• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

Nekofrog

Banned
yujiro actually has a pretty good build but he always seems so gassed in his matches.

edit: it's almost horrifying how much davey boy smith jr looks like his dad.

I didn't get any sleep last night. We went out about 100 miles from anywhere and spent the night in the bush.

vl2Sfxs.jpg

We ended up with a pretty huge fire at the southern end of camp and a normal fire closer to the camp. There ended up being about 30 of us on the property, it got pretty wild.

Ended up being a huge night. I bendered it with a friend I haven't seen in a year or so and it was really nice to talk with her. Seeing the night turn to day and all of the native birds come alive made my spirit feel alive again. I am really thankful and happy to feel refreshed. Perfect way to end up my break from work but fuck I am looking forward to a good night's sleep tonight.

I didn't get any sleep last night. We went out about 100 miles from anywhere and spent the night in the bush.

We ended up with a pretty huge fire at the southern end of camp and a normal fire closer to the camp. There ended up being about 30 of us on the property, it got pretty wild.

Ended up being a huge night. I bendered it with a friend I haven't seen in a year or so and it was really nice to talk with her. Seeing the night turn to day and all of the native birds come alive made my spirit feel alive again. I am really thankful and happy to feel refreshed. Perfect way to end up my break from work but fuck I am looking forward to a good night's sleep tonight.
Looks like one of those Zach meetings.

SilentMike03

Neo Member
Cancelled my sub now that MYC is over. I realized I'm only really paying for NXT and I could just wait until the next Takeover to jump back in for that. I don't watch RAW and despite SD having a good episode this week, I don't care about any of the programs going on.

Cancelled my sub now that MYC is over. I realized I'm only really paying for NXT and I could just wait until the next Takeover to jump back in for that. I don't watch RAW and despite SD having a good episode this week, I don't care about any of the programs going on.

Thanks for the reminder. Just cancelled mine again, after resubbing for the MYC.

Syder

It's crazy how unready the fans were for this.

People were legitimately hyped for this in the building... and then it started, and people saw a style wrestled in a way never seen at this level before and cemented both as the favourite in-ring talents for most fans.

What a great PPV.

Sign up for Hulu. You can get the edited down shows and NXT. Wwe still gets paid but at least you ain't paying them directly

It's crazy how unready the fans were for this.

People were legitimately hyped for this in the building... and then it started, and people saw a style wrestled in a way never seen at this level before and cemented both as the favourite in-ring talents for most fans.

What a great PPV.

it took a while for people to accept it though because I remember a lot of boring chants when Angle, Benoit or even Regal would do this style. Then again, early 2000 WWE had some very boisterous fans...

So it's pretty well known that Vince was trying to get one over on Dusty with the polka dot outfit when he came over.

Was it the same with Dustin and Goldust? Is that why he eventually had him doing the stuff with his kid and the overt sex stuff with Luna as his manager? I feel like Vince hoped Goldust would be a miserable thing but he got over inspite of it.

SilentMike03

Neo Member
Sign up for Hulu. You can get the edited down shows and NXT. Wwe still gets paid but at least you ain't paying them directly

That's what I used to do, but Hulu lost a bunch of shows I watched to Netflix so I stopped using it. I can't justify a sub just for NXT. The edited shows don't do anything for me as I generally watch SD when it's on and Raw has been dead to me since the brand split.

Too Sexy was over as far back as 1997. What in the hell.

How does this show start off with Goldust and Pillman, then go into friggin Too sexy and Scott putsky.

So it's pretty well known that Vince was trying to get one over on Dusty with the polka dot outfit when he came over.

Was it the same with Dustin and Goldust? Is that why he eventually had him doing the stuff with his kid and the overt sex stuff with Luna as his manager? I feel like Vince hoped Goldust would be a miserable thing but he got over inspite of it.

The story goes that Bruce Pritchard called up Dustin after he got sacked and told him that Vince was pushing for an androgynous character (Dustin had to look up what that meant). So he and Dustin workshopped it for some months and Vince was really supportive because he knew it would get him heat.

As for the later crazy stuff...I think that was Dustin just constantly trying to push the envelope.

Ah that's interesting. I was wondering if it had something to do with Dustin wanting to get out from under the shadow of Dusty and the WCW stuff.

Still wild that Goldust worked back in 96

Syder

it took a while for people to accept it though because I remember a lot of boring chants when Angle, Benoit or even Regal would do this style. Then again, early 2000 WWE had some very boisterous fans...
Fans have never been that good at giving the best in-ring workers the respect they deserve.
WrestleMania X-Seven is a B PPV. It's official WrassleGAF canon.
PPV quality in the Attitude Era was hot garbage, WM X-7 being as good as it turned out to be was a complete anomaly, a great bookend on the era.

Kurita

PPV quality in the Attitude Era was hot garbage, WM X-7 being as good as it turned out to be was a complete anomaly, a great bookend on the era.

No lies detected. When I tried watching Attitude Era PPVs a few years ago I was just baffled.

Top Bottom