• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

WrassleGAF, you're a lovely bunch of lads: I have an issue, and I'm sure we must have a couple home owners here.

My wife and I are looking at buying a house, with our location and budget, the choices are a lot more limited than I'd like. We found a place we both really like in a nice looking location, well in our budget. (For possible context, we've only been looking a month.)

I'm being hesitant, and leaning towards no though, as it would take my each way commute from a 10 minute walk and 10 minute train to something more like an hour. I spend 4 years almost doing a 3 hour round trip commute, and we moved to where we are now once we could afford to so I didn't have to do that anymore. One alternative would be me getting a car, but as it would also require me to pay for parking somewhere, it would somewhere between quadruple and quintuple my commute costs.

Am I being unreasonable in not wanting to do either of those?

gun_haver

WrassleGAF, you're a lovely bunch of lads: I have an issue, and I'm sure we must have a couple home owners here.

My wife and I are looking at buying a house, with our location and budget, the choices are a lot more limited than I'd like. We found a place we both really like in a nice looking location, well in our budget. (For possible context, we've only been looking a month.)

I'm being hesitant, and leaning towards no though, as it would take my each way commute from a 10 minute walk and 10 minute train to something more like an hour. I spend 4 years almost doing a 3 hour round trip commute, and we moved to where we are now once we could afford to so I didn't have to do that anymore. One alternative would be me getting a car, but as it would also require me to pay for parking somewhere, it would somewhere between quadruple and quintuple my commute costs.

Nope, not really. Don't let a scarcity fallacy (although this depends on where you live on how true it is) when it comes to buying a house force you into living with hours of monotonous travelling for potentially the rest of your life, especially if you know you hate that. Find something that works, take your time. Even if this is perfect in every other way, throwing 3 hours of your life per day directly into the trash is a pretty big fucking negative.

What this sounds like is they've fucked up Roman's mindset since he was a child. His mom, knowing kayfabe and whatnot, knew why the Wild Samoans were booed but given Reigns is a kid, she didn't tell him the truth. She gave some excuse that's warped his mind. Now, as an adult, Reigns still doesn't get why he's booed. He doesn't get that he's the one in the wrong while the fans aren't. He doesn't get that Rollins has been the real one grinding all his life to get here while he, Roman Reigns, is the one really getting things handed to him.

Roman's suffering from a mental disability. Holy fuck.

it's a fake sport, stahp

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

A home is likely the biggest expense of your life. Stay the course and keep looking.

Hasney

Just keep looking. If that's the only deal breaker and it is an awesome house in a good area, then really think if 2 hours on a train is all that bad though. Get a Switch, made my life much easier.

Sephzilla

Show time is coming closer

A7EtD92.png

GWF 8: The 4th Quarter
Date: Wednesday, September 27th, 2017
Time: 7:00PM Eastern/6:00PM Central/12:00AM London
Where: Live from the Z-Pak Zone on www.twitch.tv/sephzilla - Replay will be available on YouTube

t1506553200z2.png

DOUBLE MAIN EVENT

Pre-Show Match (Tune in early to catch the action!)
Proteus vs korly vs UrbanDandy vs Sweeney Tom
Friend Proteus makes his GWF debut against three respected GWF superstars! What way to kick off the night

Tag Team Match
Tom Nook & RecRoulette vs FlammableD & Hasney
Nintendo Certification meets up against the new British Invasion of GWF! Will this match have implications in the GWF tag division? Watch and find out!

Singles Match
giancarlo123x vs serenewarfare
Smack talk following GWF7 prompted what ended up being a matchup of two GWF newcomers.

Hardcore Match
Sinatar vs Sephzilla
After feeling like he was robbed in his opening match, and was being dodged by the boss, Sinatar has finally gotten his request for a no-holds-barred contest against the boss himself.

Triple Threat Match
DMczaf vs Pikma vs FallingEdge
A match that includes three GWF superstars whom the front office is very high on in the World Title picture. Rumors are swirling that the victor of this match might get pushed to the front of the GWF World Title picture.

Main Event Part 1
Hell in a Cell GWF Tag Team Championship Match
The New Nation of Domination (Bronx-Man & Kornflayx) vs The Huggers of Destruction (Zach & Biggest-Geek-Ever) [C]
Beefy is banned from ringside! The grudge match from the hottest feud in the GWF tag division. This time there will be no outside interference and everything goes in this tornado tag match inside a Hell in a Cell

Main Event Part 2
Hell in a Cell GWF B+ Championship Match
Tall4Life vs RBH [C]
The latest, and potentially final, chapter in what has by some been considered the greatest feud in GWF history. These two have crossed paths multiple times dating all the way back to GWF1, with Tall4Life winning the first two confrontations at GWF1 and GWF4 respectfully. RBH planned his retaliation well, however, first by interfering in Tall4Life's GWF5 match. Following that, RBH's first victory over Tall4Life ended up costing Tall4Life the GWF B+ Championship in a triple threat match at GWF6 when RBH pinned the champ clean in the middle of the ring. Following a title defense against Syder at GWF6, RBH and Tall4Life will once again renew their epic rivalry this time in the confines of Hell in a Cell.

Side notes
-- This match card was written up about a month ago but got postponed for life reasons. Since I was originally wanting smaller and more frequent shows, that's why the GWF World Title is absent from the card
-- Main event for GWF9 has already been determined to be Professor Beef vs BewareTheBatsie
-- Tall4Life and Beefy are the last former champs who get rematch clauses

Zach

I own a house that's about a 10-minute drive from work. It's not bad, but I'd like to live closer. Multiplying that by six would be brutal. If you're having reservations now, I'd say don't back down on this one. A short, painless commute is important to consider.

My commute is almost 4 hours round trip/door-to-door. I would love to have a short commute again, but what I try to remind myself is that time on the train is not time to work. It's 100% me time so that's pretty much how I do most of my gaming and podcast/video watching.

Luckily I can be home twice a week so it breaks it up a ton, but when i was doing 5-days a week I was making some sacrifices (like 4am wake ups to exercise). I think the conversation with the spouse is 100% needed because it will shift some responsibilities.

I mean I'm absolutely not a morning person, 4am wakeups sound like hell, I barely get up in time for a 20 minute commute.

Thanks lads, I think I needed that reassurance that I wasn't being dumb. The other half is totally supportive of me saying no, just don't want to be the one to disappoint you know?

<3 Thanks for reminding me WrassleGAF is best GAF

jmdajr

You have kids? Is your rent crazy? (Losing money)

I moved an hour from work.It was what I could afford in a decent school distict.

Anth0ny

I'm a real estate agent and I see lots of newly weds grappling with this issue all the time. It's really common. In a lot of cases, you basically have to choose two out of three:

-within budget
-close to work
-big nice house

It's a personal decision you have to make. There's no wrong answer imo.

I know I personally wouldn't want to deal with the stress of a long/expensive commute... but I'm about to go meet with some clients that look like they're willing to move an hour further from work because they want the big back yard and big, new house. Different people have different priorities.

I know I personally wouldn't want to deal with the stress of a long/expensive commute... but I'm about to go meet with some clients that look like they're willing to move an hour further from work because they want the big back yard and big, new house. Different people have different priorities.

so you're saying they're going for the gimmick?

Zach

I'm a real estate agent and I see lots of newly weds grappling with this issue all the time. It's really common. In a lot of cases, you basically have to choose two out of three:

-within budget
-close to work
-big nice house

It's a personal decision you have to make. There's no wrong answer imo.

There's totally a wrong answer: "big nice house." Absolute foolishness to consider before budget/commute concerns. If you got a problem with that, you can stick it, brother!

jmdajr

There's totally a wrong answer: "big nice house." Absolute foolishness to consider before budget/commute concerns. If you got a problem with that, you can stick it, brother!
I would have to agree. That was never one of my main reasons for moving.

Once I did buy, I got a small one.

Zach

Leave your rock 'n' roll lifestyle behind, half a moon. Time to make your way to beautiful Tulsa, Oklahoma. Start a new life.

so you're saying they're going for the gimmick?

I bet Anth0ny is all about working the warm cookie smell gimmick at showings by baking or heating up some delicious cookies to activate the pleasure centers in viewers' brains and get them to associate the smell of a loving home with that showing.

Then he goes home and says to himself, "
"

FloSlam re-did their site's look, so let's check out https://www.floslam.tv/events

Hey, don't knock the wXw tag league!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I bet Anth0ny is all about working the warm cookie smell gimmick at showings by baking or heating up some delicious cookies to activate the pleasure centers in viewers' brains and get them to associate the smell of a loving home with that showing.!

All I can say is I've never seen him at the NAR Convention and I don't think he donates to RPAC.

Top Bottom