• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

Remember when the Ronda Rousey gave HHH the throw thing and he couldn't get his heat back #politics
I always assumed they had plans for a Ronda and Rock vs HHH and Stephanie match that crumbled when A) Ronda lost against Holm and tons of star power went down with it and B) Rock became way too busy with movies to ever have a chance of wrestling a full match ever again.

I'd put Foley in that top tier of promo dudes.
It had 3 good matches, and 1 great one. I'll take that over a 2 match show anytime.

WM30 is a good Mania for Bryan fans. That's nice and all, but I don't give a damn about Daniel Bryan, because everybody knows wants to know why where Batista didn't win.
Wot

Sephzilla

Wrestlemania 30 had;

>Daniel Bryan vs HHH - The best match of the night and the best match of HHH's career
>The only good ARMBAR Battle Royal and had a really memorable spot at the end
>John Cena vs Bray Wyatt was a really good match
>Taker's streak ending (which was still dumb, I think, but it was still a big thing)
>Daniel Bryan winning it all

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
https://twitter.com/MarissaPayne/status/910524737012498433

oh boy, WWE about to get that PDP hit piece treatment #standupforWWE

It's just a story. Indicative of how WWE works based on what the crowd is looking for, does not represent anything remotely defining core values stated by WWE.

I don't disagree that racist promos are crap. But to me, current day wrassle promos and what is said within is no different than a villain would say in a movie or TV show.

We'll see what the final article is like, anyway.

Mahonay

Banned
WM30 is a good Mania for Bryan fans. That's nice and all, but I don't give a damn about Daniel Bryan, because everybody knows wants to know why where Batista didn't win.
cm-punk-gif-6.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Without a doubt. A true master of his character(s). Anyone who doesn't appreciate the heck out of Foley can stick it, brother!

If only Dude Love was any good. I hated everything about that character. Made me retroactively hate Cactus Jack, which shouldn't be possible.

Dude Love is by far the worst face of Foley.

PPVs that run longer than three hours can stick it, brother!

Fact!

Wrestlemania 30 had;

>Daniel Bryan vs HHH - The best match of the night and the best match of HHH's career
>The only good ARMBAR Battle Royal and had a really memorable spot at the end
>John Cena vs Bray Wyatt was a really good match
>Taker's streak ending (which was still dumb, I think, but it was still a big thing)
>Daniel Bryan winning it all

30 is a really good PPV, even without knowing much of anything about the build up. Compare this against 31-33....

The only real bad thing about WM 30 is Bray losing to Cena when it really should have been a win because of the fact by then Bray still had momentum, especially given a month before they had beaten the Shield.

What happened on SD last night that's caused racist promos to be a talking point today?
Jinder was talking about Nakamura and no joke said 'you always rook the same'.

Mahonay

Banned
If only Dude Love was any good. I hated everything about that character. Made me retroactively hate Cactus Jack, which shouldn't be possible.

As a 11-12 year old, Dude Love was amazing.

I'm sure if I were any older I would have hated him.

Sephzilla

I'd argue that "Mick Foley" was the worst face of Foley because as a character he was the most bland personality compared to Mankind, Dude Love, and Cactus Jack.

THE GUY

Banned
Wrestlemania 30 had;

Daniel Bryan vs HHH - The best match of the night and the best match of HHH's career
The only good ARMBAR Battle Royal and had a really memorable spot at the end
John Cena vs Bray Wyatt was a really good match
Taker's streak ending (which was still dumb, I think)
Daniel Bryan winning it all
That ARMBAR was boring. Battle Royals always are. They suck. Bray sucks too. And Taker/Lesnar was a bad match.

You're left with two good matches and Taker's streak ending which was long overdue. Not a bad Mania, but 31 was better.

This ain't the 90s anymore. Wrestlemania 17 changed the game. Wrestlemania 19 delivered too. Greatness has a bar. And since then Mania is trying, and failing. But I think that has more to do with the length of the show now. It's just too long. If they kept it a tight 4 hours, they'd instantly improve the show.

Someone needs to tell Triple H that he only has 15 minutes for his match. Dude really takes the piss. His matches don't justify the length.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Imagine what would happen if an actual journalist investigated the wrestling business. Good god.

Meltzer and Pollock both do, kind of shrug and say "well, they do what they want, even though it's detestable"

I see John Pollock as Meltzer's heir to his empire, in some way. He would be a great person for Big Dave to mentor. Arguably, John doesn't need mentoring either.

Zach

It's just a story. Indicative of how WWE works based on what the crowd is looking for, does not represent anything remotely defining core values stated by WWE.

I don't disagree that racist promos are crap. But to me, current day wrassle promos and what is said within is no different than a villain would say in a movie or TV show.

We'll see what the final article is like, anyway.

Nope. Wrestling is different. It's not what it used to be. It's not a movie or TV show. The lines are blurred. Fans know who most of these people are on a personal level now. There's no excuse for "racist characters" anymore.

But that's just, like, my opinion, man.

Yeah Triple H needs to go away with his 20+ minute Wrestlemania matches.

I say this knowing there's probably already plans with one for the next Wrestlemania with Finn probably because lol Demon King vs King of Kings.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'd argue that "Mick Foley" was the worst face of Foley because as a character he was the most bland personality compared to Mankind, Dude Love, and Cactus Jack.

'corporate' Mankind was so awful.

Nope. Wrestling is different. It's not what it used to be. It's not a movie or TV show. The lines are blurred. Fans know who most of these people are on a personal level now. There's no excuse for "racist characters" anymore.

But that's just, like, my opinion, man.

I think this is where we see a big divide. I group wrestling in with any kind of fictional tale - it's clear on my perspective where I think it belongs, and your view is different. I wonder what most people think? We're certainly not good people to represent entire views. And who knows, maybe my view will change.

Zach

When I was a rad teen I was like "this sucks!" but now I understand it. It's great. It's what crazy Mick Foley wanted to be as a wayward youth. And man, when he tagged with Austin. And then his gimmicks started coalescing. Man! What a time.

Meltzer and Pollock both do, kind of shrug and say "well, they do what they want, even though it's detestable"

I see John Pollock as Meltzer's heir to his empire, in some way. He would be a great person for Big Dave to mentor. Arguably, John doesn't need mentoring either.

I mean people who haven't been constantly exposed to carnival business for decades.

Louis Theroux nearly did it but wrestling was still too big at the time and the mark who ran the power plant fucked him up.

A documentary about the wrestling business, from someone who wasn't exposed to it for ages would be pretty interesting.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
When I was a rad teen I was like "this sucks!" but now I understand it. It's great. It's what crazy Mick Foley wanted to be as a wayward youth. And man, when he tagged with Austin. And then his gimmicks started coalescing. Man! What a time.

Better team:

Hell No or Austin/Foley?

Original Mankind (before he became a more comedic relief/child friendly character) used to kinda scare me. The creepy theme, the way he'd walk to the ring while jolting uncontrollably.

For some reason I didn't mind it? I thought they all did a good job delivering it and leveraging the tron. I think it was a little too far (as did the crowd).

First I couldn't believe they were going to recycle the exact same bit from the previous week which was a complete bomb, then to extend it for as long as they did made it physically difficult to get through.

Whoever wrote that segment needs to be banished from the business

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I mean people who haven't been constantly exposed to carnival business for decades.

Louis Theroux nearly did it but wrestling was still too big at the time and the mark who ran the power plant fucked him up.

A documentary about the wrestling business, from someone who wasn't exposed to it for ages would be pretty interesting.

I fuckin' loved everything about that little worm getting shook by Sarge, I loved that it clearly showed how insecure and stupid Sarge was, and it also showcased Louis' incredible stiff upper lip.

Loved the shit out of that episode. Definitely one of the best, right up there with some of his other ones.

THE GUY

Banned
Yeah Triple H needs to go away with his 20+ minute Wrestlemania matches.

I say this knowing there's probably already plans with one for the next Wrestlemania with Finn probably because lol Demon King vs King of Kings.
He's out of control.

Longer doesn't mean better. He must understand this. Both his matches with Reigns and Rollins would've been better if they weren't so long. Shave about 7-10 minutes off them, and they could've been great matches.

And his Reigns match was just thought out poorly. It should've been a Batista redux, instead he's out there trying to school him rather than simply being destroyed. Reminded me of the misguided Orton match at WM25. Pacing matters in a match.

I want HHH on the show, and enjoy his presence, but he needs to be stopped. Someone needs to have that word. He does this way too often. He even did it with Lesnar. But like, this is clearly a Triple H problem. You can't work this damn match with everybody.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Weird how fans are complaining about HHH matches at Mania, which have been awesome.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
That was 1983, this is 2017. No reason for this to not be filmed and turned into a bigger thing for The Network

Then you would have to tape ALL live events. (I know they low key do it already but no hard camera). Canada is getting a main event of Brock vs Joe..rather see that then cage matches.

Sephzilla

Original Mankind (before he became a more comedic relief/child friendly character) used to kinda scare me. The creepy theme, the way he'd walk to the ring while jolting uncontrollably.

Manking having two different theme musics for his entrance and for when he won was always a really good subtle touch that added to his creepiness.

I still maintain that Mick Foley is the real MVP of the Attitude Era.

Top Bottom