• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

somedevil

Gimme that TV-14 goodness

I wonder if ICW is the tv-14 show.

Also, watching the reactions in the crowd of dream and black segment are funny. Especially some of the women in the crowd. Plus people Izzy age looking confused on why everyone was reacting like that.

Plus they did edit the segment a bit. Dream was in front of black when he was sitting longer than what was shown.

I wonder if ICW is the tv-14 show.

Also, watching the reactions in the crowd of dream and black segment are funny. Especially some of the women in the crowd. Plus people Izzy age looking confused on why everyone was reacting like that.

Plus they did edit the segment a bit. Dream was in front of black when he was sitting longer than what was shown.

I mean ICW is TV-14, but Progress is to a degree as well in the sense that none of the talent is afraid to drop an f-bomb here and there.

I don't think it would be either of those though, as those are listed as options in a separate question.

It's funny for them to use "ECW" as the reference because

-The last revival is largely considered a bust
-All of the ECW originals are pretty much washed up and or dead
-It's likely it's just a comparison point and not actually for a "new ECW", but they wouldn't have the licensed music or any of the violence so what's the point? Just do NXT

It'd also either be in Full Sail or after live TV so that'd be SICK

It's funny for them to use "ECW" as the reference because

-The last revival is largely considered a bust
-All of the ECW originals are pretty much washed up and or dead
-It's likely it's just a comparison point and not actually for a "new ECW", but they wouldn't have the licensed music or any of the violence so what's the point? Just do NXT

It'd also either be in Full Sail or after live TV so that'd be SICK

The weird thing is that this theoretical show would kind of have to have its own roster, as seeing a performer in a TV-14 environment with no restrictions, and then seeing them a week later (or the same week) on a PG show would make the restrictions more glaring and obvious.

Hell, it was already weird for me to watch Bate and Seven be babyfaces on NXT when I'm so used to hearing Seven tell fans to go fuck themselves.

I want them to stay far away from the edgy crap. One of the main reasons I came back was because they cleaned up the product from the Attitude era.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
yooooooooooooooooooooooo
59c318d964f5d.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I want them to stay far away from the edgy crap. One of the main reasons I came back was because they cleaned up the product from the Attitude era.
Attitude Era was complete trash. Agree. Mature content is a crutch.

Fox318

Good edge can be ok.

Like if a performer called out people on their flaws and that's how he got heat.

Think heel Bret

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Why is it that face turns always just kind of randomly happen off-camera, like a dude walks in as a babyface on some random day.

Anth0ny

that wwe survey sounds more fake than pro wrestling

like just a bunch of fanboy dreams

I don't see any of them realistically happening

Attitude Era was complete trash. Agree. Mature content is a crutch.

Mature content is not inherently bad. It can be a different kind of thing that is also good.

I don't think WWE would do it that way though. They would just make it "hey we heard you guys like the Attitude Era"

that wwe survey sounds more fake than pro wrestling

like just a bunch of fanboy dreams

I don't see any of them realistically happening

They could absolutely realistically happen.

WWE is not getting the number of subscribers they really want for the Network. Not enough to make the profits they thought they would. And it's clear to everyone (including them) at this point that they don't have much growth potential left. So the only option now is to squeeze more money out of the current subscriber base. And a simple price raise for everyone would only lead to a drop in subs. Adding another tier that costs more, but offers these things, is a way to increase revenue without risking subscriber drop-off. At worst, no one upgrades, but you still keep your base subscriber number. At best, a chunk of your current subs are now paying you $2-5 more per month.

They've done this same market research over and over again for months. Hell, they already have deals done with ICW and Progress. Signed, sealed, and delivered. There's no way they are not at least considering these things.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I legit laughed at the idea discussed earlier today that Jinder improved all of these things and deserved to be champ when McIntyre comes out on NXT and reminds me that he also did all of those things Jinder allegedly put work into except Drew is also like 10 times better at everything.

Dude came out looking like he should be on the cover of a cheesy romance novel.

Foggy

The best part of Dangerous Gate is easily Don Fuji in the main event marking the fuck out at a nearfall and pushing the ref

Anth0ny

An edgy ECW product could be cool. I'm thinking they'd probably be allowed to say bitch, shit... maybe allow bleeding? More shoot-style promos? Tackle heavier topics like racism?

I just saw the Jinder promo. If Nakamura doesn't beat him at Hell in a Cell then none of that was needed at all.

Even so in the times we live in now it's difficult to hear someone say that. Now I understand it's a television show but it also makes me wonder if people wouldn't be upset if another more classy show did something like that.

I'm definitely not trying to defend WWE and I totally understand why people would be offended by what Jinder said.

Mahonay

Banned
I just saw the Jinder promo. If Nakamura doesn't beat him at Hell in a Cell then none of that was needed at all.

Even so in the times we live in now it's difficult to hear someone say that. Now I understand it's a television show but it also makes me wonder if people wouldn't be upset if another more classy show did something like that.

I'm definitely not trying to defend WWE and I totally understand why people would be offended by what Jinder said.
WWE has a deep history of being racist and culturally insensitive. Vince donated millions to the Trump campaign and his wife is in the administration.

So, they are judged appropriately when it comes to shit like this.

cordy

Banned
I don't think that Mahal promo is leading up to Nakamura beating him because honestly Mahal's been making comments like that for weeks now. It's just that this week was the only time people caught up on it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Nakamura hold the belt until he faces AJ for the title, loses and then that sets up a Styles/Nakamura WM match. Makes sense to have Nakamura earn the belt off of Styles given he'd not only give him his best match but it would show that he's worked hard to get the belt from the best guy in the company. Jinder's also not worked with AJ yet and out of all the main eventers on SDL, AJ's next on the list.

WWE has a deep history of being racist and culturally insensitive. Vince donated millions to the Trump campaign and his wife is in the administration.

So, they are judged appropriately when it comes to shit like this.

Oh yeah I know that. I also know that Vince is the end all be all when it comes to what is said on his show. Like I said I'm not defending them at all I know how awful they can be.

Pikma

Banned
Just think about it, Vince is so deep into his own shit with shareholders he had to make ridiculous budget cuts, I wouldn't be surprised if talent now has to bring his own toilet paper during tours, including cancelling a show like Talking Smack that cost peanuts to make. Now who in their right mind would expect them to suddenly start investing in new shows that require proper writing and dedicated tapings or even worse, start paying other companies for their video libraries. The only kind of shows that are within reach in that fantasy survey are those that require little to not effort like getting Austin and a couple more guys in need of a paycheck to record some new audio for old matches.

Even those network features, they've been promising a couple of them for more than a year now and they haven't done shit, why would they suddenly implement them just because people said they'd be interested in them in a pointless survey.

Angry Grimace

apparently after his son died, ric flair would go to bars and drink from 11am til closing

i don't even understand how that is physically possible
Easily?

Full blown alcoholics can be persistently drunk for decades.

Just think about it, Vince is so deep into his own shit with shareholders he had to make ridiculous budget cuts, I wouldn't be surprised if talent now has to bring his own toilet paper during tours, including cancelling a show like Talking Smack that cost peanuts to make. Now who in their right mind would expect them to suddenly start investing in new shows that require proper writing and dedicated tapings or even worse, start paying other companies for their video libraries. The only kind of shows that are within reach in that fantasy survey are those that require little to not effort like getting Austin and a couple more guys in need of a paycheck to record some new audio for old matches.

Even those network features, they've been promising a couple of them for more than a year now and they haven't done shit, why would they suddenly implement them just because people said they'd be interested in them in a pointless survey.
Yeah, but how's your territory doing?

Hasney

Nitro 161 at the 8:45 mark The Hardy Boyz music plays during a video package about WCW being on Wall Street and having a WCW MASTERCARD. I totally forgot WCW had their own credit card.

I wonder what song was originally used.

Hardy Boys theme is from some music library, so anyone can license it. It's been on random commercials too, so it could have been that originally.

Top Bottom