• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

Syder

hangtime43s8y.gif
Gimmick redeemed

Hanging a racist

miserable

Did he have the hangman gimmick before going to New Japan? I thought Gedo gave him that because he's a Vince mark and thought the audience would get confused with 2 Adams there, Cole and Page.

Syder

I don't think hanging other wrestlers like that is a good idea at all but I kinda like the concept of just being the Bullet Club's executioner. It's pretty tryhard edgy but whatever there are far worse gimmicks that get over.

Pikma

Banned
I don't have any problem with his gimmick, he just fucking sucks

A mediocre guy who's only known thanks to his two friends the hulk hogan fanboys

THE GUY

Banned
Are we talking about pro wrestling or the headbutt?
The headbutt. I've always disliked stuff surrounding stiff head shots. Pro-wrestling has plenty of risk, but this is just stupid on another level. They really shouldn't be doing that since head trauma will mess you up, and it doesn't take much when it usually does. It's like one of the easiest things you can simply not do, so why do it?

Foggy

The headbutt. I've always disliked stuff surrounding stiff head shots. Pro-wrestling has plenty of risk, but this is just stupid on another level. They really shouldn't be doing that since head trauma will mess you up, and it doesn't take much when it usually does. It's like one of the easiest things you can simply not do, so why do it?

I'm just being glib. Shibata's going through intense rehabilitation right now so I'm sure he's acutely aware of what he's done and whether it was worth it or not.

THE GUY

Banned
I'm just being glib. Shibata's going through intense rehabilitation right now so I'm sure he's acutely aware of what he's done and whether it was worth it or not.
Sorry, but I'm lost now. What do you mean by this? Did that guy injure the other dude?

Foggy

Sorry, but I'm lost now. What do you mean by this? Did that guy injure the other dude?

Shibata is the one delivering the headbutt. After the match in the gif, he collapsed and was sent to the hospital due to the trauma and dehydration. He's since had surgery and has been rehabilitating the partial paralysis caused by it. Shibata's a special case because he was prone to doing those spots on top of doing 4+ years of mma where he had been routinely knocked out by people far above his skill level, not to mention all of the undocumented concussions sustained while training through those years. He's certainly a noteworthy case.

THE GUY

Banned
Shibata is the one delivering the headbutt. After the match in the gif, he collapsed and was sent to the hospital due to the trauma and dehydration. He's since had surgery and has been rehabilitating the partial paralysis caused by it. Shibata's a special case because he was prone to doing those spots on top of doing 4+ years of mma where he had been routinely knocked out by people far above his skill level, not to mention all of the undocumented concussions sustained while training through those years. He's certainly a noteworthy case.
Holy crap.

Syder

Almost if some black people would have a problem with a hangman gimmick for some reason right? I don't give a shit if is ironic or not.
but guns kill more people these days and there's a faction called the Bullet Club
wtzgU.gif

A Hangman was a real occupation when it was still used as a form of corporal punishment

Beefy

It is based off the executions from the wild west.

Do you have a problem with the hangman word game as well?

You mean in the wild west where they wiped out minorities right? Not going to answer the 2nd part because it ia stupid. Bit like me going kids like real guns because they play with water guns.

Syder

You mean in the wild west where they wiped out minorities right? Not going to answer the 2nd part because it ia stupid.
The modern depictions of Western stories tend to ignore that part. The way I see it, Westworld is pretty big these days, it'd be no different if someone turned up with some sort of Game of Thrones themed gimmick. Most people don't conflate cowboys with genocide, even if that's wrong.

Beefy

The modern depictions of Western stories tend to ignore that part. The way I see it, Westworld is pretty big these days, it'd be no different if someone turned up with some sort of Game of Thrones themed gimmick. Most people don't conflate cowboys with genocide, even if that's wrong.

I get why some people wouldn't really mind, but then people have to accept some will. I am not calling people out for liking the gimmick, I am just saying I hate that shit due to how it is associated with killing minoriites. I come from a family that has a past of being slaves and some hanged, it's obvious I would hate that shit.

Vince can finally do that Incest angle

Cagey

Banned
I don't think hanging other wrestlers like that is a good idea at all but I kinda like the concept of just being the Bullet Club's executioner. It's pretty tryhard edgy but whatever there are far worse gimmicks that get over.
Whatever the best way to execute that concept on screen is, it's a good idea for a character.

Bullet Club needed their own lame Crow Sting knockoff antagonist anyways.

Top Bottom