• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

I never noticed until someone pointed it out here, but now I can't unsee how badly Triple H wanted to be Ric Flair. Even early on in 97, he was coming out to similar music with very similar robes

2003 Hunter which is the most NWAiest Hunter ever is Hunter doing a poor man's Glorious Bobby Roode who is doing a great Ric Flair homage.

Foggy

pew pew pew

giphy.gif

2003 Hunter which is the most NWAiest Hunter ever is Hunter doing a poor man's Glorious Bobby Roode who is doing a great Ric Flair homage.

This is dumb to say, but I've basically forced myself to not watch any Ruthless Aggression stuff beyond Angle, Brock and Eddie. I've completely toned out anything with HHH

I feel like people who shit on Ricochet haven't actually watched him wrestle. Guy reminds me of ZSJ in that he can easily mold his style around the people in the ring with him.

This is dumb to say, but I've basically forced myself to not watch any Ruthless Aggression stuff beyond Angle, Brock and Eddie. I've completely toned out anything with HHH

Evolution Raw era was unbearably tedious to watch.

HHH was basically Bliss' current push on steroids but much worse because he was also literally the whole show.

Raw was dull as fuck.

At this point it seems clear that cena is trying to fuck Romans push.

It's one thing to rip him in a promo but to basically say he is some fascist supremacist, especially with the recent events in charlottesville is fucking moronic and too far.

No wonder he deleted it.

At this point it seems clear that cena is trying to fuck Romans push.

It's one thing to rip him in a promo but to basically say he is some fascist supremacist, especially with the recent events in charlottesville is fucking moronic and too far.

No wonder he deleted it.

Like literally fuck John Cena for that kind of shit.

gun_haver

Seriously fuck Cena for that shit just less than a month after Charlottesville

Also he can't even spell it right

i don't get why 'fuck him'. if reigns was playing the heel, it'd actually be possible to read that criticism as a progressive element to the story. i mean, he's not, nor is he even white, so it just comes off and weird and out of left field, he obviously went off on a tangent that is just kinda super weird in the context of who these two guys are, but i don't get the 'fuck this, so soon after charlottesville' response. don't see the logic there.

i don't get why 'fuck him'. if reigns was playing the heel, it'd actually be possible to read that criticism as a progressive element to the story. i mean, he's not, so it just comes off and weird and kind of funny, he obviously went off on a tangent that is just kinda super weird in the context of who these two guys are, but i don't get the 'fuck this, so soon after charlottesville' response. don't see the logic there.

You don't see the logic of thinking that Cena accusing Reigns of being a racial supremacist because he claims to be a naturally talented wrestler less than a month after Charlottesville is in really poor taste?

You don't see the logic of thinking that Cena accusing Reigns of being a racial supremacist because he claims to be a naturally talented wrestler less than a month after Charlottesville is in really poor taste?

It's very poor taste considering past events, but it's also not new considering what the WWE did in that week too.

somedevil

TNA better not cause Wai and John to lose their jobs due to them bleeding all this money.

Also this from NXT Rochester.

These five guys in front of me must think they're so cool with the stuff they're saying about Mandy Rose

Mandy is to hot for some of the male fans and causes them to become sexist idiots.

gun_haver

You don't see the logoc of what accusing someone of being a supremacist because he claoms to be a naturally talented wrestler less than a month after Charlottesville is in really poor taste?

uh, no not really. it's not an element of reign's character but it is a kind of passive element in wwe's normal character branding like the flairs saying they are genetically superior etc and yeah, that is supremacist. i wasn't aware reigns had some of that kind of terminology in his branding/catchphrases, but if he does it's still kind of got an air of 'we think like supremacists, so this guy is just naturally better', leaves a weird taste - even if this particular character happens to not be white, the world of intolerance is bigger than just white people. charlottesville, i don't see that's got to do with this at all, it's a recent event where white supremacy caused a murder, but are you saying that because that happened that we shouldn't be allowed to refer to white suprmacy or racism, or something? bad stuff happens every day, he isn't inciting the event itself, he's talking about an ever-present dynamic in human society.

so yeah, don't get that response. it's a silly tweet no doubt, but it's not 'man fuck john cena' levels, especially when he's actually one of the most spotless guys in this industry when it comes to that kind of stuff - his we are one america video was actually pretty good, probably helped many people feel better, or opened some minds a little, especially when his audience is wwe fans.

cordy

Banned
I, a black man in the South, read Cena's tweet as him implying that Reigns is a supremist who doesn't earn anything especially given that's what he was replying to. Didn't even connect race to it. I figured it dealt with him being born into the company while others aren't as fortunate.

Not even once did I connect that to the horrible act that happened last month. Wtf.

I, a black man in the South, read Cena's tweet as him implying that Reigns is a supremist who doesn't earn anything especially given that's what he was replying to. Didn't even connect race to it. I figured it dealt with him being born into the company while others aren't as fortunate.

Not even once did I connect that to the horrible act that happened last month. Wtf.

It's fucked up.

The term supremist/Supermacist is almost exclusively used right now to talk of people (specifically white folk) who believe in racial superiority.

It's obvious Cena realized what a fucked up thing it was to say given he deleted it in literally under 10 minutes

Using supremacist/supremist as a cheap shot insult right now is gross.

Cena looks like he's in "Fuck this, I'm retiring anyway" mode and doesn't give a fuck about the company anymore lol

Probably part of the gimmick, but it still makes WWE look dumb as hell.

Edit: I read "supermist" as spermist instead of supremacist, lol

Top Bottom