• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

There's nothing wrong with cowardly heels, except when that's all your heels can be under a certain height. There should be room for the calculating heel, the monster heel, the cocky heel and, simply, the heel who's really good at what they do. Nick Bockwinkel in modern day WWE would be booked as a coward, rather than the fucking BEST wrestler on the planet...who also happens to be a bit of a prick. It's not hard, WWE's just gotten lazy.

kane-unmasked.png

The only part of this that looked actually burn related was that mess of hair.

I remember when this happened clear as day because I won a caption competition on a forum for this pic.

"Sweep your chimney, guvnor"

i'm dying lmao

There's nothing wrong with cowardly heels, except when that's all your heels can be under a certain height. There should be room for the calculating heel, the monster heel, the cocky heel and, simply, the heel who's really good at what they do. Nick Bockwinkel in modern day WWE would be booked as a coward, rather than the fucking BEST wrestler on the planet...who also happens to be a bit of a prick. It's not hard, WWE's just gotten lazy.

The last time WWE had well booked and diverse heels were 2009-2011. It wasn't that long ago.

Sephzilla

In modern WWE you're either a cowardly heel or you're a heel authority figure. Anyone who actually gets monster heel booking only gets it until they cross paths with Cena

Egg0

Banned
Oh I finished Kiwami

eh I love the series but it has a lot of ups and downs and it still has a lot of the downs from Y1

Finished it last night. It's a lot rougher than Y0, but mostly enjoyable. Some of those boss fights would be infuriating without having Rush style.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Finished it last night. It's a lot rougher than Y0, but mostly enjoyable. Some of those boss fights would be infuriating without having Rush style.

Lifelong fan but I've said for years that the combat system in that series is fucking trash in boss fights

I hope Y6 fixes that

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If you're tired of cowardly heels, boy you should stop watching wrestling now. It's been a thing longer than I've been alive

Yeah, Jinder is right up there with the Midnight Express, my mistake.

Thank you.

miserable

I could watch Naito vs Tana or Naito vs Ishii matches all day long without getting tired of them.

What does that tell you? that I'm a mark like Heroman? or that these guys are just that good?

Sorry Im replying so late, my fiance got hives this weekend from using old soap, so I was taking care of her making sure she wouldn't scratch her skin off

Is this your first watch of a lot of this craziness?

I stopped watching WCW every week after the finger poke of doom. After that I would just hear about what was going on in WCW from a friend who would still watch it after I jumped ship to only watch WWF.

I know some of the stuff that happens just because it's so well know now. Hogan and Jarrett work/shot/work.

But yeah a lot of it will be brand new to me.

Heroman

Banned
I could watch Naito vs Tana or Naito vs Ishii matches all day long without getting tired of them.

What does that tell you? that I'm a mark like Heroman? or that these guys are just that good?
Mark?
Heroman?

But Naito vs Tanahashi might be the best match if the g1 climax it just so good.

Zach

Sorry Im replying so late, my fiance got hives this weekend from using old soap, so I was taking care of her making sure she wouldn't scratch her skin off

I stopped watching WCW every week after the finger poke of doom. After that I would just hear about what was going on in WCW from a friend who would still watch it after I jumped ship to only watch WWF.

I know some of the stuff that happens just because it's so well know now. Hogan and Jarrett work/shot/work.

But yeah a lot of it will be brand new to me.

Looking forward to your thoughts. :D

I'm on Nitro 157, Hall vs Luger. Hall is really drunk and Luger gets him in the corner and starts telling all to knock it off. Bischoff comes out and starts to talk to Hall. Then Nash and Konnan come out and talk to Bischoff and Hall.

Am I getting worked into a shoot? Or is this a legit shoot on Hall being drunk at work?

Zach

I dunno, Dental Plan, but you know what was a fun thing that I did? I concurrently read The Death of WCW as I watched. I'd watch through a PPV and then catch up in the book. It was pretty interesting, even though you'll see things in the book that are questionable or embellished right after viewing it yourself. But whatevz.

If you're looking for supplemental material, give it a go.

Hasney

I'm on Nitro 157, Hall vs Luger. Hall is really drunk and Luger gets him in the corner and starts telling all to knock it off. Bischoff comes out and starts to talk to Hall. Then Nash and Konnan come out and talk to Bischoff and Hall.

Am I getting worked into a shoot? Or is this a legit shoot on Hall being drunk at work?

It's a work, but a legit drunk Hall who is also playing it up,

I dunno, Dental Plan, but you know what was a fun thing that I did? I concurrently read The Death of WCW as I watched. I'd watch through a PPV and then catch up in the book. It was pretty interesting, even though you'll see things in the book that are questionable or embellished right after viewing it yourself. But whatevz.

If you're looking for supplemental material, give it a go.

Oh that's a great idea! I read the book when it was re-released a few years back. I will give it another read while I watch it.

Also, this is the Nitro where the Four Horsemen get revived and Flair comes back from being off tv for quite some time. I'm looking forward to seeing it again.

Top Bottom