• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Imagine if he wasn't so small
tumblr_ow3cxhskyA1sh05n8o2_400.gif

Browny

Banned
Far too late for last night's music conversation, but some top choices. My first album was Metallica's Black.

Boots dropping some Machine Head is always appreciated.

Menome - Witch Doctor? Really?

And Jericho has had a great career - I can't think of a modern wrestler who has made almost everything he's done be relevant, storyline-wise. He's my Foo Fighters.

Far too late for last night's music conversation, but some top choices. My first album was Metallica's Black.

Boots dropping some Machine Head is always appreciated.

Menome - Witch Doctor? Really?

And Jericho has had a great career - I can't think of a modern wrestler who has made almost everything he's done be relevant, storyline-wise. He's my Foo Fighters.

You forgot boots' Peter Andre collection

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Malenko's personality of having no personality and being a wrassler was fine at the time

the problem is it inspired a generation of no personality having 'shooters' that now infect 90% of independent wrestling promotions

gun_haver

Showtime's online subscription numbers went through the roof though and they were good enough for Showtime to want Season 4 if Lynch does it.

Get with the times, old man who is probably in the same age-bracket as me.

I dunno if this is actually true, or if it is something that remained consistent throughout the run of the show. That comment was made pretty early on.

Recall

Lance Storm was great

He was enjoyable yet flawed. It was hard to care about his matches, at times he felt too structured/rigid in his matches though he did produce two excellent PPV opening bouts, Anarchy Rulz 99 against Jerry Lynn and Summerslam 01 against Edge.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
He was enjoyable yet flawed. It was hard to care about his matches, at times he felt too structured/rigid in his matches though he did produce two excellent PPV opening bouts, Anarchy Rulz 99 against Jerry Lynn and Summerslam 01 against Edge.

My favorite Lance Storm ppv match is the Canadian rules match from that one WCW Canadian PPV. It's glorious.

klonere

Banned
Malenko's personality of having no personality and being a wrassler was fine at the time

the problem is it inspired a generation of no personality having 'shooters' that now infect 90% of independent wrestling promotions

im confused because no personality shooters are pretty much non-existent in modern indie stuff

the closest I can think of is like, Thatcher? And he's pretty good outside of EVOLVE.

klonere

Banned
People saying (and by people I mean Alan4L) that the new NJPW Jr. team is OI4K.

People are not pleased with this development.

People saying (and by people I mean Alan4L) that the new NJPW Jr. team is OI4K.

People are not pleased with this development.
I don't have a problem with Sami but ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Tanahashi/ZSJ is a go friends

They remixed his theme and ditched the ultra edgy metal stuff, good on them

gun_haver

They should put that orange haired one on tv, she seems pretty good.

she sure does

i'm basically just vaguely keeping an eye on what's going on in the fed at this point to see if they ever stop fucking around with sasha, charlotte, becky and (hopefully) asuka and get us a main event ppv level feud going on.

that and the raw main event scene, but i will only watch matches with either joe, brock, roman or braun in them for the moment. they really set up a good main event men's div scene with that one fatal four way, especially off the heel's of joe's great showing vs brock.

as for smackdown, well. i hope aj and nak get the chance to step up properly sometime soon - nak especially, he's been disappointingly lazy his whole run except his first match with sami.

I need to see some receipts. Name a few of these no personality having shooters.

Continuing my 98 Raw watch. Kane only had the title for a day fuck this shit.

They booked themselves into a corner, but at least we got that one day as a result.
Feels dumb as fuck though that they have their big new monster heel win the belt in a match with a billion odds stacked in his favour where he doesn't factor into the finish and wins the belt while lying on his back.

Man that was actually really, really dumb.

Comcast is on my shit list right now with the internet being spotty after Irma. At random the internet wants to stop working for minutes at a time and it fucking kicks you back to the menu so it is getting really hard to advance.
Edit: seems I got a checkpoint thankfully.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I need to see some receipts. Name a few of these no personality having shooters.

Well we could start with Low Ki, and then you take everyone who wants to be Low Ki. There's plenty of them. It's just that a lot of indie wrasslers who fit this mold simply want to look like a badass, but instead they're incredibly bland.

SilentMike03

Neo Member
I know everybody likes Owen, but seriously fuck him for that spot. Austin specifically brings it up to him like "Hey you're going to drop to your knees on the tombstone, right?" and Owen's like "Nah, I don't do it that way".

Zach

I know everybody likes Owen, but seriously fuck him for that spot. Austin specifically brings it up to him like "Hey you're going to drop to your knees on the tombstone, right?" and Owen's like "Nah, I don't do it that way".
Which is arguably fine. If he executed it properly. But that wasn't even close to safe.

Top Bottom