• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

Zach

jiffery courtesy of www.legitshook.com

You mean the same year Jeff Hardy won the WWE Championship and CM Punk was a Money in the Bank winner?

Yes, because neither Jeff Hardy or CM Punk was considered a "fat guy". And also there's context to consider.

Jeff got pushed because he was super over. He sold so much merch that literally could not justify not pushing him. And even then it took a while before they went all the way.

Punk was pushed in spite of Vince not really buying in on him. His whole first world title reign was literally everyone in the company saying "lol what a joke of a champion".

Hasney

UK people: Is Powerade a thing over here anymore? I'm currently ntly losing his very fluid I've ever had in my life due to a stomach bug, and I'd prefer to get that over Coconut Water. Asked someone to bring a couple born bit goes back and they said they couldn't find any and Amazon Prime has the blue stuff for regular price, but the berry one for £10 a bottle.

Then again, I have such a fever that none of this could have happened other than browsing Amazon.

Sephzilla

Yes, because neither Jeff Hardy or CM Punk was considered a "fat guy". And also there's context to consider.

Jeff got pushed because he was super over. He sold so much merch that literally could not justify not pushing him. And even then it took a while before they went all the way.

Punk was pushed in spite of Vince not really buying in on him. His whole first world title reign was literally everyone in the company saying "lol what a joke of a champion".

Didn't some prominent WWE executive call him skinny fat though?

Triple-H.gif

Anth0ny

In 2017 people still think Daniel Bryan main-evented Mania because "he earned it" and not because CM Punk quit?

LGI4GlR.gif

you know, austin only became the guy because hhh did his curtain call bullshit, shawn had a career ending injury and bret left

it's like poetry. it rhymes.

CM Punk wasn't going to main event WM30 though

No, he certainly was not. It's just funny how that all played out.

If CM Punk didn't quit we would've gotten Bryan vs Sheamus again. Bryan benefitted from CM Punk quitting, being absolutely nuclear at the right time, and the people in charge being petty as fuck.

Sephzilla

I think CM Punk quitting more or less just ignited a fire under HHH's ass, which is why the end result there was HHH putting on arguably his best match ever. The big fan push / shitting on Orton/Batista stuff that catapulted Bryan into the main event was already happening before Punk walked.

Beefy

I think CM Punk quitting more or less just ignited a fire under HHH's ass, which is why the end result there was HHH putting on arguably his best match ever. The big fan push / shitting on Orton/Batista stuff that catapulted Bryan into the main event was already happening before Punk walked.

Trips needs to get Vince to retire. Who would have thought Trips is one of the best things about WWE!!!

Trips needs to get Vince to retire. Who would have thought Trips is one of the best things about WWE!!!

If either VInce or Shane left, I feel like HHH/Steph would have enough sway to finally get rid of Kevin Dunn, and MAYBE WWE can actually move forward.

Sephzilla

The Vince/Dunn tandem definitely needs to go. I don't think HHH/Steph will exactly be better, but Vince and Dunn are definitely the big stopper that's holding the company back from really evolving.

Sephzilla

I think Steph would probably be smart enough to stay out of the creative process and let HHH run that side of the world. Maybe.

BiggNife

I don't get why people say a HHH run WWE would be the same as Vince's when NXT is right there and shows pretty clearly that HHH is considerably more competent at booking than current day Vince

Also, Chris Cilizza sucks ass

UK people: Is Powerade a thing over here anymore? I'm currently ntly losing his very fluid I've ever had in my life due to a stomach bug, and I'd prefer to get that over Coconut Water. Asked someone to bring a couple born bit goes back and they said they couldn't find any and Amazon Prime has the blue stuff for regular price, but the berry one for £10 a bottle.

Then again, I have such a fever that none of this could have happened other than browsing Amazon.

I think? I feel like a service station would have some.

Top Bottom