• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

it's not too late
tumblr_oinx28gnPY1s05wxzo1_1280.jpg

I don't care if she's still "green" bring her over Hunter

hanakimura.gif

I don't even consider PETA an animal rights group considering they kill most of the animals they take in

I've always wondered are there any humane/good, or at least not batshit crazy as PETA, alternatives to PETA? I've heard some stuff about the Humane Society and ASPCA both killing some animals or at least supporting kill shelters

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Can vouch for him doing it often
You can take your dogpiling on hatred for other posters to PM if that makes you happy, but I'm not interested in having a discussion topic about it in here, do you understand?

Hey, CMLL finally announced their Anniversario lineup. Only a little over a week before show day!

Blue Panther Jr, Stuka Jr and The Panther vs Dragon Rojo Jr, Hechicero and Polvora
Diamante Azul, Marco Corleone and Valiente vs Cuatrero, Forastero and Sanson
Kraneo, Rush and Sam Adonis vs Cavernario, Felino and Negro Casas
Princesa Sugehit vs Zeuxis (mask vs mask)
Caristico, Flip Gordon and Volador Jr vs Kojima, Mephisto and Ultimo Guerrero
Niebla Roja vs Gran Guerrero (main event, mask vs mask)

Mistico and Dragon Lee not on CMLL's biggest show of the year. smh

Believe it or not I don't think every Japanese wrestler wants to come to the States.

Just to confirm this: Toyota's retiring this year

Foggy

Aight, I am going to watch AJPW consistently. It is time. Should I just start at the Summer Exposition show and be good to go?

Since you've still got a couple weeks before the next AJPW show becomes available, I would advise watching the main event run of Ishikawa starting on 5/21, then watch his defenses and Miyhara's matches that led to their rematch at Summer Explosion. So basically Ishikawa/Miyahara from May then Ishikawa/Jake Lee and Miyahara/Suwama on 6/11 and Ishikawa/Suwama and Miyahara/Doering on 7/17.

Extra bonus points if you watch the tag title matches on those cards.

But if you only have time for one, Summer Explosion should be a good start even if it was uneven(main and tag title delivered big time).

Start with the show in May with Kento vs Ishikawa

Since you've still got a couple weeks before the next AJPW show becomes available, I would advise watching the main event run of Ishikawa starting on 5/21, then watch his defenses and Miyhara's matches that led to their rematch at Summer Explosion. So basically Ishikawa/Miyahara from May then Ishikawa/Jake Lee and Miyahara/Suwama on 6/11 and Ishikawa/Suwama and Miyahara/Doering on 7/17.

Extra bonus points if you watch the tag title matches on those cards.

But if you only have time for one, Summer Explosion should be good start even if it was uneven(main and tag title delivered big time).

awesome, ty guys

Foggy

At least some of those matches are available on youtube, so you won't even have to get into the Real Hero Archive if you don't want

Shoot: Tekken is more "World Warrior" than Street Fighter.

Because their roster actually has people talk in their respective country's language, where as Street Fighter, the characters talk in stereotyped speeches.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Data, what is it about Kimura that makes you enjoy her so much? Like I think she's pretty good, but you seem really high on her.

She's at home in the ring and in front of an audience in a way that no rookie has been. She seems as confident in front of 10 people as she does in front of a 100. Her mom is super talented.

and she's hot

Anth0ny

Not really wrong outside of the pipe bomb and Bryan's push.

Even those two got a lot of buzz and ended up being pointless in the end :p

They're very consistent at having a cool moment and proceeding to follow it up TERRIBLY.

But the pipe bomb itself and the visual of Bryan going over at Mania 30 will be remembered for years to come, and there's not really anything else that has happened in WWE over the last 10 years that comes close.

Sephzilla

Bryan's story ultimately changing nothing feels like a really intentional Vince McMahon decision to me. This is the same Vince that decided to have the most audience killing energy sucking loss in history two matches before one of the biggest face wins ever.

I still maintain that Taker's streak ending was Vince trying to kill Bryan's moment

Fox318

Bryan's story ultimately changing nothing feels like a really intentional Vince McMahon decision to me. This is the same Vince that decided to have the most audience killing energy sucking loss in history two matches before one of the biggest face wins ever.

Wrestlemania 2000 showed him that nothing matters.

She's at home in the ring and in front of an audience in a way that no rookie has been. She seems as confident in front of 10 people as she does in front of a 100. Her mom is super talented.

and she's hot

She definitely has presence. And she is starting to put it together in the ring. I think she still has a little ways to go before she's established, but she's on her way of her trajectory of improvement continues.

Anth0ny

Shoot:

Vince McMahon came to the show the other day, brought his wife. He said "Tony, I'd like you to meet my wife, Linda."

I said fuck her and FUCK YOU.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
my favorite retired years ago and sadly never came back
Np9T6d1.gif

tumblr_nhp33momxx1t34v14o1_400.gif

oh and most joshis do want to go to WWE because there's no upper trajectory for them in Japan. Toyota wouldn't obviously because she already got to be big time. There is no big time in modern Japan for womens wrestling. It's why they retire so young.

I still maintain that Taker's streak ending was Vince trying to kill Bryan's moment

The thing is though that Bryan's story did change stuff to some degree backstage. Meltzer has mentioned a few times that Bryan proving he could get over to the level he did gave Vince more of a belief of guys of that size. Like do you really think we would have seen guys like AJ and Owens be pushed to the level they have even as recently as 5 years ago? When Bryan came in he was treated like a joke. When AJ came in, with a similar level of talent and similar background, he was treated like a star. Especially relative to Bryan.

Zach

I was making my way through this 1993 WCW Youtube playlist for weeks and just as I wrapped that up I saw some jerk post a 2000 WCW Worldwide playlist.

So now I'm going to watch a bunch of 2000 WCW Worldwide. >_>

Sephzilla

The thing is though that Bryan's story did change stuff to some degree backstage. Meltzer has mentioned a few times that Bryan proving he could get over to the level he did gave Vince more of a belief of guys of that size. Like do you really think we would have seen guys like AJ and Owens be pushed to the level they have even as recently as 5 years ago? When Bryan came in he was treated like a joke. When AJ came in, with a similar level of talent and similar background, he was treated like a star. Especially relative to Bryan.

He believed in Bryan and people of his size so much that the main event of Wrestlemania the following year was Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar ;)

He believed in Bryan and people of his size so much that the main event of Wrestlemania the following year was Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar ;)

Just because he's not pushing them as the top of the top doesn't mean that he doesn't think more of them now than he did a decade ago.

Kevin Owens would have been lucky to be a job guy in 2008.

Man

I'm almost positive there were a few people saying, even the second that cash-in happened, that this was just delaying the inevitable

And here we are, about to have Reigns/Brock main event another Mania, again, just to have the right result happen finally this time. Nothing's going to stop it.

Honestly, I don't remember if I said it at the time, but I'm damn sure going to say it now: it wasn't worth it, and we should have just gotten it over with then

This is conveniently leaving out how Bryan nearly crippled himself in the following months due to his carny obsession with wrestling. That's not on Vince at all.

Top Bottom