• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

Sephzilla

DMC5 will save us

*Shrug*

I'm starting to think Devil May Cry is dead, especially if they don't announce DMC5 at PSX in December

Edit: GWF pimping for a new page. I'll make one more post about it this afternoon closer to go live time

A7EtD92.png

GWF 8: The 4th Quarter
Date: Wednesday, September 27th, 2017
Time: 7:00PM Eastern/6:00PM Central/12:00AM London
Where: Live from the Z-Pak Zone on www.twitch.tv/sephzilla - Replay will be available on YouTube

t1506553200z2.png

DOUBLE MAIN EVENT

Pre-Show Match (Tune in early to catch the action!)
Proteus vs korly vs UrbanDandy vs Sweeney Tom
Friend Proteus makes his GWF debut against three respected GWF superstars! What way to kick off the night

Tag Team Match
Tom Nook & RecRoulette vs FlammableD & Hasney
Nintendo Certification meets up against the new British Invasion of GWF! Will this match have implications in the GWF tag division? Watch and find out!

Singles Match
giancarlo123x vs serenewarfare
Smack talk following GWF7 prompted what ended up being a matchup of two GWF newcomers.

Hardcore Match
Sinatar vs Sephzilla
After feeling like he was robbed in his opening match, and was being dodged by the boss, Sinatar has finally gotten his request for a no-holds-barred contest against the boss himself.

Triple Threat Match
DMczaf vs Pikma vs FallingEdge
A match that includes three GWF superstars whom the front office is very high on in the World Title picture. Rumors are swirling that the victor of this match might get pushed to the front of the GWF World Title picture.

Main Event Part 1
Hell in a Cell GWF Tag Team Championship Match
The New Nation of Domination (Bronx-Man & Kornflayx) vs The Huggers of Destruction (Zach & Biggest-Geek-Ever) [C]
Beefy is banned from ringside! The grudge match from the hottest feud in the GWF tag division. This time there will be no outside interference and everything goes in this tornado tag match inside a Hell in a Cell

Main Event Part 2
Hell in a Cell GWF B+ Championship Match
Tall4Life vs RBH [C]
The latest, and potentially final, chapter in what has by some been considered the greatest feud in GWF history. These two have crossed paths multiple times dating all the way back to GWF1, with Tall4Life winning the first two confrontations at GWF1 and GWF4 respectfully. RBH planned his retaliation well, however, first by interfering in Tall4Life's GWF5 match. Following that, RBH's first victory over Tall4Life ended up costing Tall4Life the GWF B+ Championship in a triple threat match at GWF6 when RBH pinned the champ clean in the middle of the ring. Following a title defense against Syder at GWF6, RBH and Tall4Life will once again renew their epic rivalry this time in the confines of Hell in a Cell.

Side notes
-- This match card was written up about a month ago but got postponed for life reasons. Since I was originally wanting smaller and more frequent shows, that's why the GWF World Title is absent from the card
-- Main event for GWF9 has already been determined to be Professor Beef vs BewareTheBatsie
-- Tall4Life and Beefy are the last former champs who get rematch clauses

Man God

Non-Canon Member
DMC5 will save us

If not at least that Monster Hunter game looks nice

Kind of shook by the production values, like someone in management tripped and fell into accidentally signing off on a budget

The 3DS games had monster budgets. Watch the credits for those games some time, hundreds of people made them. When even RE 7 had its budget slashed they've yet to touch it for MH.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
*Shrug*

I'm starting to think Devil May Cry is dead, especially if they don't announce DMC5 at PSX in December

fine by me, old DMC is dead as Dillinger, and that's fine

Other games do it better

Resident evil 7 was this year and fantastic.

Oh right. I still haven't played that yet.

Phoenix Wright is still good by me.

The latest was a bit of a bummer for me, but I kinda agree. Even then, I feel like it has lost something over the years.

What they do these days is fuck up everything and damage all of their IPs, and occasionally put out a gem like RE7 and make you think for a moment that they've finally learned from their mistakes, only to revert back.

Sony or Nintendo needs to buy them out already and save Capcom from itself.

This is kind of what I figured was happening, really.

I'll give MH World a go when it launches on PC. The E3 showing had me kind of worried but everything since then looks good. If they fuck that up then, yeah.

*Shrug*

I don't think it is at all

But the rereleases of both DMC4 and DmC 2 years ago (?) look more and more like it absolutely was a test for the future of the franchise

DMC4 sold well, the director is working on something new, the dream is still alive. Especially with them doing RE7's "return to roots" and selling well (even if it didn't meet their dumb expectations)

If 5 bombs though, RIP

I went to PSX last year, not sure if I want to this year. I know if I don't go they'll announce DMC there, and if I do they won't. Lol

If Capcom were gonna cheap out on Infinite, then you'd expect a lower price tag....
but nope, lol £40 pls.

Team Hell No is truly the most enduring partnership.

He's a better promo than most of the roster too
He's got that heel ability to justify bullshit with a shit eating grin, a master.

6 felt like a down turn though... The magic and shit made some of it a chore to get through.

It was better than 5.
But the Kurain stuff was pretty dumb at points, I fear the series is never gonna reach original/T&T levels again.

Most of Infinite's roster is just ported from MVC3 anyway
They could've gotten away with bringing over fan favorites from MVC3 and adding a few new ones

Instead most of the favorites are missing, but fuck it right

I don't even think the DLC lineup looks good outside of Black Panther who should've been in there

They went all in on MCU garbage and couldn't even do that right

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
not really.

the only reason i have any faint hope of DMC5 still happening is because the franchise is still one of Capcom's top sellers

You really gonna sit here and pretend that Bayonetta isn't better than the DMC series? Cos man, it destroys DMC.

Most of Infinite's roster is just ported from MVC3 anyway

Except a good bunch of the fan favourites on the Capcom side because self sabotage is the name of the game.

The X-Men related stuff I understand (even then, why no Iron Fist, Taskmaster and She-Hulk?) but no Vergil/Wesker/Ammy/Joe/Wright for example? dumb, dumb, dumb.

You really gonna sit here and pretend that Bayonetta isn't better than the DMC series? Cos man, it destroys DMC.
DMC4SE is a better playing game than Bayonetta

Platinum's specialty is big setpiece fights, obviously DMC doesn't do that, but the core mechanics are nuts. I never got into playing as Dante but Vergil is ridiculously fun

Sephzilla

Bayonetta is the only series that comes close to Devil May Cry but I still put it a little short (and its a very small margin, mind you). Mainly because Kamiya still does stupid shit like jam mini-game or rail shooter segments into the game that ruin the flow of everything. Ironically both franchises got better once Kamiya was no longer the director.

Hycran

Banned
Why are people letting Seff work them with this GFW? There's only one main event. You can sell it to the fans as two main events but the main event is the one that goes on last. Now pee in this cup and shake my hand.

Bayo flows with buttery smooth combat that makes DMC feel almost rigid afterwards.
Not that it's bad but Bayo just nails it.

Of course Ninja Gaiden Black is where it's at.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bayonetta is the only series that comes close to Devil May Cry but I still put it a little short (and its a very small margin, mind you). Mainly because Kamiya still does stupid shit like jam mini-game or rail shooter segments into the game that ruin the flow of everything. Ironically both franchises got better once Kamiya was no longer the director.

how great were DMC1's underwater sections

Bayo flows with buttery smooth combat that makes DMC feel almost rigid afterwards.
Not that it's bad but Bayo just nails it.

Of course Ninja Gaiden Black is where it's at.
Even though it relies heavily on DMC style-based design principles, I think Bayonetta has a feeling closer to Ninja Gaiden. The speed/dancing combat, I like just using swords and murdering everything

2 is a way better game with less filler (despite forced walking, worse story, and dumb kid) but I think 1 feels better to play for some reason

Sephzilla

Ninja Gaiden was fun but it was never as good as Bayonetta or Devil May Cry.

how great were DMC1's underwater sections

Again, that's Kamiya stepping in and going "you know what would be great here? something that has no business in this game".

Here's my shoot, Hideki Kamiya is overrated as fuck and everything he does is ultimately done better by someone else in a sequel

Zach

Ninja Gaiden (Xbox) was the best game ever when it released. I loved it so much for a month or two.

And I promise I'll play the Bayonetta gamez one day.

(And Killer7. >_>)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Killer 7 is the anti-Bayonetta/DMC from a gameplay sense. It's slow paced and controls horribly. It's all about the story for that one.

Did anyone here like Transformers Devastation?

The RPG stuff sucks but I think it might be my favorite Platinum game. I've read mixed feelings from people though

The boss fights and music are so goooooooooood

Transformers played fine, level design was clearly lacking much budget and therefore variety but the game did good with what it had.
Problem for me by this point is that the platinum formula was starting to get long in the tooth with me.

Nier Automata just smashed that issue home by trying to dress up its weightless combat with the usual tropes like "woah, you can do not witch time with this chip and flick parry!"

Even though it relies heavily on DMC style-based design principles, I think Bayonetta has a feeling closer to Ninja Gaiden. The speed/dancing combat, I like just using swords and murdering everything

2 is a way better game with less filler (despite forced walking, worse story, and dumb kid) but I think 1 feels better to play for some reason
This is actually pretty true, both are more movement focused.

Bayo 1 has attacks feeling way meatier than 2 (especially weaves) and better bosses but I think 2 still edges it out for being more consistent.
Could've used with more arena variety though, Bayo 1 having the odd bit of cumbersome platforming or awkward fight arenas is a mileage may vary thing but variety works well...until it's shit like the missile section or turret.

Ninja Gaiden was fun but it was never as good as Bayonetta or Devil May Cry.
Definitely not as deep.
But man I'll always love its sorta connecting world design and clumsy arse platforming antics.

Ninja Gaiden (Xbox) was the best game ever when it released. I loved it so much for a month or two.

And I promise I'll play the Bayonetta gamez one day.

(And Killer7. >_>)

You'll probably like Killer7 but it isn't anything like those games. The Silver Case too.

Sephzilla

Let's list all of the franchises that got better after Hideki Kamiya stopped being director
-- Devil May Cry
-- Resident Evil
-- Viewtiful Joe
-- Bayonetta

I bet Scalebound was cancelled because Microsoft didn't want to front for a mediocre game full of stupid motorbike sequences or some bullshit like that

DMC3SE>Bayo2>Bayo1=DMC4>DMC1

in my humble opinion

I pretty much agree with this, I'd make two tweaks

DMC3SE>Bayo2>DMC4SE>Bayo1>DMC4>DMC1>DmC>DMC2

Recall

Except for, you know, some of the most popular characters.

So play MvC3 then?

Why do you want a sequel with the exact same characters? Isn't the whole point of a sequel to offer you something new?

Wouldn't you be upset if it was just MvC3 with a few new characters and it cost $60?

You're fucked either way it seems.

Let's list all of the franchises that got better after Hideki Kamiya stopped being director
-- Devil May Cry
-- Resident Evil
-- Viewtiful Joe
-- Bayonetta

I bet Scalebound was cancelled because Microsoft didn't want to front for a mediocre game full of stupid motorbike sequences or some bullshit like that
You don't understand Scalebound was actually going to be the best game ever, it just looked like shit in every preview because

That game was always hilarious to me because it was like they hired Platinum to make the most non-Platinum game possible. GRAPHICS. OPEN WORLD. PHOTOREALISTIC. NON-COMBAT FOCUS.

It's not good to see shit cancelled but I'm not surprised it didn't work out

Was VJ2 better than 1 in your eyes Seph? I never played it but I've also had trouble revisiting the original these days.

So play MvC3 then?

Why do you want a sequel with the exact same characters? Isn't the whole point of a sequel to offer you something new?

Wouldn't you be upset if it was just MvC3 with a few new characters and it cost $60?

You're fucked either way it seems.
You seem to be forgetting just how few new characters infinite actually has, it's basically what you just described at the end there.
The combo of that AND not buffing up the roster with characters they already seem to have a lot of the assets for is the double dose of poison.

Sephzilla

Was VJ2 better than 1 in your eyes Seph? I never played it but I've also had trouble revisiting the original these days.

I remember enjoying Viewtiful Joe 2 more than the original. It's been ages since I've played either though since Capcom hasn't released them on any newer platforms

BONUS SHOOT - Wonderful 101 is overrated as fuck

Zach

I know Killer7 isn't like those other games. I just thought about it because I was talking about games I always intend to play. I have them all. I just never take the plunge.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, if you believe this that fits my "every franchise improves after Kamiya leaves" narrative

I'm ignoring your theory, because all Sephzilla theories are bad

Historically you've never been right :| And it ain't my fault!

Top Bottom