• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

KhsMkpO.gif

giphy.gif

Welcome back, Sunny!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the kind welcome back, WrassleGAF. Plenty of new faces, and I'm a new face to them too.

See what you did , Brisitsh Monsoon?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1431383

Q: How was the Mae Young Classic, y'all?

Good and bad.

The bad:
- Most matches haven't been very good
- Somehow, we've seen multiple spears from smaller women to hoss women, and this bends my brain
- Commentary is bottom tier trash garbage
- Crowd is crap

The good:
+ Rhea Ripley
+ Many different nations represented, so they say
+ Lots of different looks

pCPZh8Y.png

Sephzilla

If everyone took my wishes to heart, I bet WrassleGAF has had a great year. I know Sephzilla has been doing GWF which is pretty great. Who's been organizing the viewing parties where we all sync up and watch important, seminal matches or entire cards together and discuss? Where's the official WrassleGAF Discord? And who's been working on promotion? Looking forward to seeing all the progress in here I wasn't able to see due to not being an active member, NeoGAF doesn't let you access the email tags and such so I just glossed over it all.

That reminds me.

*Moves someone back to "Active Roster" status*

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That reminds me.

*Moves someone back to "Active Roster" status*

Nice. What's the word on the viewing parties and Discord status? Anything? Most Community threads embed that info in email quote tags, but I'm not seeing anything (and let's be honest, this OT looks...rickety)

Sarah Logan's one of my faves from the MYC, she's great. Kay Lee Ray as well, shouldn't have lost to Sugi - also, KLR vs Mercedes would've been a much better 2nd round match. Alpha Female shouldn't have gone out in the first round either, out of all the characters in the tournament she did the best presenting herself.

Just according to keikaku
keikaku means plan

Sephzilla

I beat Destiny 2's story stuff yesterday, that's the most fun I've had with a shooter kideo game since DOOM. Definitely like this game a fuckton more than Destiny 1

Nice. What's the word on the viewing parties and Discord status? Anything? Most Community threads embed that info in email quote tags, but I'm not seeing anything (and let's be honest, this OT looks...rickety)

Are we talking about GWF or normal wrasslin' stuff?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sarah Logan's one of my faves from the MYC, she's great. Kay Lee Ray as well, shouldn't have lost to Sugi - also, KLR vs Mercedes would've been a much better 2nd round match. Alpha Female shouldn't have gone out in the first round either, out of all the characters in the tournament she did the best presenting herself.

From what I could tell, a lot of the 'upsets' were due to having prior commitments. However, since they taped a big battery at the start, they could have had some progress.

That said, the upset to Alpha (and my god, was she over with that crowd or what? Instantly over) did give whatshername with the waist cape some more exposure. Really helps my argument when I can't remember her name.

Apparently Alpha Female has signed with WWE.

As she should. Instantly over, looks awesome, is awesome. Great match. Let's just forget her TNA days.

Heroman

Banned
I beat Destiny 2's story stuff yesterday, that's the most fun I've had with a shooter kideo game since DOOM. Definitely like this game a fuckton more than Destiny 1

Really ? I almost done with and was bored for 90% of it. It basically Destiny 1.5.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Normal wrasslin' stuff. Did the viewing
Nitro
parties fizzle out?

Who's running this place? Who took the helm to direct WrassleGAF in 2017? Who's the most clued in to this community and its wants and needs?

Sephzilla

Remember the GWF?

On that note GWF8 information should be coming out this week. Life has finally started settling back into place

Normal wrasslin' stuff. Did the viewing
Nitro
parties fizzle out?

Who's running this place? Who took the helm to direct WrassleGAF in 2017? Who's the most clued in to this community and its wants and needs?

I never knew about that in the first place, tbh

We're a rudderless ship, the inmates are running the asylum, and other mixed idioms.

That said, the upset to Alpha (and my god, was she over with that crowd or what? Instantly over) did give whatshername with the waist cape some more exposure. Really helps my argument when I can't remember her name.

Abbey Laith, not a hugely memorable name tbf. She's a good wrestler, but her character was really lacking, especially compared to Alpha.

Sephzilla

To me , I just got the feeling of deja Vu since there are barely any new enemie types and boring locations, not to mention the generic story.

The lack of new enemy types doesn't really bother me much. Halo 2 didn't really add much over Halo 1, for example. It's more that every enemy type that already existed feels like they're used better.

The main villain of Destiny 2 still looks like a Halo Grunt that found Jinder's juice supply

I don't think I will bother with Destiny 2. I didn't like the first game, I am back at work and studying soon, Path of Exile is destroying my life and Divinity Original Sin 2 comes out in a few days. I still need to pick up War of the Chosen too.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I was voted Director of the WrassleGAF Executive Committee.

This sounds fair to me.

I never saw her in TNA, to be honest. Just her stuff in Stardom and some European promotions. Also Rizin.

Nevertheless she is an awesome hire and I hope she does well with them.

As long as the booking falls in line, she's got all the tools she needs to be amazing there.

Heroman

Banned
The lack of new enemy types doesn't really bother me much. Halo 2 didn't really add much over Halo 1, for example. It's more that every enemy type that already existed feels like they're used better.

The main villain of Destiny 2 still looks like a Halo Grunt that found Jinder's juice supply
Sure but in Halo the goal of the game wasn't to run the same mission with the same type of enemies over and over again. In Destiny 1 I probably killed more fallen then all the enemy types in Halo 1 2 3 combined.

Can it be?! Is it him?! ... IT IS!

OHHHHH my!

Yeah, Rhea has quite a great potential future.

Apparently Alpha Female has signed with WWE.

Good.

I think the tournament could've probably been set up better even with the finals being the same. Did Kairi work with Shayna in Stardom? I know Io did.

Also, I was thinking the other day that if Paige ever actually comes back it seems like an alliance with Emma would be the logical route to take considering how both have pretty much been retconned out of it as the starting point of this "revolution" or evolution or whatever branding stamp that's been placed on it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wwe really should do a Hoss Invitational

I don't think they need to. I think it's very telling that the main event scene on Raw is full of big bruisers. I like the idea that shorter and smaller folks can be in the mix here and there, but it's clear that the bigger, the better right now.

Strowman's video hits over the past almost year have been pretty indicative of what people want to see and share on social media.

Four Horsewoman shit is exactly the sort of trash I don't want to see and serves as a reminder that as much as WWE play up the idea that Mania's the biggest date of the wrestling calendar, it's not their captive audience they're marketing to - it's the people who don't watch this shit year round.

Gonna laugh when Steph has to get her shine back from Ronda though, haha.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fave Five:

5. Strowman
4. Naito
3. Otis Dozovic
2. Rusev
1. Rhea Ripley

Otis is a star in the marking. He's got IT. His tag partner does not. Otis blows him away on all levels, has fantastic ring presence, moves amazingly, everything is wonderful with him.

Four Horsewoman shit is exactly the sort of trash I don't want to see and serves as a reminder that as much as WWE play up the idea that Mania's the biggest date of the wrestling calendar, it's not their captive audience they're marketing to - it's the people who don't watch this shit year round.

Gonna laugh when Steph has to get her shine back from Ronda though, haha.

I'm gonna LOVE it, for real. I love it. Steph's great. Knows how to piss the shit out of people.

Aiii

So not worth it
I still don't see how making a big deal out of Ronda Rousey is gonna do WWE any business at all.

I mean, Lesnar lost in UFC, sure. But Lesnar had an illness and just one bad fight. Plus he still looked like he looked and had his WWE history to fall back on.

Rousey however was completely exposed, twice. Her star fell so hard it must have hit Vinny Mac on the head if he thinks there's still a WM program there. Even worse if they actually have her beat one of their actual wrestlers. Losing against Rousey is like making a member of the 3-Man-Band your World Champion for half a year, complete madness.

Heroman

Banned
I still don't see how making a big deal out of Ronda Rousey is gonna do WWE any business at all.

I mean, Lesnar lost in UFC, sure. But Lesnar had an illness and just one bad fight. Plus he still looked like he looked and had his WWE history to fall back on.

Rousey however was completely exposed, twice. Her star fell so hard it must have hit Vinny Mac on the head if he thinks there's still a WM program there. Even worse if they actually have her beat one of their actual wrestlers. Losing against Rousey is like making a member of the 3-Man-Band your World Champion for half a year, complete madness.
She is much bigger star then Brock ever and her fanbase still loves her, but whether they will tune in is a different story.

Top Bottom