• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

Anth0ny

fkr22291j2ozqtuwd.gif

Pictured left to right: OwensIsNow, Anth0ny

New Observer is out

Vince McMahon came in with a very distinct vision for No Mercy, that this show and what would happen in the two key matches were not about now, or the day, but about telling the story of getting to WrestleMania, which is all about Lesnar and Reigns being the two superior guys in the company, and nobody else is on their level. Lesnar is being kept super strong so Reigns beating him means the most. Reigns is put over everyone clean so he's the strongest challenger possible.

The idea was Cena would hit Reigns with every big move, over-and-over, and he couldn't beat him, while Reigns would beat Cena with his usual stand-byes, the Superman punch and spear.

Similarly, Lesnar would survive multiple Strowman powerslams, and win clean with one F-5. He also wanted Lesnar vs. Strowman to be kept inside the ring (other than the one spot outside the ring involving the post, but nothing with tables and such), which kind of exposed Strowman, who got over on doing stunts outside the ring. The mentality, whether it's right or not, was the short-term not so great match (I'm sure he was expecting a far better crowd response for the main event when he had the vision but going in it was going to be a short match with one F-5 as the finish) was the small picture and the big picture was both guys being as strong as possible for Mania.

Fucking barf.

Sacrifice everyone to get Roman over. Fucking dumb.

Stall19

I would much rather Roman be champ than Lesnar. Just sucks that we have to suffer a whole year of a barely there champion who wrestles short matches to get there. Sure hope Roman doesn't win the rumble again though.

The great thing about Roman Reigns is everything

Roman's fucking awesome. He has no charisma and can do nothing in the ring. I'm watching Aichner in NXT right now and he's better than Roman on every level.

I look at Roman and I think about how anybody could think he's better than the rest of the roster in any way and I get confounded.

Zach

Roman should just kill Lesnar with 3 spears in a row at the very beginning of the match.

If you're going to push him, fucking push him.
At Manio? Big intro. Face-to-face. Romando explodes with a super man punch. Lesnar stumbles back and bounces off the ropes and is met with a spear. Jackhammer. 1-2-3.

Another woman who there has been some internal talk regarding being interested in making a comeback is Celeste Bonin, 30, who wrestled as Kaitlyn. Because of her look and her background coming in fifth place in the Arnold Classic Figures competition, she was put over in Tough Enough even though she was the least experienced. She was on WWE television just two months after her first wrestling lesson and was on the main roster from 2010 to 2014, leaving after marrying bodybuilder P.J. Braun. The two split up a few months ago

Don't know how I'd feel about that. Always thought she was overrated.

I like Cole. He can have great matches and cut good promos.

He's great. That main event tonight was more about the personalities and the angle than it was about them having a great match. It had a completely different goal than the Hero/Aichner match.

cordy

Banned
Yep, God bless SDL because they're lucky they're not on the same brand as Reigns and Lesnar. They're going to embarrass everybody until they face each other. The Rumble is gonna be straight trash.

As for Enzo, yep. I posted a pic a few weeks ago of Enzo in the studio with a dude I know. Homie said he's proud of Enzo, he's apparently done with his album. Idk if it's any good though.

I like Cole. He can have great matches and cut good promos.

He's great.
I don't have a problem with him but he's about as "standard athletic non-flippy indie guy" as they come

I think Fish and O'Reilly are better than him as well, at least in ring

He has a catchphrase so he's perma over though

I don't have a problem with him but he's about as "standard athletic non-flippy indie guy" as they come

I think Fish and O'Reilly are better than him as well, at least in ring

He has a catchphrase so he's perma over though

I've seen him have great matches with multiple guys, so he's well above standard from an in-ring perspective. And he's good on the mic too.

I kind of don't get how people think so lowly of him.

So make Roman look so strong and then he gets defeated by the Miztourage the next night?
Nothing on TV matters

Nothing on PPV matters

9.99 bay beeeeee

I've seen him have great matches with multiple guys, so he's well above standard from an in-ring perspective. And he's good on the mic too.

I kind of don't get how people think so lowly of him.
Again I don't think lowly of him but I can't think of anything about his in-ring work that jumps out/sets him apart from others. He's not a high flyer, he's not a master technician, he's not a powerhouse, he's athletic?

cordy

Banned
Since Ambrose and Rollins beat all 3 Miztourage members themselves, I'm imagining that when it's Shield/Miztourage that they'll step back and let Roman beat their asses alone. That's just how it's gonna be with Da Big Dawg being overpowered.

And lord...have yall thought about how shitty that Rumble match is gonna be? It's gonna be Roman breaking his old record and tossing dudes out like he doesn't give a damn.

Again I don't think lowly of him but I can't think of anything about his in-ring work that jumps out/sets him apart from others. He's not a high flyer, he's not a master technician, he's not a powerhouse, he's athletic?

I think he's above average at storytelling during a match. His match layouts are usually pretty good. The psychology going into and during his match with O'Reilly at Final Battle is a good example of this. He's not a flashy in-ring guy by any means, but he's smart when it comes to when to do certain things and how to pace a match given the story involved. His match with Jay Briscoe at Final Battle is also a good example of this stuff IMO.

And because of that skill, it allows him to have great matches while not being truly great at any one in-ring technical aspect.

Since Ambrose and Rollins beat all 3 Miztourage members themselves, I'm imagining that when it's Shield/Miztourage that they'll step back and let Roman beat their asses alone. That's just how it's gonna be with Da Big Dawg being overpowered.

And lord...have yall thought about how shitty that Rumble match is gonna be? It's gonna be Roman breaking his old record and tossing dudes out like he doesn't give a damn.

When they did Cena/Rock vs Miz/Truth, they had Cena beat both their asses solo easily like two weeks before. They can't help but have Miz do the job, he's too good at it.

THE GUY

Banned
New Observer is out

Fucking barf.

Sacrifice everyone to get Roman over. Fucking dumb.
They haven't sacrificed everyone though, have they? Why is there always such an overreaction? They've used Reigns to make both Styles and Strowman look strong over the past two years. Just because Lesnar is the final boss reserved for the top guy, how is that sacrificing everyone?

It's like people complaining that he kicked out of 4 AAs while ignoring Owens kicked out 3 AAs (including a Super AA) and it took 4 to keep Styles down of all people. And they were heels. Or how Nakamura no sold an AA to put Cena down.

People have reached that meme status with Reigns where the girl is eating crackers and you hate.

Not to mention, they've done a solid job of building a bunch of guys in the past two years. Just because they don't get the biggest rub (beating Lesnar) doesn't mean they aren't getting some big ones in general.

Also, the Reigns/Cena match was great. Not surprised to see Meltzer love it since he tends to prioritize storytelling with a lot of WWE matches. I loved how Reigns basically Cena'd Cena himself. Smashed him throughout the match all the while wondering why he had any reason to be wary of him, and Cena did his little comeback by going Super Cena which used to result in a win, except it didn't and he was put down. But Reigns comes out of it knowing what Super Cena was. Solid storytelling in general.

Top Bottom