• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

THE GUY

Banned
Watching RAW now, been pretty boring so far if I'm honest :/

SD sounds like it was bad too?
Smackdown is always bad.

And Raw was indeed pretty boring this week. They were on a solid streak for a few months, but I think we're going straight to a holding pattern after No Mercy. I don't think things will pick up until January. We'll see though.

I would forgive everything if we got a No Holds Barred Iron Man match between Reigns/Strowman.

Anth0ny

Smackdown is always bad.

And Raw was indeed pretty boring this week. They were on a solid streak for a few months, but I think we're going straight to a holding pattern after No Mercy. I don't think things will pick up until January. We'll see though.

I would forgive everything if we got a No Holds Barred Iron Man match between Reigns/Strowman.

I expect wrestlemania caliber matches on all of the raw b-tier ppvs for the rest of the year

Stroman/Goldberg coming up next month

I expect wrestlemania caliber matches on all of the raw b-tier ppvs for the rest of the year

Well we ain't gonna get the wrestlemania caliber matches as wrestlemania with how they approach the event these days, so I say why not?

I feel I need to point this out now before people get legit shook when they're not watching Styles/Nakamura working a mania 5 star classic in a few months, instead at best getting a 10 minute Styles vs Jinder throwdown.

THE GUY

Banned

I think the Raw PPVs can still be pretty good. They have enough talent for that. I'm not sure if we'll have any interesting storylines though. The past few months we had stuff going on throughout the show. But I'm assuming Lesnar is going away, so the title picture will be a non-factor for a while.

Well we ain't gonna get the wrestlemania caliber matches as wrestlemania with how they approach the event these days, so I say why not?
We're getting Reigns/Lesnar hopefully. It's the most Wrestlemania-ay we can get.

Hype.

What even is a Wrestlemania caliber match?

The thing that really shits me is why do they bring back old fuckers like Goldberg now, but they didn't bring back Arn Anderson 10 years ago? Hmm?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Smackdown is always bad.

I usually prefer SD over RAW tbh

Roman cut a good promo this week too, funny how it happens when Cena isn't there to interrupt

Anth0ny

coming next month at wwe in your house: good workers, better shooters, 2 WRASSLINMANIA caliber matches!

REIGNS/LESNAR BECAUSE VINCE WOKE UP IMPATIENT ONE DAY

CENA/STROMAN EVEN THOUGH WE GAVE IT AWAY ON RAW IT'S TIME FOR THE BEST OF 5 SERIES ON PPV

JOE/KOBASHI

Promos:

1) Macho Man
2) Bockwinkel
3) Austin
4) Arn
5) Dusty/Flair

When it comes to promos, I really enjoy those that hit that realism. Really adds story to their fights. Randy breaks through that through sheer awesomeness, kinda like pre-return Rock.

Also. Why the fuck has Rey Hechicero not broken through in either Japan or US? Like, what the hell CMLL?

In one-on-one competition, it is known that each superstar has a 50% chance of victory. It's simple mathematics.
>implying everything that has and will ever happen isn't random, but also possibly predetermined at the same time

Imagine believing that

Imagine living that life

Sephzilla

Enjoy those first 4 episodes Markzilla, Netflix Marvel isn't going to work me again brotherjackdude.

Was Defenders really that mediocre? I avoided Iron Fist all together but I havent had time for Defenders yet. Plus Punisher looks like it's being made by a different show runner than the other recent Netflix Marvel stuff

THE GUY

Banned
I usually prefer SD over RAW tbh

Roman cut a good promo this week too, funny how it happens when Cena isn't there to interrupt
Fair enough.

Considering how bad mania has been the past couple of years. Calling something wrestmllemaina Calibur is a detriment
WM31 was easily one of the better Manias in the past decade. And WM33 could've been if they didn't make some boneheaded decisions like Bray/Orton for the WWE title. (It should've been Styles/Cena.) It was still an alright show overall, but it dragged in the second half.

Worst thing about Wrestlemania nowadays is that it's too damn long and bloated. Too much focus on spectacle and artificial moments no one remembers. They need to go back to WM17 style.

Short, sweet, and straight to the point. Reserve the "spectacle" for maybe two entrances or something.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Who all was confirmed to have WWE deals from the MYC competitors?

If Rhea Ripley isn't on the list, I will be sad. But she should go to STARDOM if not WWE.

Considering how bad mania has been the past couple of years. Calling something wrestmllemaina Calibur is a detriment

LOL we've had some of the best Manias the past few years, kicking off with 30

Who all was confirmed to have WWE deals from the MYC competitors?

If Rhea Ripley isn't on the list, I will be sad. But she should go to STARDOM if not WWE.

LOL we've had some of the best Manias the past few years, kicking off with 30

Pretty sure she is with WWE. She may be one of them who signed before the tourney. I can't recall right now.

I can't remember everyone of the top of my head but from what I heard 5 or 6 signed and a handful had already signed (like Kairi, Dakota Kai etc). Jazzy Gabert has apparently signed. Which is good.

So far Chapter 55 of Progress has been just-ok for me. The matches haven't been grabbing me a ton, enjoyable but nothing where I'm on the edge of my seat.

I do agree that with the possibility of BSS leaving it could make things interesting again.

THE GUY

Banned
We've had five of the best Wrestlemanias in the last five years of Wrestlemanias
This is also technically true since a lot of Manias have been pretty bad.

But I always compare to the best.

"I need to beat you, Rock. I need to more than anything you can imagine. There can be only one World Wrestling Federation Champion, Rock. And that will be... Stone Cold Steve Austin. With all due respect."

CHECK OUT MY MELODY

Foggy

That Punisher trailer got me hyped

Man, if Netflix manages to cock up The Punisher then I'll have lost faith in anything Netflix Marvel from here on out. That said, the trailer does look good, let's just hope the showrunners know how to pace a show.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty sure she is with WWE. She may be one of them who signed before the tourney. I can't recall right now.

I can't remember everyone of the top of my head but from what I heard 5 or 6 signed and a handful had already signed (like Kairi, Dakota Kai etc). Jazzy Gabert has apparently signed. Which is good.

Good, good.

And Jazzy absolutely needed to be signed. Was shocked it took so long as it was. She's been awesome for about five years.

So far Chapter 55 of Progress has been just-ok for me. The matches haven't been grabbing me a ton, enjoyable but nothing where I'm on the edge of my seat.

I do agree that with the possibility of BSS leaving it could make things interesting again.

The whole show was weirdly meh. Doesn't help that I can't stand CCK, so that soured me to begin with.

They'll really need to get something started quickly for Trav. He was booked like an absolute moron in the run up to 55, so it's hard to care about him now.

I do like where they seem to be going with Haskins, but the end result of his match seemed bizarre.

This is also technically true since a lot of Manias have been pretty bad.

But I always compare to the best.

"I need to beat you, Rock. I need to more than anything you can imagine. There can be only one World Wrestling Federation Champion, Rock. And that will be... Stone Cold Steve Austin. With all due respect."

CHECK OUT MY MELODY
That's not even his best Mania match
tenor.gif

Anth0ny

the only good mania in the modern era was 30

i don't even remember what happened at the manias after 30 besides the sting match where nwo ran in

The whole show was weirdly meh. Doesn't help that I can't stand CCK, so that soured me to begin with.

They'll really need to get something started quickly for Trav. He was booked like an absolute moron in the run up to 55, so it's hard to care about him now.

I do like where they seem to be going with Haskins, but the end result of his match seemed bizarre.

I'm on the Atlas match now which I'm expecting to be good. The intro was pretty damn sweet

Man, if Netflix manages to cock up The Punisher then I'll have lost faith in anything Netflix Marvel from here on out. That said, the trailer does look good, let's just hope the showrunners know how to pace a show.

Don't put too much faith in Netflix marvel shows.

the only good mania in the modern era was 30

i don't even remember what happened at the manias after 30 besides the sting match where nwo ran in

I remember one was in the daylight. And Rollins cashing in. Orton reversed a curb stomp into an RKO. There was a 3 minute Lesnar Goldberg thing. AJ willed a competent match out of Shane. Thats about all I can remember. I feel all of that may have been in two manias and there was one in between them. I honestly don't know but I can't remember anything from it if there was.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Promos:

1) Macho Man
2) Bockwinkel
3) Austin
4) Arn
5) Dusty/Flair

When it comes to promos, I really enjoy those that hit that realism. Really adds story to their fights. Randy breaks through that through sheer awesomeness, kinda like pre-return Rock.

Also. Why the fuck has Rey Hechicero not broken through in either Japan or US? Like, what the hell CMLL?

tumblr_mx46u083z61qec8dto4_250.gif

Sephzilla

All of the Manias since 30 have been shit in my opinion. The first half of 33 was pretty good but after the Hardy's return and win it turned to shit quickly

THE GUY

Banned
30 had Cesaro slamming that big stinky giant in front of 190, 000 at the silverdome, brother

Also the two Bryan matches, Taker streak ending

31 had FOOK ALL
It had 3 good matches, and 1 great one. I'll take that over a 2 match show anytime.

WM30 is a good Mania for Bryan fans. That's nice and all, but I don't give a damn about Daniel Bryan, because everybody knows wants to know why where Batista didn't win.

Remember when the Ronda Rousey gave HHH the throw thing and he couldn't get his heat back #politics
Only bad thing about WM31 (aside from Sting losing) was this segment. Waste of time.

WM33 was paced pretty well, but messed up in the last third because they'd booked a dumb match. I mean Bray/Orton? That should be on the pre-show.

Goldberg/Lesnar was great though. First time in a long time I've been really impressed by the camera work. Picture perfect with the surprise spear. Like two monsters just spamming finishing moves.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Complaints about a Mania only having a couple good matches/moments

Mania's been better than ever. Honest truth.

Go ahead, try to get through Mania 2. You'll tap out, god knows I always do

Mania 3 people will say "but Steamboat/Savage" - what other matches were there besides that and Honk Hoggin?

qGclMIu.png

Top Bottom