• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I would imagine being the gamer that he is, plus with his IQ and educational background he has already begun and may even be conversational in Japanese.
I also think that you lack the ability to see talent that is there, that is held back by gimmick and WWE style.

I also think that you are punch drunk from the past year we have had in New Japan, because while I love New Japan it is not like everyone popular shits out 5 star matches.

The gamer that he is? lmao

Hex

Banned
kane-unmasked.png

The only part of this that looked actually burn related was that mess of hair.

Thought that was Sting for a moment

Foggy

Japan still enjoys it's wild and colorful characters, particularly foreigners
and of a certain color
. It's why I think a large amount of people will be shocked and appalled when Sami Switchblades gets over really fast.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't think so but that's just me. I'm not a fan of Jinder and I don't think he's improved at all during his reign. His wrestling is still average at best, his mic skills are bad, he does nothing for me.

He's a generic WWE jobber who's been pushed to the moon. He's not actively bad, he's just not actively good either. The only thing that particularly stands out is his physique.

I am so tired and done with Jason Jordan. What a horrible angle (excuse the pun)... and its just silly. Dude is awful on the mic and Kurt isn't really helping.

Miz made the segment and now they are gonna give this bust a title run.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I am so tired and done with Jason Jordan. What a horrible angle (excuse the pun)... and its just silly. Dude is awful on the mic and Kurt isn't really helping.

He isn't being pushed THAT hard, so it's just kind of there. It's better than "Enzo fights Cass for the 80th week in a row."

I also expect them to re-do the character to make Jordan a heel at some point. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the idea is Jordan turns heel and takes a bunch of shortcuts until he has to wrestle Kurt. Assuming Kurt could ever get cleared.

Hex

Banned

The best thing that could happen would be Jordan getting DQ'd at No Mercy.
A) They could have Angle restart the match when he shouldn't and possibly Jordan win
B) Angle can give Jordan a rematch on Raw the next night
C) Angle can give a match on Raw the next night to someone else making Jordan all pissy.

I would personally go with C, have Angle give the match to someone else at Raw after Jordan loses at No Mercy, and have Jordan attack the person on their way to the ring putting Angle in a bad spot.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What is the point to the Kurt's son angle?

Giving Jordan a chance on the main stage. Sometimes people whiff. It's ok. Kurt busted his ass trying to help.

And to be fair it ain't over yet. Sometimes people grow into their roles.

Angry Grimace

What is the point to the Kurt's son angle?

Vince thinks the "bestiality sex with Sharmell" storyline was funny enough to follow up on despite the timing making no sense and Kurt coming off like a literal rapist during it.

Jordan isn't pushed hard enough to get the Roman treatment so he'll turn on Kurt because he comes out to basically no reaction.

I think the whole gimmick hurts Jordan and Angle.

Kurt comes back and within a month he has a son... lmao...

Jordan's acting is the fucking worst. I would rather walk with elias.

watching the Brain segment last night with Gorilla Monsoon and I have to say that they had a great chemistry and a ton of fun... why does the WWE not still do those off set shoots like that anymore?

Heroman

Banned
I would imagine being the gamer that he is, plus with his IQ and educational background he has already begun and may even be conversational in Japanese.
I also think that you lack the ability to see talent that is there, that is held back by gimmick and WWE style.

I also think that you are punch drunk from the past year we have had in New Japan, because while I love New Japan it is not like everyone popular shits out 5 star matches.
Being a gamer and having a high Iq isn't going to help him become conversational in Japanese and be able to deliver a promo , it is going to take years for him to do it
and Xavier has been wreslting for like what 8 or 9 years on TV and never really deliver a standout prefomance.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
watching the Brain segment last night with Gorilla Monsoon and I have to say that they had a great chemistry and a ton of fun... why does the WWE not still do those off set shoots like that anymore?

Money and schedule. Lot less TV needed to be made then. No time for shenanigans.

Just use wrassler Instagram vids for that fix, but it ain't the same.

He's a generic WWE jobber who's been pushed to the moon. He's not actively bad, he's just not actively good either. The only thing that particularly stands out is his physique.

Even though I've been in support of Jinder as a heel champ, it would be like if WWF gave the WHC to Dino Bravo or WCW gave it to Hugh Morris.

Angry Grimace

Even though I've been in support of Jinder as a heel champ, it would be like if WWF gave the WHC to Dino Bravo or WCW gave it to Hugh Morris.

I don't have anything personally against Jinder, I just don't think it's worked at all. It's a lot like Kevin Owens' run with the Universal Title in that its been booked roughly the same - cowardly heel cheats to win...except not actually fun because he can only cut 1 promo and the Singh Bros. don't actually do anything but cheat.

Jericho in the cheatyface role did a lot and kept himself looking like he a legitimate competitor and not just a joke squad.

Sephzilla

I don't have anything personally against Jinder, I just don't think it's worked at all. It's a lot like Kevin Owens' run with the Universal Title in that its been booked roughly the same - cowardly heel cheats to win...except not actually fun because he can only cut 1 promo and the Singh Bros. don't actually do anything but cheat.

Jericho in the cheatyface role did a lot and kept himself looking like he a legitimate competitor and not just a joke squad.

I'm so incredibly sick of the cowardly heel trope at this point. The main reason God King Lesnar worked so well was that he wasn't a cowardly heel at all, he only stepped away from his thrown when he thought someone was worthy of getting beat down by him.

I want the #MonsterHeel era. Give Braun the title, move Joe to Smackdown and give him the title.

I'm so incredibly sick of the cowardly heel trope at this point. The main reason God King Lesnar worked so well was that he wasn't a cowardly heel at all, he only stepped away from his thrown when he thought someone was worthy of getting beat down by him.

I want the #MonsterHeel era. Give Braun the title, move Joe to Smackdown and give him the title.

I was going to say give it to Braun, but he's not really a monster heel in the sense of fans hating him and creating fear. WWE would be well served by a true monster heel again

Top Bottom