned

SD is the better show most weeks. The first draft week Raw was better and this week Raw was better but all the other weeks SD has been better. It's also a shorter show, more focused. I'd say watch SD and then just watch the Raw highlights.

Alucard

Banned
why don't you stop pretending to not be interested in WWE and just skip through the shows on online streams in 20 minutes, stopping at whatever segments you are interested in watching

squaredcircle posts the streams. we don't here but you don't need to pretend you don't at least. it'll take two seconds to get your access.

i mean i'm sorry pal but i just don't buy the whole 'wwe...heh i don't watch that shit. i watch every other fed though' stuff.

I think many always follow from the periphery. I went 6-8 months only following the WWE through podcasts because the actual shows sounded dull. After last week's Smackdown, I'm more on board again. Gonna give them a chance for a few months and see what develops.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Neo Vince McMahon?

More like Shameless Sunflower. Welching on an honor bet just because some pretty face wore scrubs on Monday night. Won't honor this bet, won't leave for a year after Punk gets punked.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

squaredcircle posts the streams. we don't here but you don't need to pretend you don't google at least. it'll take two seconds to get your access.

No need for this, Reddit is a shitpit and not worth visiting, don't make assumptions like this!

We accept everyone. Even all bad wredditors.

Neo Vince McMahon?

More like Shameless Sunflower. Welching on an honor bet just because some pretty face wore scrubs on Monday night. Won't honor this bet, won't leave for a year after Punk gets punked.

Find me the bet receipts. It was a work, brother.

Uhhhh.

Other feds are easier to get into. With other feds, all I have to do is go to my last watched show. WWE, with all of its amount of content, has highs and lows. It's a much less safe bet thing.

Sometimes getting caught up on WWE is like getting back into fucking comic books. They've got Raw, Smackdown, the PPVs, all of this shit. The reason I'm asking is because I need a point of reference. Since I haven't watched WWE in months, and I fully flat out fucking said that Kevin Owens as Universal champ interests me to the point where I wanna catch up on WWE. I never said I have no interest in WWE. That's just your WWE mark watching ass getting panties in a bunch and putting words in my mouth.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Uhhhh.

Other feds are easier to get into. With other feds, all I have to do is go to my last watched show. WWE, with all of its amount of content, has highs and lows. It's a much less safe bet thing.

Sometimes getting caught up on WWE is like getting back into fucking comic books. They've got Raw, Smackdown, the PPVs, all of this shit. The reason I'm asking is because I need a point of reference. Since I haven't watched WWE in months, and I fully flat out fucking said that Kevin Owens as Universal champ interests me, I wanna catch up on WWE. I never said I have no interest in WWE. That's just your WWE mark watching ass getting panties in a bunch.

It helps that NJPW tells the majority of its stories in the ring. I love that so much about them. So accessible.

klonere

Banned
Uhhhh.

Sometimes getting caught up on WWE is like getting back into fucking comic books. They've got Raw, Smackdown, the PPVs, all of this shit. The reason I'm asking is because I need a point of reference. Since I haven't watched WWE in months, and I fully flat out fucking said that Kevin Owens as Universal champ interests me to the point where I wanna catch up on WWE. I never said I have no interest in WWE. That's just your WWE mark watching ass getting panties in a bunch and putting words in my mouth.

Did you watch the G1? Have you accepted Kenny Omega as your wrestling lord and savior?

gun_haver

Uhhhh.

it's okay pal. i won't fight you any longer. it just hit me the wrong way.

notworksafe

Uhhhh.

Watch the draft, then watch Smackdown and Smackdown PPVs. Fuck everything else. Raw looks like its still going to be the Steph and HHH show, but this time starring Kevin Owens instead of Seth and Roman.

Okay. Here's the plan.

Get WWE Network again. Watch the Takeovers I've missed and then watch from NXT Brooklyn 16 to current. Watch Draft stuff on YouTube. Then Smackdown stuff I guess?

Get NJPW World again. Watch Wrestle Kingdom until current.

I'll wait for Lucha season 2 to finish to watch it.

This shouldn't take too long to catch up.

Okay. Here's the plan.

Get WWE Network again. Watch the Takeovers I've missed and then watch from NXT Brooklyn 16 to current. Watch Draft stuff on YouTube. Then Smackdown stuff I guess?

Get NJPW World again. Watch Wrestle Kingdom until current.

I'll wait for Lucha season 2 to finish to watch it.

This shouldn't take too long to catch up.

That's actually the best thing you can do.

Top Bottom