• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

Sephzilla

There are plenty of guys worse than Kaep with contracts. The fact that the protest hurts him at all is what the problem is.

The protests do hurt him a little but there are a few other not stupid reasons actively hurting him

1) Not being a good quarterback, as evidenced by the couple of seasons of him still getting starts even as his stats kept declining
2) He's not a traditional pocket pass quarterback, so it's hard to make him a backup in a more traditional NFL offense because his skills dont translate
3) Since he's been to a Super Bowl he isn't going to be cheap
4) Supposedly he doesn't want to be a backup

Kaep isn't getting signed for a bunch of the same reasons Tim Tebow isn't in the NFL anymore. He's an overpriced unconventional backup

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Haha, so predictable

lol at Big Show's face

Foggy

Lotta beef

DIujLGvVYAAqYQ9

The protests do hurt him a little but there are a few other not stupid reasons actively hurting him

1) Not being a good quarterback, as evidenced by the couple of seasons of him still getting starts even as his stats kept declining
2) He's not a traditional pocket pass quarterback, so it's hard to make him a backup in a more traditional NFL offense because his skills dont translate
3) Since he's been to a Super Bowl he isn't going to be cheap
4) Supposedly he doesn't want to be a backup

Kaep isn't getting signed for a bunch of the same reasons Tim Tebow isn't in the NFL anymore

Dan Orlovsky has never been successful in the NFL ever. Statistically he is one of the worst QBs of all time.

There is no argument for him having a job when Kaep does not. None. He's fucking awful, so he's not a good mentor or a backup. He's never had success in any system, where at least Kaep has had success at some point somewhere.

And Kaep not wanting to be a backup is a months old report at this point. He'd rather have a job than no job. I don't need sources to tell you that.

Sephzilla

Dan Orlovsky has never been successful in the NFL ever. Statistically he is one of the worst QBs of all time.

There is no argument for him having a job when Kaep does not. None. He's fucking awful, so he's not a good mentor or a backup. He's never had success in any system, where at least Kaep has had success at some point somewhere.

And Kaep not wanting to be a backup is a months old report at this point. He'd rather have a job than no job. I don't need sources to tell you that.

Yes there is. It's called Dan Orlovsky's contract for this season means he's owed only $80,000 this season.

Yes there is. It's called Dan Orlovsky's contract for this season means he's owed only $80,000 this season.

Again, are you telling me Kaep would rather have no job than a job? Because that's an argument I just don't buy.

Either way, it's clear the protest is at least a part of it, and that's fucked up. Even Rodgers thinks so. No need to continue going in circles.

Zach

You heard blaggaroni -- wall-to-wall World Championship Wrestling discussion from here on out!

I finished the last two episodes of Twin Peaks.

Did I just get worked into a shoot?
You are the dreamer who dreams dreams whilst dreaming within a dream.

Raw64life

The OT stuff definitely gets annoying in these threads. Video games are at least somewhat understandable because this is a video game forum, or at least it used to be. But sometimes people just barge in here with "so about that thing completely unrelated to wrestling" and I don't get it at all. Go post in that thread then.

Braun should've done this instead.

Zach

Foggy's dramatizing WrassleGAF's lust for drama!

Is WrassleGAF a dramatization of a dream in an alternate universe? 🤔

Sephzilla

Whatever. I still think Kaep is worth more at the minimum than Orlovsky for any price.

Either way, like I said we're going in circles.

No team in the modern NFL actually gives a shit about the quality of their backup is because if their starter goes down their season is sunk anyway. Modern day NFL backups are usually cheap and exist to hold clipboards and hand the ball off if a game turns into a blowout. No team wants to spend excessive money on a player who doesn't see the field - see: Brock Osweiler not being good enough for the Cleveland Browns

No team in the modern NFL actually gives a shit about who their backup is because if their starter goes down their season is sunk anyway. Modern day NFL backups are usually cheap and exist to hold clipboards and hand the ball off if a game turns into a blowout. No team wants to spend excessive money on a player who doesn't see the field - see: Brock Osweiler

It's clear we just see this whole thing differently. That's fine. Let's just move on cause we're not going to get anywhere.

Sephzilla

It's clear we just see this whole thing differently. That's fine. Let's just move on cause we're not going to get anywhere.

Well I just want to make it clear that I do believe his protests are part of what's affecting him. I just don't believe its the only thing. If he was still a top tier player he'd have a job right now because the NFL will ignore anything so long as you can produce wins.

Top Bottom