• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

Syder

GWF 8 spoilers

znT8MAG.gif

I thought everyone hated the direction LU took, it's still worth watching?

I still have most of season 2 on my DVR. Need to go back and watch some standout stuff like Grave Consequences

Foggy

I thought everyone hated the direction LU took, it's still worth watching?

I still have most of season 2 on my DVR. Need to go back and watch some standout stuff like Grave Consequences

I don't think it ever went in an entirely different direction, it was more like death of a thousand cuts. It has suffered from perplexing booking and ill-fated pushes, but when it works it can still be excellent. I'll miss it when it goes.

I don't think it ever went in an entirely different direction, it was more like death of a thousand cuts. It has suffered from perplexing booking and ill-fated pushes, but when it works it can still be excellent. I'll miss it when it goes.
I guess by different direction I meant moving away from core luchadors in favor of standard American wrestlers

Foggy

I guess by different direction I meant moving away from core luchadors in favor of standard American wrestlers

Looking back though, that's kind of what always was, unless you consider Puma a luchador. Of all the big sustained pushes, Mil Muertes was the only beneficiary. The other luchadors were only B+ players, except for a random Fenix push or a stalled Pentagon push.

Even then though, most everyone still gets a storyline and a chance to headline an episode or two.

In terms of quantity, their partnership kinda put a cap on how many true blue luchadors they could bring in and they already have everyone from AAA worth a damn. They did have Flamita around for a cup of coffee until Octagon fuckery screwed that up.

I don't think they ever did that. Pentagon and Fenix are still booked really strong.

Looking back though, that's kind of what always was, unless you consider Puma a luchador. Of all the big sustained pushes, Mil Muertes was the only beneficiary. The other luchadors were only B+ players, except for a random Fenix push or a stalled Pentagon push.

Even then though, most everyone still gets a storyline and a chance to headline an episode or two.

In terms of quantity, their partnership kinda put a cap on how many true blue luchadors they could bring in and they already have everyone from AAA worth a damn. They did have Flamita around for a cup of coffee until Octagon fuckery screwed that up.
Maybe I've misinterpreted the bitching here then. Lol

After my successful GWF singles debut, I'd just like to say.... I told all you motherfuckers that you put me one-on-one and there ain't a soul on this roster can beat me. Giancarlo thought he was gonna "get one over on the rookie" and all that got him was a better look at the lights. I wish I could say it was a nice first challenge, but it was anything but. Next time, give me an opponent that can actually last more than four minutes.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Black sounded quite a bit better on the mic this week in that backstage segment and I'm glad they're not trying to give him a spooky persona.

Foggy

Maybe I've misinterpreted the bitching here then. Lol

My take on the bitching here is it comes from people who never enjoyed it from the jump and people parrotting Meltzer's reactions to it. Then for the people who watch it, it ranges from the extended break to shitty contracts to intergender matches to the lack of a Pentagon push to Sexy Star winnimg the title. Like with most things, it's multifaceted.

After my successful GWF singles debut, I'd just like to say.... I told all you motherfuckers that you put me one-on-one and there ain't a soul on this roster can beat me. Giancarlo thought he was gonna "get one over on the rookie" and all that got him was a better look at the lights. I wish I could say it was a nice first challenge, but it was anything but. Next time, give me an opponent that can actually last more than four minutes.
GWF discussion is at an all time low

Way to kill the heat and momentum of this presumably once great promotion

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My take on the bitching here is it comes from people who never enjoyed it from the jump and people parrotting Meltzer's reactions to it. Then for the people who watch it, it ranges from the extended break to shitty contracts to intergender matches to the lack of a Pentagon push to Sexy Star winnimg the title. Like with most things, it's multifaceted.

I liked it at the start. Wrestlers like Drago and Aerostar fading to the background in exchange for California area indie wrestlers is just the reality of what happened.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
NXT just being Circle of Respect is kind of ridiculous. Adam Cole just looks like weirdly shrunken Shawn Michaels.

GWF discussion is at an all time low

Way to kill the heat and momentum of this presumably once great promotion

This promotion was never great.

But my arrival will change that. Let's just hope these so-called "fans" are willing to give this promotion a second chance now that the actual talent is here. This ain't WWE. I'm not working in empty arenas.

Zach

Ahmed Johnson was so awesome when I was 12. Dude is like the worst of all time, though. Haha...

(Randomly watching some of the '97 Survivor Series.)

Top Bottom