• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

Is that the one where Hogan was booed out of the building?

Possibly? There was so much yelling and chaos it was hard to tell, but I definitely think the crowd was on the side of Flair.

It was a disaster of a match and Hogan was in full on OP mode. It played out like a bunch of guys who refused to even sell a punch walked into a match. All the lumberjacks were then attacking each other, including Hawk who was just yelling "COME ON FUCKER" to get hit with the belt.

Red Dead Redemption 2 looks fine and all, but I loved the first so much that I'm not sure it can meet expectations. Don't give a flying shit about GTA-style multiplayer, or multiplayer in general for that matter, I just want the single player to grab me like the last one did.

klonere

Banned
honestly can't wait for the Owensisnow "NJPW IS INSANELY BAD" post the morning after WK12 when Okada runs over failed ace Naito.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Red Dead Redemption 2 looks fine and all, but I loved the first so much that I'm not sure it can meet expectations. Don't give a flying shit about GTA-style multiplayer, or multiplayer in general for that matter, I just want the single player to grab me like the last one did.

RDR1's multiplayer was really good, though. Played a lot of poker.

Even if Okada is considered the one true ace you have to have him lose to Naito. It's a matter of having big draw matchups down the line against Omega and Naito as opposed to just Omega. Besides there's not much of a point in dragging out his historic run unless there's some other landmark I'm not aware of.

NJPW revolves around Okada but even considering that, it's time to give him an "underdog" run. It's best for everyone involved.

I completely agree with you. It is more of a matter if they do that or not, and I am not sure they will.

Anth0ny

yesssssss

Also I really don't think they're going to lean into the multiplayer nearly as much as people are fearing. GTA5 is still printing money for them, and the setting of Red Dead just doesn't allow as much monetization as the modern day GTA does. It'll be there, but it won't be this all encompassing thing that gets all of their attention and detracts from the single player experience.

klonere

Banned
For real, Naito should win and I think it'd be a pretty bad decision to have Okada go over.

Naito's been doing more "face of the company" style media stuff with all the baseball team stuff so I'm pretty confident he will take the belt.

RDR1's multiplayer was really good, though. Played a lot of poker.

It was fine for what it was, didn't really feel like a big focus though and I think that'll change this time around given how successful GTA online has been (and their use real money to buy fake money bullshit).

I hate so many modern trends in gaming, feel like a grumpy old man lol. Virtual currency, loot box bullshit. Bleh.

Tom Nook

I created stars in GWF.

Job to Professor Beef = Current Champ

Job to Pikma = Won a big triple threat match. He is moving up the ranks.

Ate the pin at the Tag Match last night = FlammableD & Hasney are now #1 contenders for the Tag Belts.

I'm the Casaro / Sami Zayn is this company. :(

Egg0

Banned
yesssssss

Also I really don't think they're going to lean into the multiplayer nearly as much as people are fearing. GTA5 is still printing money for them, and the setting of Red Dead just doesn't allow as much monetization as the modern day GTA does. It'll be there, but it won't be this all encompassing thing that gets all of their attention and detracts from the single player experience.

That's true. There's not going to be apartments for sale in RDR that's for sure. Also I can't think of a RDR equivalent of shark cards.... like bonds?

Sephzilla

Seph what's the longest winning streak in GWF history? I'm gonna break it

Beefy had a 6-0 run which included;
-- One Royal Rumble win (GWF1)
-- A fatal four way win (GWF3)
-- Two matches in one night (GWF4)
-- A ladder match (GWF5)
-- Five GWF Championship defenses

I don't get how GTA Online took off as much as it did. I don't even find it as fun to play as single player GTA
It's really really good but my problem is the execution. It kills me how shit the matchmaking and loading is. I hope red dead kills all the screens for a more seamless experience.

Sephzilla

did Zach and Menome have a second match against each other at some point? i feel like there was another singles match between the two but i have no record of it

I miss when there was a good population of players online for Ultra Street Fighter IV
Here you go
c9eeda426dab4672bb8378ef4dc65c1a.jpg

Sephzilla

Friend Pikma,
just so you know, here are the longest streaks in GWF history (minimum 3 consecutive wins)

1- Beefy at 6 wins
2- Zach at 4 wins
3- Pikma & sf2fanatic at 3 wins

I should really get a proper database together so getting this information is easier

klonere

Banned
I really wish Dragon Gate would pick up one foreign talent as a full timer for the next while, just so it'd be easy to get people into the promotion. Even though it hasn't had a stellar 2017, it still offers you a product you can't get anywhere else. It's very difficult to get into in the first place, both the style (go go go go go go all the time) and storytelling methods (promo heavy, incredibly long builds/payoffs) would probably be a turn off to your regular NJPW watcher.

But nothing matches the emotion and drama a Unit Disbands match or Elimination multiman or a Dead or Alive Cage match can bring. It's the zenith of prowrestling - extreme athleticism with human drama.

I understand why they aren't going for foreigners anymore - they all get fucking signed away and are probably more expensive than homegrown talent. And in a promotion so reliant on talking and character work, a non-Japanese speaker isn't going to be the absolute complete package either.

All that said...watch more Dragon Gate!

Top Bottom