• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

THE GUY

Banned
If you're tired of cowardly heels, boy you should stop watching wrestling now. It's been a thing longer than I've been alive.
I think it also depends on the opponents. When you're flavor of the week for Cena to put you down, as was the case for about a decade, it got boring fast. I think they've done a decent job of mixing it up now. I've come to enjoy Reigns a lot since he became a full blown asshole after WM32, and I think a lot of his feuds with heels have been pretty good.

Rollins believed he was the better man.

Rusev was sick of Reigns being an asshole towards him and attacked him. It just escalated from there.

Owens was basically trying to prove himself the better man. That fed into the matches themselves with him constantly upping the ante.

Strowman was just trying to murder him.

The face feuds kind of felt different too with Reigns treating both Styles and Taker like shit.

It helps Reigns bumps well, but also that the stories don't have the typical "monster of the week" feeling to them. He's more of a Rock type character than the stereotypical Hogan/Cena where they just dominate constantly whilst going through one opponent after another.

Funnily enough, I think the only feud since WM32 that I haven't liked of Reigns is the current Cena feud. It doesn't fit the asshole I've come to know in the past 18 months and so feels inauthentic. There'd be no "shoot" wars with him because he'd just attack you once you disrespected him. Yet he's here trading verbal jabs for four weeks or whatever.

I think the mistake WWE makes sometimes is that they default to what they think is supposed to work, rather than allowing the personalities to organically clash with each other. Kind of how Strowman earlier in the year walked away from Lesnar, which felt weird, whereas he's just attacked him recently. And that's hype because it's what you expect from Strowman. Part of the interest comes from seeing two different characters interact. You can kind of guess how they will, so you look forward to seeing it. I know the only reason I was looking forward to Cena/Reigns was because I thought Reigns would just attempt murder within the first interaction or something. Instead they've somehow managed to water him down to fit the same template of most Cena feuds.

Fox318

Am I a Mark or smark?

a6BmMSa.png

Pretty significant.

They had an article go up saying that Blampied was "stepping down" as on screen GM and they'd have more news, then posted a teaser on Youtube with a predictable reaction:

O31g4rP.png

Well if this is the beginning of the end, on the one hand there will be no more £10 shows devaluing wrestling, but on the other hand wrestlers will have lost a money mark which was a good source of income for wrestlers.

Not sure how to feel about this.

This press conference is over!

I'll take that as a no. You're no Zack, you're just a zach

somedevil

Raw Viewership for 9/18:

8pm: 3.123
9pm: 2.844
10pm: 2.532

Avg: 2.833

Last year did 2.684

So far into football season Raw has done better this year than last year.

Raw Viewership for 9/18:

8pm: 3.123
9pm: 2.844
10pm: 2.532

Avg: 2.833

Last year did 2.684

So far into football season Raw has done better this year than last year.

yikes at losing 600K from hour one to three though.

guess people tuned in for brock and cena and figured out that neither were going to be in the ring

As good as happens every week. It's almost like a large chunk of people don't want to watch for 3 hours.

Last year's equivalent raw had much better retention:

Hour one: 2.73 million
Hour two: 2.69 million
Hour three: 2.63 million

They're 100k down compared to last year on people who tuned in all the way through too (2.63M->2.53M)

I remember when this happened clear as day because I won a caption competition on a forum for this pic.

"Sweep your chimney, guvnor"

i'm dying lmao
man, that basically is his look there.
The stench of poverty comes with the hair as well.

Lifelong fan but I've said for years that the combat system in that series is fucking trash in boss fights

I hope Y6 fixes that

I've only played 0 and Kiwami but it's good to know I'm not mad in finding the boss side of things a bloody mess more often than not.

Hasney

Last year's equivalent raw had much better retention:

Hour one: 2.73 million
Hour two: 2.69 million
Hour three: 2.63 million

They're 100k down compared to last year on people who tuned in all the way through too (2.63M->2.53M)

Maybe the filthy casuals with no stamina were watching football or just weren't attracted to the show at all. They both ended up in the same ballpark by hour 3, they just started lower.

Top Bottom