• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

I remember enjoying Viewtiful Joe 2 more than the original. It's been ages since I've played either though since Capcom hasn't released them on any newer platforms

BONUS SHOOT - Wonderful 101 is overrated as fuck

Capcom don't have time to re-release VJ when they can re-re-release others.

I enjoyed the heck outta W101, a bit too long for its own good and thus not as replayable as I'd like but its probably one of Platinum's stronger spins on its usual style.
It's also full of many strange design decisions though so I can see why some would not care for it.

Tom Nook

Tonight is the night.

A7EtD92.png

GWF 8: The 4th Quarter

Pre-Show Match (Tune in early to catch the action!)
Proteus vs korly vs UrbanDandy vs Sweeney Tom

Tag Team Match
Tom Nook & RecRoulette vs FlammableD & Hasney

Singles Match
giancarlo123x vs serenewarfare

Hardcore Match
Sinatar vs Sephzilla

Triple Threat Match
DMczaf vs Pikma vs FallingEdge

Main Event Part 1
Hell in a Cell GWF Tag Team Championship Match
The New Nation of Domination (Bronx-Man & Kornflayx) vs The Huggers of Destruction (Zach & Biggest-Geek-Ever) [C]

Main Event Part 2
Hell in a Cell GWF B+ Championship Match
Tall4Life vs RBH [C]

Anth0ny

fuck capcpcpapcpom

nintendo needs to buy them already and straighten them the fuck out. or sony. whoever.

they're at the wcw 2000 part of the cycle.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
fuck capcpcpapcpom

nintendo needs to buy them already and straighten them the fuck out. or sony. whoever.

they're at the wcw 2000 part of the cycle.

Capcom is fine, they're just making the mistake of listening to their vocal fans. A foolish decision.

Sephzilla

Capcom is fine, they're just making the mistake of listening to their vocal fans. A foolish decision.

Eh, I think it's more a case of them not listening to their fans at all. They seem completely out of touch with what their consumer base is looking for. They remind me a lot of Sony Pictures where it seems obvious that suites with big payrolls are meddling too much

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Eh, I think it's more a case of them not listening to their fans at all. They seem completely out of touch with what their consumer base is looking for. They remind me a lot of Sony Pictures where it seems obvious that suites with big payrolls are meddling too much

how in any way is marvel infinite listening to their vocal fans

they got everything wrong besides the gameplay. everything.

That's exactly it. They're listening to a niche of vocal fans, a vocal minority. They're making kideos for a few thousand folks, and well, you'll sell a few thousand if you cater to them

"but evo regs"

don't pay the bills

Sephzilla

That's exactly it. They're listening to a niche of vocal fans, a vocal minority. They're making kideos for a few thousand folks, and well, you'll sell a few thousand if you cater to them

"but evo regs"

don't pay the bills

With their fighting games I do think there is an argument to be made that they are catering too much to their super hardcore FGC crowd (see: SFV having NO FUCKING ARCADE MODE), so you are right on that front. With all of their other games though, those seem to reek of "how can we make this as demographic friendly as possible while still cheap?"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
With their fighting games I do think there is an argument to be made that they are catering too much to their super hardcore FGC crowd (see: SFV having NO FUCKING ARCADE MODE), so you are right on that front. With all of their other games though, those seem to reek of "how can we make this as demographic friendly as possible while still cheap?"

What other games though? Besides fighters. Everything else has been pretty alright on the Capcom front. The Megaman crap is fine, the Disney Afternoon Collection is alright..anything bad from this year?

Sephzilla

What other games though? Besides fighters. Everything else has been pretty alright on the Capcom front. The Megaman crap is fine, the Disney Afternoon Collection is alright..anything bad from this year?

I'm still thinking of a lot of their PS360 era output like RE5/RE6, DmC, the Lost Planet sequels, etc. They haven't had that much output in recent years mostly because a bunch of those games ate their bank account away. Their recent output has been minimal but servicable. Resident Evil 7 was such a gem

imBask

Banned

you can't ignore the mess RE was before 7

Megaman is not fine
Dead Rising isn't exactly doing incredibly well
DMC is dead

They're super hit and miss nowadays

Top 5 games?
Sonic The Hedgehog 1
Metal Gear Solid 2
Resident Evil 4
Pokemon Crystal
Bayonetta

I'll be honest, these are just the first five that came to mind. I'm sure if I put more thought into it I'd be umming and ahhing over loads of different choices.

I just recall reading that when they were in Japan, they never got any merch money from NJPW when it came to BC. AJ made BC a lot more popular in the states but the YBs and Omega made it "mainstream".

Devitt also had its Armani sponsorship and other things, so he was doing fine. Devitt probably misses Japan, but AJ probably feels better in WWE.

I dont man , we talk way more about kenny then we ever did about njpw finn or aj.

We talk more about NJPW than ever, but it is not exactly because of the BC. Heck, some people here do not like the BC and want Omega to do his own thing.

Tom Nook

Top 5 games?

Too many to list...

Nintendo:
Zelda: LttP
Super Metroid
Mario Galaxy
Mario RPG
Mario 64

Square:
FFVI
Chrono Trigger
FFVII
Tomb Raider
Secret of Mana

NOT Nintendo and Square (or Konami and Capcom):
RE4
Contra 3
Mega Man 2
Castlevania: SotN
Street Fighter 2 turbo

I forgot Planescape: Torment, Thief and Wizardry 8 but I dont know what I could change.

Also havent listed any shmups which have devoured houra of my life.

Edit- Ultima IV is also one of the most important games of all time. Its a shame that series often gets overlooked so much nowadays. Im not sure a game with a premise of that scope has been made since.

Hotline Miami 2 soured me, because it proved that Hotline Miami 1 was just luck and these guys are frauds
2 is soul crushingly hard but I enjoy it more than 1 overall

Too much of 1 can just be walked through holding down melee, I never even used guns outside of the chokepoint levels people only seem to whine about in 2

Top Bottom