• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

miserable

1xdcyfi.png

One thing about releasing the Mae Young Classic in binge format is that I've already been spoiled on the results through Twitter and in here a number of times. Shouldn't be surprised but it kind of sucks when you don't have time to watch until the weekend or whatever.

More WWE UK stuff

wwf's ratings in the uk right now are beyond awful (they've been plummeting at a much greater rate then the us ones), and sky's paying through the nose for these terrible ratings and not even getting much on ppv anymore. wouldn't shock me one bit if they declined more programming.

wwf/sky contract negotiations are going to be interesting.

toni storm is green as hell

She's 21, hasn't she been wrestling for like a year? Not really surprising

Jamie OD

Man how Cage got so big in months is crazy. Dude was basically a light weight.

I once marathoned a bunch of PWG shows and it was scary to see how much he grew show to show in the space of about 6 or 7 months. Only comparison I could make is with the Headhunters in W*ING. They grew fatter and fatter every time I saw them.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wait the final is that mma lady vs kairi?

Lol they are totally going to feed her kairi aren't they?

Toki767

Well she's going to be in a program with Ronda Rousey against the Four Horsewomen.

I think it's just as likely that she'd get called up to the main roster relatively quickly as she'd win the tournament.

klonere

Banned
Kotoka for Most Improved 2017.

He's nearly the focal point of a unit that includes Speed Muscle and on a main event push Big R. I was thinking about who my favorite babyface of the year was and I think I would settle on him, even with all of Dragon Gate's woes.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

He's nearly the focal point of a unit that includes Speed Muscle and on a main event push Big R. I was thinking about who my favorite babyface of the year was and I think I would settle on him, even with all of Dragon Gate's woes.

you're not winning that race when braun exists

I doubt it. At the end of the day, Triple H is usually a babyface booker. More often than not he goes with a positive story and good guys winning in the end. And Kairi gains much, much more out of winning than Shayna does. The 4HW vs. 4HW stuff will have heat regardless. Kairi getting a big win in front of a big audience is a great establishment of her.

Toki767

Is the finals literally going to be one match right after Smackdown airs?

In front of a crowd that probably hasn't watched a single episode?

The best thing about Kotoka is all the DG nerds insisted he'd never amount to shit, now he's winning big falls and is the focal point of the best new faction in the promotion. BLEEEEEEHHHH!!

Cena beats Roman and then we all see that Roman isn't given the push like we thought, because we are stupid, and he always fought for it and earned it, and then when he wins the rumble it's like, Oh he EARNED this because Cena beat him. VINCE KNOWS US.

klonere

Banned
The best thing about Kotoka is all the DG nerds insisted he'd never amount to shit, now he's winning big falls and is the focal point of the best new faction in the promotion. BLEEEEEEHHHH!!

Jae (the guy who runs iheartDG/Official English DG account) and is basically the English speaking communities link to Dragon Gate said that he would never be a star.

Bitch look at him noooow.

Toki767

Cena beats Roman and then we all see that Roman isn't given the push like we thought, because we are stupid, and he always fought for it and earned it, and then when he wins the rumble it's like, Oh he EARNED this because Cena beat him. VINCE KNOWS US.

Who would think that?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

That's what happens when you do Mixed Martial Arts vs. Fixed Martial Arts. Nobody is gonna buy that Baszler would lose to a 5 foot tall girl dressed like a pirate.

Who would think that?
Vince

Heroman

Banned
That's what happens when you do Mixed Martial Arts vs. Fixed Martial Arts. Nobody is gonna buy that Baszler would lose to a 5 foot tall girl dressed like a pirate.
Plenty people would, it is pro wrestling.
And not to mention it her last fight she got her ass kicked by 5 foot woman.

Pray for hot Haskins matchups, friends

Haskins injury is probably one of the worst timed ones in recent memory holy shit

-Missed out on the WWE UK tournament
-Stopped his momentum just as he was getting RED HOT on the indies. Dude had like 3-4 (or more) championship belts at once

He's starting to get it all back though which is cool to see. He's amazing

klonere

Banned
Haskins injury is probably one of the worst timed ones in recent memory holy shit

-Missed out on the WWE UK tournament
-Stopped his momentum just as he was getting RED HOT on the indies. Dude had like 3-4 (or more) championship belts at once

He's starting to get it all back though which is cool to see. He's amazing

Absolutely. He would have been the champ at the time of the BSS stuff starting up. Although him having to vacate the title got that angle off to a hotter start, with Dunne picking up the title in the shows that followed. Nevertheless he would have certainly been part of the UK tournament which would have been a huge boon to him. Even if selfishly, I like how he doesn't have any WWE stink about him because of that.

Now he's getting more and more US bookings along with him reclaiming his place in the UK scene. And to think he thought the neck injury was going to be a career ender...

Absolutely. He would have been the champ at the time of the BSS stuff starting up. Although him having to vacate the title got that angle off to a hotter start, with Dunne picking up the title in the shows that followed. Nevertheless he would have certainly been part of the UK tournament which would have been a huge boon to him. Even if selfishly, I like how he doesn't have any WWE stink about him because of that.

Now he's getting more and more US bookings along with him reclaiming his place in the UK scene. And to think he thought the neck injury was going to be a career ender...

I feel like the BSS angle would've never happened if Haskins stayed healthy. It looked like they were gonna go with Zack Gibson as a top heel for a while there. His injury is so bittersweet, it sucked but at the same time it helped pave the way for the rise of Travis Banks!

He hasn't lost a step since returning from injury, still as crisp as ever. He's gonna be a big deal in the US <3

Its weird though that nothing ever came out of those rumors from Mania Weekend that him and a few others like Havoc, SPPT, and Dahlia Black were gonna sign to WWE

klonere

Banned
I feel like the BSS angle would've never happened if Haskins stayed healthy. It looked like they were gonna go with Zack Gibson as a top heel for a while there. His injury is so bittersweet, it sucked but at the same time it helped pave the way for the rise of Travis Banks!

He hasn't lost a step since returning from injury, still as crisp as ever. He's gonna be a big deal in the US <3

Its weird though that nothing ever came out of those rumors from Mania Weekend that him and a few others like Havoc, SPPT, and Dahlia Black were gonna sign to WWE

With ITV WoS dead, the whole WWEUK project is on the backburner it seems.

Hasney

With ITV WoS dead, the whole WWEUK project is on the backburner it seems.

The Observer things posted yesterday said that because barely anyone watched the UK tournament, they've been a bit antsy. They've tried shopping around to get the show on UK TV, but haven't had anyone bite yet.

klonere

Banned
The Observer things posted yesterday said that because barely anyone watched the UK tournament, they've been a bit antsy. They've tried shopping around to get the show on UK TV, but haven't had anyone bite yet.

It was a great tournament but very niche in terms of the people the presented and the market they were targeting. And as many commented on at the time, it felt kinda thrown together, even though it was such a fantastic watch.

This is a pretty big indictment of Vince

Ranallo’s primary issues were not with Layfield, but with the culture in place at the time headed by Vince McMahon. Layfield was part of it, but not the key part of it. Layfield’s actions were the straw that broke the camel’s back in a situation that has been resolved enough to where Ranallo returned with the proviso he’s working and reporting to Michael Cole and Paul Levesque, neither of which he ever had any problems with and they were the two people who recruited him into the company in the first place

What did Japanese buxx belmar do to get good?

Shoot

You’re not interested in being compared to the other wrestlers on the roster?

Suzuki: Look, New Japan, and New Japan fans, you’re full of BS admiration and fake praise. You see a guy who just lost in the ring, getting a round of applause. ‘Oh wow, great match, clap, clap, clap.’ Patting losers on the back, acting emotional. What a load of crap! It’s the winners that make headlines. It’s the winners you end up talking about. Don’t be hypocritical.

SHOOOOOOOOOOT

Your opponent on the tenth, Michael Elgin, beat you in your G1 match. Do you think that played a part in him getting a title match?

Suzuki: Michael Elgin? He’s a bitch. I don’t have any time for people stupid enough to think he’s on my level.

— Well a lot of people say Michael Elgin is the second biggest foreign name in New Japan right now, only behind Kenny Omega.

Suzuki: See! That’s exactly what I was talking about. ‘Second biggest’. Who gives a crap about your rankings, they all suck, I don’t care.

–It’s not often we’ve seen you against a foreign powerhouse like Elgin.

Suzuki: ‘Not often we’? Or ‘not often you’? Do your goddamn homework. Elgin, to me, he’s a big piece of shit. That’s all he is to me

https://www.njpw1972.com/14310

Rimfya

Banned
I didn't care much for the UK special but I've loved watching those guys since. They can't have expected a huge built in audience for a new thing, surely.

With Kairi/Shayna I'm hoping that if they really want to push this into some Survivor Series thing that they do it in a manner that doesn't involve her winning. Have her do something after the match like during the ceremony that prompts the WWE "4 Horsewomen" to respond and then Rousey and friends do so also.

Chapter 54 of progress is the first one in a what feels like a year where I'm not that interested in. I don't even have much desire to watch the Boston or New York events.

Top Bottom