• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

I mean, it's not TripleMania English commentary bad. But it's still distracting because it's poor.

The only times I found it distracting is when the wrestlers were trying so obviously to tell a story and the announcers totally ignored it. It happened a few times egregiously.

One of the ones that jumps out to me is the Reina Gonzales/Nicole Savoy match. Savoy has been out a long time with an ACL injury, and Gonzales spent the whole match working the leg. Savoy was selling it and it was obvious that the story they were telling is that Gonzales was targeting the injury Savoy was coming back from, but neither of the commentators mentioned it once.

RKRGtK2.gif

Thats a reeeeeal smooth 450.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
That's the thing, MYC couldn't even get more than one woman from Japan and we're thinking they can snag all the big boys from there? We're talking one or two max. And then some randos from Australia and Germany and New Zealand and wherever the fuck.

You can't even call that one an elbow, she just full on crashed on top of her
they declined Io Shirai and got pretty much anyone else of relevance. I'm not sure what you mean.

Draxal

they declined Io Shirai and got pretty much anyone else of relevance. I'm not sure what you mean.

Nah, they were definitely joshi wrestler they struck out on.

People like Saree and Arisa Nakajima we're confirmed to deny the WWE.

They should have also gotten some freelancers like Shida. They could also gone after someone like Aja Kong or Meiko Satomura to legitimise the torunament.

Meltzer is kinda of an issue with Joshi as he only really knows Stardom.

Nah, they were definitely joshi wrestler they struck out on.

People like Saree and Arisa Nakajima.

They should have also gotten some freelancers like Shida. They could also gone after someone like Aja Kong or Meiko Satomura to legitimise the torunament.

What's the source on them striking out on Saree and Arisa?

And I was campaigning for them to go after Toyota because it's her last year. Would have been a great veteran run.

SilentMike03

Neo Member
Given the amount of competitors in the MYC with an MMA background, Sonya's gimmick is definitely getting stepped on but I don't think that's a reason to axe her. I think she's improved quite a bit from when she first started. I don't see why she and a Shayna can't exist on the same roster. That's like saying you should fire all the lucha wrestlers on the roster because you have Gran Metalik. It's a dumb argument.

Foggy

?

There are far more female wrestlers of relevance in Japan and elsewhere that they chose not to get or weren't able to get(Saree and Nakajima for starters).

My comment was more on people fantasy booking a tournament using a different mindset than Haitch and company employ. They want it to be an truly international thing, hence all of the different international representation in the CWC and MYC. They're not going to snag 8 hosses from Japan when the most they've attempted to get for their classics were 2 apiece.

Ignoring the reality that the cruiserweights are booked like the drizzling shits, why is Kalisto now on Raw and not in the title picture there?

Draxal

What's the source on them striking out on Saree and Arisa?

And I was campaigning for them to go after Toyota because it's her last year. Would have been a great veteran run.

Honestly, the source was someone here, so I should take back the "confirmed to deny" and changed it to rumored to deny.

But yeah, I don't think the WWE wanted to put so many of their in house rookies in this tournament, but kinda had to by necessity.

Foggy

Honestly, the source was someone here, so I should take back the "confirmed to deny" and changed it to rumored to deny.

But yeah, I don't think the WWE wanted to put so many of their in house rookies in this tournament, but kinda had to by necessity.

It was elsewhere, but hell if I can recall where it originated from. It was when Regal was running around Japan earlier this year.

The fact that Asuka's relinquishing of the NXT Women's title just so happens to air this week makes me think that the MYC final will
definitely have something to do with the NXT title, even if it's not outright for the title. And because of that, I think Kairi will win. I think Shayna will be on the main roster to do the 4HW vs. 4HW stuff.

It was elsewhere, but hell if I can recall where it originated from. It was when Regal was running around Japan earlier this year.

This is the source I can find on the Nakajima/Saree news, and even it says that they were just invited to the PC to tryout, not just specifically for the MYC. It states them being in the MYC as a "possibility".

The recruitment of Kairi and Io was months and months long. It's possible they could still be being pursued or deciding.

Oh bugger, just gonna suggest maybe a few more spoiler bars around here regarding the MYC friends, my bad I guess, I said I was gonna go finish the current episodes but I'm dawdling.

Just finished the MYC. Overall disappointed with the quality. The last two episodes are definitely the strongest ones, but I can't really point to any particularly memorable matches. None of the matches were able to escape the WWE's glacial pacing that the CWC was able to escape at times. Commentary was pretty dreadful but that goes without saying.

It's a shame that nothing was better than good.

Been 50/50 on watching it because of the commentary team and the, at times, blandness of CWC

Foggy

Been 50/50 on watching it because of the commentary team and the, at times, blandness of CWC

The last two episodes I think are definitely worth watching and if you just jump to the matches themselves, it's easy to get through the whole thing pretty quick.

The commentary is truly as a bad as advertised. No chemistry, painful silences, and incongruous outbursts of "passion". It's sucks to hear JR suddenly realize he should get excited because someone did their finisher and the ref is halfway through the count. Or him dryly recite stuff off a piece of paper like calling Kairi a "cult favorite" with zero conviction or understanding of what he's saying.

I was no fan of Bryan and his "OH MY GOSH" and "I HAVE NEVER SEEN THAT BEFORE IN MY LIFE", but I'd take that 100% of the time over what we got. And if this the "fixed" commentary, I shudder at what the original audio could be.

WWE just created a new reason why their schedule sucks. Raw will be live on Christmas Day and New Year's Day!

Usually they taped those, but now they're bragging about not doing it when in reality it doesn't matter because the audience is going to be all-time low on those dates anyways. So in the end it's just the talent getting fucked over.

Adree

Given the amount of competitors in the MYC with an MMA background, Sonya's gimmick is definitely getting stepped on but I don't think that's a reason to axe her. I think she's improved quite a bit from when she first started. I don't see why she and a Shayna can't exist on the same roster. That's like saying you should fire all the lucha wrestlers on the roster because you have Gran Metalik. It's a dumb argument.

If nothing else it's good to have Sonya so you have some LGBT representation on the women's side.

At least we've found out how Beef is gonna spend his birthday this year, happy Beefmas y'all, enjoy the most filleriffic of Raw episodes.

Sexy Star posted 4 page letter on Twitter about Triplemania where she basically accuses Rosemary of being a liar and not actually being hurt.

https://twitter.com/Sexydulceg/status/904767985784471552

English Translation: https://pastebin.com/qpVnixL5

Media didn't hold back with their headlines like "She dislocated her shoulder on purpose" or "She broke her arm intentionally" affirming the supposed injury, with the only reference being the letter posted on twitter and the end of the match shown from different angles at which at no moment does it show her being injured. And on the contrary it shows her walking off on her own and using her hands to do so. Some even assured that I applied the hold with bad intentions, raising my hips to injure her, something that is also not in the video. Many people in the media and people online couldn't even match their stories. Some mentioned she injured her shoulder, others the elbow, others the whole arm.

I wasn't worried about the situation, because I repeat, I saw with my own eyes that she wasn't injured. I didn't assume, I proved it by seeing that she wasn't being attended by Medical personnel, she wasn't taken to a Hospital, there was no medical equipment being used on her or a stretcher, which is what happens when anyone suffers any kind of injury. In my wrestling career I have seen many injuries and I myself have been injured and believe me, none of the things that happen when someone gets injured happened the night of TRIPLEMANIA 25 after the Reina de Reinas match.

Draxal

carnies gotta carny.

Lita was weird in today episodes, she would make a point then stop right before finishing the point.

Top Bottom