• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

Xavier's ceiling in NJPW would probably be at the level of Taguchi, but that's not too shabby. I doubt Big E would translate to the NJPW style though. Kofi would do fine, but I doubt he would be as popular as Xavier.

Big E in NJPW seems like it'd be a high, but I could see him ending up as a Big Mike level when all said done. I think New Day as a tag team in NJPW would do better then them as individuals.

Heroman

Banned
Horse shit.
Xavier would be over huge, A because he would learn the language in a week.
B he has charisma and it translates through and shows.
Kofi would also be over fine, I mean hell Juice got over.
Naw
One because you can't learn a language in the week
Tand like he's alright but in Japan being a alright wrestler is equal to being a bad wrestler and the only way to get over is to deliver top-tier matches or be gigantic.

oSo0VWt.png
dumb as him having a belt is there's some marketing reason behind it

cody isn't gonna be a draw to india

Who knows who would get over or not. And how people would be booked. It seems really hard to say, for me.

Juice got over but it took a couple of years and a lot of hard work and character building. It was also awesome to watch happen.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Jinder isn't a draw in India either.

India is a trap market because they don't subscribe to streaming services. Apple Music is like the only sub service I know is popular there - because it costs the equivalent of 2 bucks a month and has unrestricted access to everything. Most mainstream streaming services have a bunch of rights bullshit that makes them undesirable in markets like India.

I would be surprised if Nakamura doesn't take the belt off him at HIAC because you're basically just left with stripping AJ Styles of the US Championship to make him get it back and I have no idea where that would go. I legit don't see how they can avoid being forced to do AJ/Nakamura at WrestleMania. They're like the only guys who get big reactions on SDL (although I haven't been watching enough to know what Roode is doing other than he's a face).

Jinder isn't a draw in India either.

India is a trap market because they don't subscribe to streaming services. Apple Music is like the only sub service I know is popular there - because it costs the equivalent of 2 bucks a month and has unrestricted access to everything. Most mainstream streaming services have a bunch of rights bullshit that makes them undesirable in markets like India.
WWE still thought he might be. They gave him the belt because of that.

My point was how Cody making a name for himself probably isn't gonna do shit for him whenever he gets back in the WWE other then maybe some more money and a couple of storylines, but he isn't going to have, say McIntyre success and win the NXT belt or main event anything.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I really hate the narrative that Jinder is only a champion due to marketing, and not his actual talent. Reinforces the shitty narrative that he's only there to fill a quota, and discounts his actual ability. I hate it. Jinder is legitimately good, and champion material.

I missed it, brother. Too busy selling real estate >_<

yeah right

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Also Cody would never take that amount of roids for a company that has to be publicly yelled at into showing his family respect. Just a baffling comparison to make all around

I just mean they'll throw the belt on anyone as an experiment at least once these days so I have no reason to believe Cody couldn't get a run if he was popular enough outside of WWE. They just aren't giving you multiple runs with the title. I would be highly surprised if Jinder had the title through Royal Rumble season when the fans who pay attention only from Jan - April come back.

I really hate the narrative that Jinder is only a champion due to marketing, and not his actual talent. Reinforces the shitty narrative that he's only there to fill a quota, and discounts his actual ability. I hate it. Jinder is legitimately good, and champion material.
I don't think so but that's just me. I'm not a fan of Jinder and I don't think he's improved at all during his reign. His wrestling is still average at best, his mic skills are bad, he does nothing for me.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm alright with Jinder breaking some records. He has been great.

WWF reportedly went to a Hollywood studio and spent a ton of money to have a mask made for Undertaker's brother Cain. It's supposed to make him look like a real-life burn victim and doesn't even look like a mask. Dave predicts Glenn Jacobs (formerly Fake Diesel) will end up playing the role of Cain.

Glenn Jacobs is still working as Doomsday in USWA and it doesn't look like there are any plans to bring him up to WWF anytime soon so it doesn't look like Jacobs will end up playing the "Cain" role after all.

So close!

Edit: Also I guess this means they considered having something for under Kane's mask instead of bad makeup.

Hasney

I don't think so but that's just me. I'm not a fan of Jinder and I don't think he's improved at all during his reign. His wrestling is still average at best, his mic skills are bad, he does nothing for me.

Yup. The only entertaining parts of his matches have been the Singh brothers bumping. I might try watching the Smackdown weekly program again once he's been shunted away from the picture.

There was this bizarre brief moment when I was actually getting into Jinder vs Nak at SS despite it being a mashup of the champ who can't up his game and the artist who doesn't feel like working today.
And then it ended suddenly with a finish that looked wonky.

There was this bizarre brief moment when I was actually getting into Jinder vs Nak at SS despite it being a mashup of the champ who can't up his game and the artist who doesn't feel like working today.
And then it ended suddenly with a finish that looked wonky.

You mean "[Challenger fights offf Singh bros], HE HIT HIM WITH THE KHALLAS!" I think literally every title match he has had has ended the same way.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You mean "[Challenger fights offf Singh bros], HE HIT HIM WITH THE KHALLAS!" I think literally every title match he has had has ended the same way.

It's tough to see matches end the same.

Hogan legdrop
Cornette distraction for the Midnight Express
Raven's Flock runs into the ring

hmm.

Ok, no joke, make that fucking call Vince. One more run for my boy.

11324483_1432711693718029_1389867753_n.jpg

Jesus fuck, that's a good look.

Hex

Banned
Naw
One because you can't learn a language in the week
Tand like he's alright but in Japan being a alright wrestler is equal to being a bad wrestler and the only way to get over is to deliver top-tier matches or be gigantic.

I would imagine being the gamer that he is, plus with his IQ and educational background he has already begun and may even be conversational in Japanese.
I also think that you lack the ability to see talent that is there, that is held back by gimmick and WWE style.

I also think that you are punch drunk from the past year we have had in New Japan, because while I love New Japan it is not like everyone popular shits out 5 star matches.

Top Bottom