• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin' 2016 |OT2| Sometimes You Just Need to Shoot for a Double

Fox318

I remember when Raw was the most anticipated show to watch. Now it's an afterthought/laughingstock. When did it go south?

PG to get linda elected(not saying that wrestling has to be R just their switch wasn't because of creative)
Death of WCW so Vince could put whatever he wants on
Show is now about getting the brand and Steph over
3 hours is too much to ask from your fans

So since HHHs reign of terror?

So then what year would you guys say Raw stopped being consistently great? I would say '02 but the Batista storyline was a fantastic slow burn until '04.

So then what year would you guys say Raw stopped being consistently great? I would say '02 but the Batista storyline was a fantastic slow burn until '04.

Again, up to 50% of almost every RAW in history has been utter crap and just as bad as what you saw on RAW this week. The whole 'Old Day' segment from the other week? That was every other segment on RAW during the Russo era. Yeah, the Austin, Rock, and McMahon segments were usually pretty good. But, the rest of the show was pointless five minute matches, title switches for no reason, women getting stripped or stunned, or the same people fighting over and over again.

But again, that's wrestling. Most of it is mediocre and easily forgettable.

Again, up to 50% of almost every RAW in history has been utter crap and just as bad as what you saw on RAW this week. The whole 'Old Day' segment from the other week? That was every other segment on RAW during the Russo era. Yeah, the Austin, Rock, and McMahon segments were usually pretty good. But, the rest of the show was pointless five minute matches, title switches for no reason, women getting stripped or stunned, or the same people fighting over and over again.

But again, that's wrestling. Most of it is mediocre and easily forgettable.
I completely disagree with that especially after rewatching the attitude era years back, there were a lot more entertaining segments compared to the drag Raw has been especially with three hours.

The Old Day segment was once every few years level of bad.

I completely disagree with that especially after rewatching the attitude era years back, there were a lot more entertaining segments compared to the drag Raw has been especially with three hours.

The Titus O'Neal promo/segment was just as bad and that happened a few weeks before.

I mean, maybe you just have a low bar or maybe it's the fact I wasn't entertained by Crash TV back in 1999 either, but those segments are as dated as a frosted tip hairdo today.

Yes, there was more entertaining segments because Vince, Austin, Rock (and to a lesser extent), Foley was around, but the midcard was the same dross it's always been. Yes, everybody had a "story", but it was crap and pointless in the long run, because everybody forget it two months later when somebody had to turn in a SWERVE~!.

I mean, maybe you just have a low bar or maybe it's the fact I wasn't entertained by Crash TV back in 1999 either, but those segments are as dated as a frosted tip hairdo today.

Yes, there was more entertaining segments because Vince, Austin, Rock (and to a lesser extent), Foley was around, but the midcard was the same dross it's always been. Yes, everybody had a "story", but it was crap and pointless in the long run, because everybody forget it two months later when somebody had to turn in a SWERVE~!.
My bar is fine and if everyone had a compelling enough story, like you said, and the crowd was into it, that's what I call good TV, not comparable to current raw.

Raw used to be a good to mediocre TV show, now it is a bad to terri bad TV show.
SD had a mediocre show a few weeks ago during the week Kevin won, but the writing is still consistent enough to keep you watching, not stretches of shows where you wonder why you're even bothering.

Am I the only one that hates the fact that Cena is losing as much as he is recently?

Beating John should still be a big deal, I feel like they're catering too much to the people that still despise him from the time he was SuperCena.

But now even Ambrose is getting clean wins? Fuck outta here.

seeing current pics of Johnny Cage almost has me as shook as seeing current pics of Lex Luger
VH5p1D0.png

Verendus

Banned
I'm sorry. What did I just hear? Ambrose beat Cena clean?

This is against prophecy. Cena should be looking stronger than ever until Roman beats him. I let it slide that AJ beat him since we have to look towards the future a little, but Ambrose?

This is crazy, friends. This is insane. This would be like believing your whole life you're black, but then it turns out you're white.

Sometimes it's nice to look back.
Last November
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=185176538&highlight=apollo+crews+future#post185176538
Apollo Crews really does seem like he has all the potential in the world to be the next big mega star. He's got tons of in-ring talent, he seems like a really good talker, and he has THE LOOK.

Honestly while Vince and most of creative still seem like a giant hurdle right now, between the talent on the current roster and alot of the NXT talent that's on the way I honestly think WWE could have a fucking great roster soon. If booked right this could be a new big age for them.
smash cut to
August 2nd SD was his last TV win (vs. Corbin and Kalisto in a triple threat)

ReiGun

Watching the first hour of SD since I missed it. Does anyone on the roster have weaker finishers than Dolph? Dude has the Fame Asser, a Super Kick, and the Zig Zag and pretty much none of them ever end a match.

So I guess Apollo Crews is the glorified jobber of Smackdown now eh? They could at least start building him up to take the IC title from Miz.

Top Bottom