• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

Another really good Abbey Laith match to kick off Round 2. It's funny, I never rated her in the Kimber Bombs when I was keeping up with SHIMMER, so when they fell behind I stopped watching her, then she shows up on PROGRESS a couple years later and has a killer match with Kay Lee Ray and I was shocked.

Don't understand the She's Out Of Shape crowd.
mmKKtYa.gif

The MMA 4 horsewomen effortlessly beat the WWE 4 horsewoman at WM. Alexa comes down and single handedly takes out Ronda and chums without breaking a sweat. Becky, Sasha, Bayley, and Charlotte all thank Alexa and tell her how she's their hero and that one day they aspire to kiss a boy and date without bringing their dads along like she clearly has. WM 2018 closes.

I don't have issues...

I think it's possible that we get the 4HW match at SS. Then maybe Shayna against one of the 4HW at WM for one of the titles. And maybe a Ronda singles match too against one of them.

Man, Off the wall might the best ablum of the 70s.

And Ronda vs Step will be a top tier match.

Believing that match will happen is complete pessimist fiction. Nothing has even closely hinted at that. Even when Steph was at her most TV time, and Rousey was at her peak, that match still was never in the plans.

It's way more likely we get the 4HW match and then a singles match between them. If Rousey does wrestle a singles match, I'd bet it's against Charlotte at this point.

But even then I'm not sure Rousey wrestles a singles match. More likely, IMO, is Charlotte vs. Baszler for the SD Women's Title.

Heroman

Banned
Believing that match will happen is complete pessimist fiction. Nothing has even closely hinted at that. Even when Steph was at her most TV time, and Rousey was at her peak, that match still was never in the plans.

It's way more likely we get the 4HW match and then a singles match between them. If Rousey does wrestle a singles match, I'd bet it's against Charlotte at this point.

But even then I'm not sure Rousey wrestles a singles match. More likely, IMO, is Charlotte vs. Baszler for the SD Women's Title.
This is the same company that had Shane wrestle taker and AJ and wanted him to wrestle Brock. There is nothing that can them from letting a MCMAHON look strong.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The MMA 4 horsewomen effortlessly beat the WWE 4 horsewoman at WM. Alexa comes down and single handedly takes out Ronda and chums without breaking a sweat. Becky, Sasha, Bayley, and Charlotte all thank Alexa and tell her how she's their hero and that one day they aspire to kiss a boy and date without bringing their dads along like she clearly has. WM 2018 closes.

I don't have issues...
Every Alexa feud feels like a Randy marsh dream "We love you alexa"

Well seeing as 2 out the 4 are in wrestling also. Aren't they both wrestling horsewomen?
Should have said WWE horsewomen, my bad. They're gonna lose likely since the match whenever it happens will probably be the introduction of the MMA Horsewomen so they can't do the job.

This is the same company that had Shane wrestle taker and AJ and wanted him to wrestle Brock. There is nothing that can them from letting a MCMAHON look strong.

Shane is just a TV character though. The only value he has to the company is as a drawing card, so they feel like they have to use him. Especially considering he was a genuine draw against Undertaker.

Stephanie has none of those things going for her. She's wrestled exactly one match in the past decade and yet everyone seems to think she's going to wrestle every important women's match that comes up for some reason.

Who are the other two? Are they in WWE as well?

Baszler is dope

Baszler is almost certainly signed with WWE. Rousey likely isn't, but I'm sure they want her. Marina Shafir is the fiancée of Roderick Strong. She's never wrestled before AFAIK, but she is training. Same for Jessamyn Duke.

Baszler is the only one signed I think.

DDT on there page list a way to transfer money into account for him but I don't think people in the US can do that.

Kobashi's store has a way to donate that should include credit cards, but a lot of the pages won't go through google translate so I'm having trouble working out the way through.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Even washed up, not a single woman on the WWE roster deserves to beat Ronda. No one in that company has done as much for their sport, intentionally or not, as Ronda did for womens MMA. No one in the WWE is even close to the level of draw Ronda was(and still is by comparison) to anyone in the WWE. No one in the WWE has anything close to the air of legitimacy Ronda would bring into the casual viewer(because the main goal of pro wrestling is still, despite what every indie promotion tries to tell you, is that it LOOKS real and god help you if you try to tell me Asuka is as 'legit' as Ronda Rousey because you got worked by her gimmick. Even Syuri is more legit than Asuka)

The casual viewer or MMA fan that would watch a Raw to see Ronda would tune the fuck out when they see her get pinned by a 4 foot tall Alexa Bliss devastating forearm smash even though they know its fake.
Literally 5 people in the world cared about them when they tried making it a thing, the 4 ladies in the group and David Roland Meltzer.

Sounds about as many as the WWE 4 Horsewomen

Even washed up, not a single woman on the WWE roster deserves to beat Ronda. No one in that company has done as much for their sport, intentionally or not, as Ronda did for womens MMA. No one in the WWE is even close to the level of draw Ronda was(and still is by comparison) to anyone in the WWE. No one in the WWE has anything close to the air of legitimacy Ronda would bring into the casual viewer(because the main goal of pro wrestling is still, despite what every indie promotion tries to tell you, is that it LOOKS real and god help you if you try to tell me Asuka is as 'legit' as Ronda Rousey because you got worked by her gimmick. Even Syuri is more legit than Asuka)

The casual viewer or MMA fan that would watch a Raw to see Ronda would tune the fuck out when they see her get pinned by a 4 foot tall Alexa Bliss devastating forearm smash even though they know its fake.

I agree to an extent, but then we end up with another Lesnar situation if she signs long-term where one person will hold the title forever and given Rousey's lack of training, she would be even more of a "one move and done" wrestler than Brock is.

But then again, this is the same Vince that had Cena beat Brock on his first show back because he wanted to "prove that WWE was better than UFC".

Really if you want to do it like you claim, the best thing would be to eventually build Shayna to beat her.

I agree to an extent, but then we end up with another Lesnar situation if she signs long-term where one person will hold the title forever and given Rousey's lack of training, she would be even more of a "one move and done" wrestler than Brock is.

But then again, this is the same Vince that had Cena beat Brock on his first show back because he wanted to "prove that WWE was better than UFC".

Really if you want to do it like you claim, the best thing would be to eventually build Shayna to beat her.
I always forget Brock lost his first match back.

But at least that PPV gave us the Sheamus VS DB match we should have got at Wrestlemania.

Sounds about as many as the WWE 4 Horsewomen

Which is why it will be the Billion Dollar Princess:
cfe058687c4580ea910073e8836d08beadc3bb24_hq.gif

They'll gimmick the hell out of the match, and Stephanie will pin Ronda:
d6fe96390e628d39e2cd5dfd4555722fd9facf0b_hq.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
WWE needs a tag team tournament next year instead of the CWC/MYC. The Dusty thing is too in-house. I want a weird international thing.

Mostly I just want a promotion to fund this. Preferably not the WWE but they're the easiest to watch.
IMG_0374.jpg

cshtn43w8aetfku.jpg

1280x720-Eta.jpg

WWE needs a tag team tournament next year instead of the CWC/MYC. The Dusty thing is too in-house. I want a weird international thing.

Mostly I just want a promotion to fund this. Preferably not the WWE but they're the easiest to watch.
IMG_0374.jpg

cshtn43w8aetfku.jpg

1280x720-Eta.jpg

Hoss tournament next year would be dope

Foggy

A hoss tournament would be tragic if they tried to follow the same international model as the CWC and MYC. There are a handful of genuinely great hosses out there and the rest would be filled with blown up bodybuilders and long lost Godwin brothers from random parts of the world. I'd still watch it though.

Another really good Abbey Laith match to kick off Round 2. It's funny, I never rated her in the Kimber Bombs when I was keeping up with SHIMMER, so when they fell behind I stopped watching her, then she shows up on PROGRESS a couple years later and has a killer match with Kay Lee Ray and I was shocked.

Don't understand the She's Out Of Shape crowd.
mmKKtYa.gif

Where is that gif from. I see it all the time

Fantasy book it, Data. Who do you have?

Presumably, WWE does it, so it knocks out NJPW teams. Let's say that Regal manages to get you one All Japan team so you can book the Big Guns. Let's even say that you have one Dragon Gate team full of Tozawa-like WWE marks.

A hoss tournament would be tragic if they tried to follow the same international model as the CWC and MYC. There are a handful of genuinely great hosses out there and the rest would be filled with blown up bodybuilders and long lost Godwin brothers from random parts of the world. I'd still watch it though.

I reckon you could do a CWC/MYC and scrape together 10-14 dope hosses and fill out the rest with randomers.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Fantasy book it, Data. Who do you have?

Presumably, WWE does it, so it knocks out NJPW teams. Let's say that Regal manages to get you one All Japan team so you can book the Big Guns. Let's even say that you have one Dragon Gate team full of Tozawa-like WWE marks.

only one All Japan team already throws plans into a mess. That means you couldnt have Shuji for Twin Towers, Big Guns and Sekimoto/Okabayashi

Top Bottom