• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

klonere

Banned
ow

PGGNciP.gif

Foggy

Right now I'm enjoying Stardom more than any other promotion outside New Japan.

Credit to them because they were rudderless for the first half of the year, but things have really come together since the beginning of the summer. Oedo Tai's story is the best thing in the promotion and their younger talent is getting better and better. They might even improve more if the rumors around Natsu Sumire have any traction. If they can pick up Sareee then even better.

giphy.gif

Foggy

Pity Rosy seems so high on Mandy Leon.

Credit to Mandy, her matches in the 5* GP have been leagues better than the scattered few I've seen in RoH. She's been much better than Tessa Blanchard, Courtney Stewart, and Blue Nikita were last year(granted a low bar, but it's still progress). The way their social media guy puts it makes it seem like the revolving door of foreign wrestlers is to satisfy a significant representation of their audience. If these decisions are truly reinforced by the bottom line speaking so loud then so be it.

I still think catering so hard to that kind of audience proclivity is putting a low ceiling on growth. They know they can't keep a lot of foreign wrestlers in Japan, so they just keep cycling them through a revolving door which pretty much wipes out the midcard. It also makes any sort of organic builds or feuds feel perfunctory since it'll periodically be sidelined by the latest influx, so in response they typically just haven't bothered. Until they break from their comfortable state, they won't be able to grow.

It's easy for me to say since it's not my money and not my promotion but the writing was on the wall with Kairi leaving, Io being a breath away from leaving, and the rumors of Mayu's retirement. If they're going to endure they need build native stars and that's seriously hindered by their booking approach.

Menome

I was kind of done with The New Day earlier this year, but their rivalry with The Usos has managed to relight that fire for a little while longer. Despite that slight trailing off since Wrestlemania this year, they've probably been the most consistently good thing about WWE since I started watching two and a half years ago.

Syder

I was kind of done with The New Day earlier this year, but their rivalry with The Usos has managed to relight that fire for a little while longer. Despite that slight trailing off since Wrestlemania this year, they've probably been the most consistently good thing about WWE since I started watching two and a half years ago.

new day are better heel but still comedic
Really shows how the rest of the division is slacking (apart from the Usos) that even stale af New Day are more entertaining that anyone else.

shaowebb

And now for a new botch challenger. Super Calo.
This man hit the audience more than he hit his opponent.
zATzHsg.gif
Kmj8TtN.gif

KLEDSMT.gif

The guy was known for doin a top rope "ankle head scissors" but the dude was so loose that, unlike La Parka who did that move, he never looped his feet behind their head and would just look like he over shot people all the time and they'd be forced to flip like a dumb fuck to sell it...or not as Jericho decided because he couldn't tell if the dumb fuck went for a diving victory roll, a double knee, a headscissor or what. Their whole series of matches was Super Calo doin glancing overshot or undershot moves. From the moonsault that barely grazed with a toe to the plancha to the floor he essentially missed and slapped concrete on the guy just can't aim shit.
W1dyFIb.gif
EpaO0mj.gif
pGb3hxM.gif

He just dives full tilt, misses and generally runs into audience folks a lot. I think his mask's sunglasses shaped lenses mustve been too dark or something lol.

Super Calo was also one of those dudes who not only had poor balance but who couldn't catch you because he wasn't very strong. He botched often, didn't lift people right, and was sloppy. He was pretty famously beaten like fuck in the ring more than once by his opponent for being too sloppy. Scott hall was one who ripped into him and the other was La Parka who consequently ended up going out of his way to chair shot the guy in matches as they were paired up often in multi man matches. Theres even a few moments were La Parka just straight up kicked him in the dick. The chair shots were constant though. Plastic, wooden, metal, even making the poor guy take dives on them. I think it stemmed from several matches where Super Calo kept forcing La Parka's neck to whip sharply into the ropes by over launching him on lucha spots.

Super Calo. Botch master. His sons Saul and I think Omar wrestle under the names Super Calo 2 and Super Calo 3 now.
C6GKmZq.gif
OTSjCBA.gif

zcc0rYX.gif
j6bD09q.gif

3qcZvP5.gif
bRNPvgp.gif

3phluG4.gif

Syder

This looks infinitely better than the one he has in that picture. The one WWE made him looks like something a 12 year old would have made.
Well, it's pretty obvious why he can't wear that.

I'm with you though, the new 'Club' logo fucking sucks, all of their merch is tryhard.

Top Bottom