• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

tenor.gif

klonere

Banned
British Monsoon sent me down a trail of Nick Bockwinkel promos and now all modern promos sound really terrible.

Why you do this to me.

Fave Five Promo guys?

1. Terry Funk
2. Dusty Rhodes
3. Nick Bockwinkel
4. Ric Flair
5. Harley Race

British Monsoon sent me down a trail of Nick Bockwinkel promos and now all modern promos sound really terrible.

Why you do this to me.

Everyone has to find out at some point, it's for the best :)

How else would you know just how terrible Enzo is? I mean, other than listening to him or watching him try and wrestle.

Yeah Terry Funk is my favorite promo and wrestler in general of all time.

I've been watching more of his old stuff over the last few weeks than anything else.

*edit* My 97 year old grandfather just finished Funk's "More than Hardcore" book too and loved it. Gave it to him for Christmas last year, heh.

klonere

Banned
Promos:

1. Dusty
2. Flair
3. Bockwinkel (new entry!)
4. Vince
5. Heenan

It's funny, I've never seen the vast majority of the matches attached to the promos that I love by these guys. You just kinda fall into a youtube rabbit hole of following one thing to the next. Imagine doing that with any modern performer, in or out of the WWE? It's impossible.

Nobody has the conviction of Dusty, the manic energy of Flair, the gritty realism of Bockwinkel, the insanity of Vince or the quickness of Heenan.

Nobody sounds real.

Promos:

1. Dusty
2. Flair
3. Bockwinkel (new entry!)
4. Vince
5. Heenan

It's funny, I've never seen the vast majority of the matches attached to the promos that I love by these guys. You just kinda fall into a youtube rabbit hole of following one thing to the next. Imagine doing that with any modern performer, in or out of the WWE? It's impossible.
Nobody has the conviction of Dusty, the manic energy of Flair, the gritty realism of Bockwinkel, the insanity of Vince or the quickness of Heenan.

Nobody sounds real.

Nobody sounds real, that is true enough. In WWE at least, if someone does manage to sound real they end up in 50/50 booking or inane bullshit that makes it hard to take them seriously and ruins the credibility of their promos anyway.

The last few weeks of going back and watching old NWA stuff along with SMW stuff has been pretty good.

Also Divinity Original Sin 2 is probably GOTY.

Egg0

Banned
I think I tapped out of SDL around the Ziggler segment. Ended up starting Prey for reals.

Even though I've played the beginning at least 3 times now, the initial reveal is still cool.

Sephzilla

Fav Five Promo Guys

1) Ric Flair
2) Stone Cold Steve Austin
3) Dusty Rhodes
4) Million Dollar Man
5) Jake The Snake Roberts

If we're including managers and non-wrestler personalities, Heenan jumps onto my list at the #4 spot.

Fav Five Promo Guys

1) Ric Flair
2) Stone Cold Steve Austin
3) Dusty Rhodes
4) Million Dollar Man
5) Jake The Snake Roberts

If we're including managers and non-wrestler personalities, Heenan jumps onto my list at the #4 spot.

I feel like we need a top 5 yelling promo guys b/c then it'd Animal and Earthquake.

That Jinder promo, my god. It’s like creative is purposefully trying to bury him with that script

For some reason I didn't mind it? I thought they all did a good job delivering it and leveraging the tron. I think it was a little too far (as did the crowd).

Zach

I think I tapped out of SDL around the Ziggler segment. Ended up starting Prey for reals.

Even though I've played the beginning at least 3 times now, the initial reveal is still cool.
What's the reveal? I played the demo. Or some of it. I don't know. I didn't like how it played. So hit me with that spoiler.

Top Bottom